KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 21 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Brutal
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,357
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 1
Popular Topics(Views)
2,053,657 Trump card
1,347,364 Picture Thread
483,176 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#13267 12/01/06 08:42 PM
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
When the time comes, I think you are the man for the High Chancellor position in DF. Will you take the job Derid? I want to get this going before beta starts as I need to start working on the UGC / PGC idea. If we can collect some like minded veteran organizations, I really feel we could be a force in DF.

let me know...

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Give me a couple days to mull it over, and talk to some people.

Also, im in Vent if you want to chat about it.

JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I'll be back on Sunday, I am stuck in the big storm, I will stop in in Vent.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I agree Derid is the man !!

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
I am waiting for one person to post on this topic

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
No surprise here! I think Derid would be an excellent HC and he has definitely been our DF guy thus far =)

-[KGB]- Garal TheGreat

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
Quote:

I want to get this going before beta starts as I need to start working on the UGC / PGC idea. If we can collect some like minded veteran organizations, I really feel we could be a force in DF.

Jet, try to get in contact with Deyth of Combine, http://www.the-combine.com/vbulletin . Months back I proposed to our senate joining the private group he runs on his website which is comprised of all the top guilds, according to him, I haven't seen a user list for it yet. He is happy to give us an invite to his group.

Yeah yeah, I know, before anyone replies with, "Oh he'll invite US to HIS group, oh how honoured we are!" I dont see it like this though, he's already done some of the footwork of bringing established/known MMO guilds together so why not make use of this? Like I requested months ago, lets get a representative in there so that we at least know what server the big boys will be on. One of the largest challenges for me as HC back in WoW was picking which server. After a shit load of personal emails and message board trolling I picked Archimonde because as you saw, it was and will always be known as the server that had the real PvP guilds on it. But the coordination process can be made much easier if we join multi-guild groups like this one for discussion purposes.

"It's not enough to win... others have to lose."
-Stephen Colbert 'Colbert Report'
Hall of Fame record
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
Quote:

No surprise here! I think Derid would be an excellent HC and he has definitely been our DF guy thus far =)

/agree with Garal

He's been an obvious choice for a long time. My only reservation is that many months ago I asked him if he'd want to be it and he was unsure about it. The Desire to lead is part of what makes a leader great, so my only question of him is, was he unsure because even though he had the desire to lead he couldn't say so far in advance if he'd have the RL time? or was he unsure because he just didn't really care much for the job?

As long as he desires it, I know he'd make a great choice, and hell, it's beta... we can even think of beta as a time to test him as the HC which is how our new constitution is set up anyhow with regular elections happening for the HC spot.

"It's not enough to win... others have to lose."
-Stephen Colbert 'Colbert Report'
Hall of Fame record
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Well, i would follow Derid WAY befor I would follow others, actually, if others were leading, I would not even play. I am not the only one, there have been numerous people say if certain people were leading, they would not play either and this comes from people that are high ranking and have been around from the start.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

Quote:

/agree with Garal

He's been an obvious choice for a long time. My only reservation is that many months ago I asked him if he'd want to be it and he was unsure about it. The Desire to lead is part of what makes a leader great

Actually, it's the opposite. Those with enough humility to see life through the eyes of their followers, have more empathy for them, and thus, know what it takes to inspire those followers through sincere objectives - all that is required is that they have the potential to lead, not the desire. Those with the burning desire to lead are often selfish and will screw their own followers over to obtain their own objectives. As a Knight, the former is much more preferrable than the latter - take this from a former Active Duty USMC Sergeant that put up with more spoiled Butter-bar Lieutenants than you can shake a stick at. The only good lower-ranking officers I've met were former enlisted that understood the life of a soldier from the ground up.

If Derid is unsure about taking up this position and not stepping on heads to get it - then he IS the perfect person for the job. The only other option I see it is to appoint Rahl.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard