KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 43 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,037,373 Trump card
1,342,611 Picture Thread
481,220 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#130795 07/13/15 09:51 AM
Silver Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Looking for someone experienced to assist me in the ways of archery. Stone Arrow is the most appealing to me but I wouldn't mind exploring other Archery/Shadowplay/X combinations.

I am pretty comfortable with the general gameplay but I could really use some advice for planning gear and enchants. My main goal is to be a nasty PvP archer and still be effective in PvE.

I'm on TS quite frequently, just give me a holla.

KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
PvE just depends on what you are doing and what the group dynamic that is required to do a dungeon.

I almost never bother to change out of Prime Evil and will put on a shield and sword if I need more defense.

First steps first, what gear are you currently rocking?

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Silver Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Hoi chummer! Thanks for responding =)

I'm on a dagger + shield setup at the moment

Currently I am T1 Obsidian on all but:
- Shield
- Belt
- Arms
^^ What I have in these slots is currently highest level quest gear

Cloak=Jury duty cloak

Instrument=Flute=Nights in White Satin(?) Agi 10,stam 26, int 16. Not great but not horrible

Ring of note: partially made dream ring
All other jewelry is pure crap

Been holding off on regrading past purple because I don't want to waste it on stuff I may replace.

My currently limited to noobishness plan is:
- to get 2 pieces of serp leather to replace the quest pieces + serp cloak to get the +agi 3 piece serp set/bonus (the higher set count bonuses didn't seem worth it but I dunno).
- to get Kraken Shield for the shield spot

Beyond that (and that may be a crappy plan), I dunno.

Last edited by Silver; 07/13/15 04:18 PM.
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Basically most the archer builds are viable, some more viable than others. If you want to PvE, I find Stone Arrow and Prime Evil work best. If you want to dungeon (depending on role) you have SA, PE and Oracle. If you are out on a pure PvP spree by yourself than shadow walker or PE are usually your best bet. If you are group PvP, it's really up to flavor between SW, SA or PE. Since late beta the Bastion build has been utterly hosed for any number of reasons, but it was a great build in Alpha.

Long and skinny of it is to upgrade to full Celestial Obsidian set and tier it up beyond tier 4. Serp your other three slots or make/buy Epherium or better Wave pieces. Secondary weapons are up to you, but I rock Sword + Shield or Daggerx2 depending on what I am doing. Your right side accessories is a problem all unto itself. Basically if you need more defense and health equip your shield and sword, if you want more DPS than go with two daggers.

First thing to get to Celestial or better is your Obsidian Bow and then tier that up to Tier IV or have the Tier III Hasla bow, I prefer the Obsidian route. Your other weapons are up to you on when in your cycle you want to get those slots addressed.

For your Obsidian gear, you want to regrade the Fists and Head slots first to Celestial or better and tier them up to Tier IV so you can choose the ranged critical damage boost over the melee damage boost. The other biggest return on value is the Jerkin and Legs for pure gear score and defense increase per slot (other than shield).

Beyond your base set of tier'd up Obsidian, its a time and gold game to upgrade from that into Celestial Epherium slot by slot (usually Wave) for your own Archer flavor.

Here is the best part of being an Archer though. It's one set of Leather for every build...

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!

Link Copied to Clipboard