KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,030,539 Trump card
1,340,290 Picture Thread
478,700 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#130753 07/11/15 07:45 AM
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
OP Offline
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
In the last few days I've gotten a few tells/messages asking me if I was quitting.

No, I am not quitting. I landed an excellent job as a process operator and my play time has been drastically cut. They have us slated to work 7/12's (7 days a week 12 hour shifts) however this is more than likely going to change to a 4 on 4 off rotation. The job is slated to last until October but there is a chance that it may stretch a little longer (depending on any issues that may arise).

This will hamper my duties to KGB and as any KGB veteran knows this bugs the crap out of me lol. That being said, without a real siege/war game there honestly is not much for me to do other than farm and try to get the gear I need. When I can be in game I'll still be running hot for anything that needs to be done but it's time we had some other folks step up. This is something currently being discussed by the officer core and it's pretty exciting so stay tuned.

I am currently looking into getting a gaming laptop so that I can keep up with the farmville side of the game as while I am at work I will be able to do a few things but I will be sitting on top of roughly 1 million barrels worth of compressed hydrogen so naturally my focus will be on NOT getting exploded.

Jet showed me a few laptops he thinks are usable through the IBM second hand store but with me making good money and about to be loaded up on some serious overtime pay I would gladly accept any suggestions as everyone knows I am not the most technically sound gamer (as far as hardware goes that is)

Back to work!!!

Last edited by Donkleaps; 07/11/15 07:47 AM.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Donkleaps #130764 07/11/15 07:05 PM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Well, first, congrats on the Gig Donk. I am still waiting to hear, lots of irons in the fire, but things look good and the government moves slow. Now..on to gaming..I bought an ASUS gaming laptop for my son several years ago (like as in 4) and just had it detailed and serviced and the technicians were all going on and on about the stability and kick ass capability of this 4 year old machine.

This is the spec for the current model:

Asus G750JS-RS71 17.3" Notebook Computer

Reg.

$1396.00

Product information

•Intel Core i7-4700HQ Processor
•17.3" Full HD LED Display
•12GB System Memory
•750GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
•Super-Multi DVD Drive
•nVIDIA GTX870M Graphics with 3GB GDDR5 Dedicated Video
•HD Web Camera and Microphone
•802.11AC Wireless LAN + Bluetooth 4.0
•HDMI Out
•USB 3.0
•Backlit Keyboard
•Windows 8.1
•Color: Black
•Model #: G750JS-RS71

Now, I don't know what your price range is, but if this is in it, reach out and let's see what we can work out for you. Or not, up to you.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Donkleaps #130791 07/13/15 08:19 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I lucked out when my laptop died this past January. Got a great deal on an Asus ROG GL...551?

Damn solid for the 800-900 I paid, and the higher tier ROG's are good too from what I hear

Lots of other good options on the high end too, if you're willing to look.

I've moved far afield from hardware, though, so I can't say much more than that!

Last edited by Hobbitlauncher; 07/13/15 08:20 AM.

They/Them

Star Citizen:
MISC Endeavor -- Anvil Carrack -- Anvil Terrapin -- Drake Dragonfly

Link Copied to Clipboard