KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 59 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,035,279 Trump card
1,342,337 Picture Thread
480,425 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#127127 10/05/14 11:38 PM
Vuldan Offline OP
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
Good Evening,

So, some issues have arisen, as we knew they would, in Archeage. Some, minor I am certain, are around a lack of communication and information for members. DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS AND TELL ME TO TELL THEM TO GRIND QUESTS AND GET THEIR ARMOR AND WEAPON We all already know that part.

We have many members who are now at level 50 and looking for direction, Give it to them please. Come up with a listing of known enemies and wary clans and pass that along. We have members who have been blind sided by LOTD, and when questioned on whether or not they could attack back they were given vague responses which were more concerned with starting a war than with protecting OUR members interests.

CRAFTING

Members are asking for things and are being told they cant have them, the crafter does not have time, its "stupid" to want a crafted staff when the in-game item is better for now etc. This is completely unacceptable If you took on a crafting job, sorry, but that makes crafting your primary gig in my opinion and your own exploring and such secondary. If the clan members has the mats, and is prepared to send the materials and such to you, then I am of the mindset that you as the crafter should get them the item within 24 hours or so. No, I am not suggesting you drop everything you are doing that very minute, but I am suggesting that telling members to go grind for it cause the in game item is better than what you can make is unacceptable. Or perhaps they have changed classes and cant get the in-game one anymore. This is something I am facing as I change classes.I have already hit 50 and done Hasla and the other, but now I am considering a huge change from Darkrunner to Daggerspell...plate to cloth, 2 hander to staff. And frankly I can't afford to outfit myself in the Daggerspell gear from AH prices. I have burned to much money and time in farming. My only other alternative of course is to roll up an alt.

Look, we have seen a resurgence of KGB the likes of which we have not seen in only god knows how long, certainly at least since Darkfall One. The game is fresh and fun and new, and has the potential to remain viable for some time, especially with Auroria and castles and such on the horizon, but we need to be 100% prepared for that. That means all crafting MAXXED OUT, all members focused on what the guild needs as much as themselves, and getting it set up. We are going to need hundreds and hundreds of Gilda stars just to make a run at some land grabbage..none of which will happen if we do not also do the "social" bit and hold the whole thing together.

Get your Agenda squared away and communicate it to ALL members. Get your KOS list and intel going, and communicate it to ALL members. Please.

Last, if your a crafter, you should be working hard to max out. I know many have, but we need to focus on the remaining skills and get ALL of them up to speed. That means Luxor needs materials and focus and locked down at a smithy until his crafting is caught up to Donks. Period. No offense Lux, but running around buying a boat is not helping us with end game weapons etc.

I know..wall of text. But come on folks..let's not lose sight of the future. Donk, your a great strategist, but you agreed to lead this ship, alone or by committee, people look to you for the answers. Jet is still to haphazard to help hold this thing together much, so rally your leader team, solidify your message and lock it in. Get your commander's identified and have them start working their teams. Get the groups squared away, roaming together and starting to work on ops together. I know, you have done some of this, but sending out an "all guys need to come now" cant work everytime. A more concerted plan will. People want direction and many of the members want help, especially those who don't own multiple pieces of property and dont have access to resources. As much as yo hate that side of leading, you are either going to have to step up and do it anyway, or get someone on your team who can. Either way, you have members who deserve that much, we have new members who need that much, and we have far to many things to do to lose sight of it now.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
One thing I'd like to add from a crafter's perspective. We make your goods for the mats, there will be no freebies given. This isn't to be a dick, but crafting is very gold intensive, most crafters struggle to make ends meet while grinding. In addition, I know with cooking, I've received a few orders for food or soup where they send a bunch of random junk- saying make what you can.

This is a bad habit, that needs nipped in the bud right now. Your crafters are not your personal calculators and what not. This is not to say if, for example, you a pumpkin or a few grain short from making soup- I will spot you as most other crafters will, miscalculations are made. However, if you can't take the time to figure out what mats you need, when recipes are very easy to find, most have even been posted on the oracle, don't expect crafters to take time to figure out the possibilities of what you want made either.

I for one will be returning all orders made in that fashion. This isn't to be a dick, but that's the way it needs to be.

KGB Champion - Taco Salad
KGB Champion - Taco Salad
Labor pots on our servers are ridiculously cheap (5-7g) compared to where they probably should be (15-20g) and what they are being sold for on other servers. That being said, it is a ridiculous money burn for a crafter to take on as an individual, to pop multiple of these every day. If I am missing something here let me know, but as of right now I can't afford to be eating these at every opportunity because I will run out of cash within days. Fortunately I am not a primary crafter (doing tailoring but far far behind our primary, and masonry which seems to not have a lot of benefit past 20k which I am near) so I haven't faced this dilemma directly but I can easily see this being an issue for some of us.

[Linked Image]
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Vuldan, If they have the mats and want something made. Then I do agree it should be done. However, if they complain that you are not high enough or not focusing enough time on your respective craft they can go grind it out or buy it.

Crafting is a damn heavy money sink. I can't even add up the total costs Trion has gotten off me to acquire funds to keep that going. If I'm dropping cash on RMT to Trion, I'll do with it as I see fit. Just like I used it to buy a Galleon. With little to no donations to help craft gain, its just a constant money sink. Something I'm not going to continue to.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
Vuldan Offline OP
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: Zhou
Vuldan, If they have the mats and want something made. Then I do agree it should be done. However, if they complain that you are not high enough or not focusing enough time on your respective craft they can go grind it out or buy it.

Crafting is a damn heavy money sink. I can't even add up the total costs Trion has gotten off me to acquire funds to keep that going. If I'm dropping cash on RMT to Trion, I'll do with it as I see fit. Just like I used it to buy a Galleon. With little to no donations to help craft gain, its just a constant money sink. Something I'm not going to continue to.

Go back and re-read my post. I completely, more than many I am certain, understand the costs associated with crafting. I did not ask you to give anything away free, however, I am not asking when I state emphatically that if you signed on for a primary crafting job and I have the mats for you to craft things for me (speaking in the third), then I expect that you will do so as soon as you can. Do not tell me what you will and wont do because your butt hurt over some words you misunderstood. I don't believe any primary crafter can state that I have not willingly and without expectation for recompense, donated to their cause.

Again, I am not stating give things away. I am stating that if your asked to do something, the mats are provided, then as the "primary" in an area, you should be ready to do it FIRST not secondary to your own game play. If you don't agree, that's fine, but it is going to continue to cause issue. Let me clear, I am NOT telling you how to play your game or spend your money. But if you ponied up to do a primary craft, then that is part of your responsibility to the guild. I have never asked anyone for donations or other to do farming for the guild, but I sure as hell could use it. Shatigon's Blessings would be great. But I have received nothing myself, except what I have put in as well. And I bet I have spent as much as you this time around. My point is that people are coming to me with the compaints I outlined above and they are concerns that need to be addressed. Tomorrow's meeting place is as good as any.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Selenian
One thing I'd like to add from a crafter's perspective. We make your goods for the mats, there will be no freebies given. This isn't to be a dick, but crafting is very gold intensive, most crafters struggle to make ends meet while grinding. In addition, I know with cooking, I've received a few orders for food or soup where they send a bunch of random junk- saying make what you can.

This is a bad habit, that needs nipped in the bud right now. Your crafters are not your personal calculators and what not. This is not to say if, for example, you a pumpkin or a few grain short from making soup- I will spot you as most other crafters will, miscalculations are made. However, if you can't take the time to figure out what mats you need, when recipes are very easy to find, most have even been posted on the oracle, don't expect crafters to take time to figure out the possibilities of what you want made either.

I for one will be returning all orders made in that fashion. This isn't to be a dick, but that's the way it needs to be.

While this is understandable this should have been made clearer.
There is a list of who crafts what and I look at the mats I get and
it says what they are for.
I send them off assuming they will get used and/or make me what I asked for, only to have them sent
back saying they don't need them.
This is why I asked for a list of what people want not just a list
of names and what they craft.

The crafts that have sent stuff back and will not make me items I send
them mats for, I have now started my own grind to get what I want.

Make a list of what you want.

(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
1. Is Donk the faction leader?
2. Has anyone addressed the friend / enemies board?

I could make a good doc and inset it into a Oracle post that leadership and trusted members could update?

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Originally Posted By: Vuldan

Go back and re-read my post. I completely, more than many I am certain, understand the costs associated with crafting. I did not ask you to give anything away free, however, I am not asking when I state emphatically that if you signed on for a primary crafting job and I have the mats for you to craft things for me (speaking in the third), then I expect that you will do so as soon as you can. Do not tell me what you will and wont do because your butt hurt over some words you misunderstood. I don't believe any primary crafter can state that I have not willingly and without expectation for recompense, donated to their cause.

Again, I am not stating give things away. I am stating that if your asked to do something, the mats are provided, then as the "primary" in an area, you should be ready to do it FIRST not secondary to your own game play. If you don't agree, that's fine, but it is going to continue to cause issue. Let me clear, I am NOT telling you how to play your game or spend your money. But if you ponied up to do a primary craft, then that is part of your responsibility to the guild. I have never asked anyone for donations or other to do farming for the guild, but I sure as hell could use it. Shatigon's Blessings would be great. But I have received nothing myself, except what I have put in as well. And I bet I have spent as much as you this time around. My point is that people are coming to me with the compaints I outlined above and they are concerns that need to be addressed. Tomorrow's meeting place is as good as any.

Oh I have nothing against what you said and I wasn't directing that at you other then agreeing that if they provide the mats crafters should assist in making the item.

The rest is just my own complaints with people demanding I put more time and money into Alchemy without realizing the costs associated with it. I only state that I believe if their going to gripe go and grind it out themselves. Also my opinion on what I will and will not do is just that my opinion, cause I'll be dammed if someone in game tells me what I need to do with my own money.

Edit:
Oh and we talked in TS3 it was just bad communication, nothing towards each other :)

Last edited by Zhou; 10/06/14 03:52 PM.

(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Originally Posted By: JetStar
1. Is Donk the faction leader?
2. Has anyone addressed the friend / enemies board?

I could make a good doc and inset it into a Oracle post that leadership and trusted members could update?

It was saposta be a council system at first and kinda is but as for the most part, Donk has claimed the faction.

Vuldan Offline OP
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: Vuldan

Oh I have nothing against what you said and I wasn't directing that at you other then agreeing that if they provide the mats crafters should assist in making the item.

The rest is just my own complaints with people demanding I put more time and money into Alchemy without realizing the costs associated with it. I only state that I believe if their going to gripe go and grind it out themselves. Also my opinion on what I will and will not do is just that my opinion, cause I'll be dammed if someone in game tells me what I need to do with my own money.

Edit:
Oh and we talked in TS3 it was just bad communication, nothing towards each other :)

Absolutely..not meant negative at all. To answer you, Jet, yes, Donk is the head of the hydra, but we are currently lacking in a little downflowing of info, and crafting has become a major area of concern as noted above by Helemoto. Just a point we need to look at and focus some effort on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard