KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 70 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Stealth Hawk
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,027,385 Trump card
1,339,567 Picture Thread
478,260 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#125051 05/21/14 05:05 AM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
as founders (plus half the server) once the game goes live we have a 4 day head start

what are our plans for those 4 days
to me its got to be about geting the large farms
once we have those placed we are set

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I don't know how many servers will be up when the game goes live, but all of us founders should be relatively well spread out amongst them, so competition in those first 4 days (I'm hoping) won't be to bad.

But yeah, I think the only really useful thing we can do with that extra time is get the farms.

So we need to start figuring out now where/how much/how many of us/what level it'll take to accomplish that.

Highflyer #125065 05/21/14 06:26 PM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Land Rush v1.0 (Minimizing Long Term Tax Liability & Maximizing Early Game Land Rush)

Phase One
1) Get your Small field land grab on for Toon 1 (SF-1)
2) Start growing Strawberries. (SF-1)
3) Get your small field land grab on for Toon 2. (SF-2)
4) Start growing Strawberries. (SF-2)
5) Get your small field land grab on for Toon 3. (SF-3)
6) Start growing Strawberries. (SF-3)
5) Get your small field land grab on for Toon 4. (SF-4)
6) Start growing Beans. (SF-4)
7) Family/Friend allocate all Toons to all Small Fields for ease of use on any account.

Now you have four lots of Small Fields right next to each other at a designated spot. This will require you to run your first toon through as quickly as possible to get the gold you need and lay your first small field and then rinse and repeat 3 more times. Should take you several hours if not the first play session. Keep growing Strawberries until you have 100 finished and you should have enough Beans by than for the Geese you are going to need to feed next.

Now that you have your fields placed and your cycles down and Toon 1 placed on Family/Friend status for the other Toons fields, you can begin to level and collect mats on Toon 1 while your fields are in grow cycles. Just make sure that you are paying attention to when your crops are ready for harvesting to maximize you cycles and ladder up as quickly as possible to a Large Field on Toon 1. The majority of your Gold will come from Toon 1 in the following cycles from leveling while you are waiting for crops. So make sure you are maximizing your time by generating as much gold as you can as quickly as you can while you wait for crop rotations.

Phase Two
1) Start Growing Wood (Aspen) (SF-1)
2) Start Growing Wood (Aspen) (SF-2)
3) Start Growing Wood (Aspen) (SF-3)
4) Start Raising Geese (SF-4)

Phase Three
4) Start Growing Flowers (Marigolds?) (SF-4)

You need to grow enough wood that you will have to keep 3 of your small fields churning out wood for the Trade Packs you are going to need to do for your Large Field. The Geese are for goose down that is the second part of the Trade Mount (Donkey) and Large Field quest set from the Blue Salt Brothers. The Marigolds are the third part of this quest set and the Wood Trade packs are the fourth and last part of this quest.

This is where you have to make a decision on your land grab and how much time are you going to dedicate getting a house and holding down land. Remember, land is for keeps if its in the uncontested faction lands. The above will get you the wood you need (the pain in the ass part) to get the upgrade for a Large Field on Toon 2. Notice I said, Toon 2. Toon 1, your main is going to be placing the house once you get the mats/money for it. Now you have to decide how much wood are you going to need before you cycle off of wood for other crops. Since we only get 4 days of head start, and probably won't have enough cycles to get all your fields upgraded in 96 hours of server time. I would advise using wood first for your house and then if you decide to have a second or third large field do so with your wood production. Based on that assumption, I would proceed to Phase 4.

Phase Four
1) Convert SF-2 to Large Field (LF-2)
2) Start Growing Wood (Aspen) (LF-2)
2) Start Growing Wood (Aspen) (SF-1)
4) Start Growing Your Skill Profession Mats (SF-4)
5) Continue growing Wood/Mats until you have enough for house.

Now you have enough wood, other mats and Gold for your house. I prefer the Thatched House (Hobbit House) for tax and land size and its ability to allow for a recall.

Phase Five
1) Plant house where SF-1 was.
2) Give yourself a High Five.
3) Make decision about Toon-3 and Toon-4 Fields.

Now you are at an impasse. You have leveled Toon 1 up probably somewhere in its late 20's and the other Toons are somewhere around level 8-10 in order to place the small fields. All the while when you were leveling your Toon 1, you were doing the armor quests and making/upgrading your base armors. Now you have to decide if you want to back through the process to get the Trade Donkey and the Large Field upgrade for Toon 3 & 4 or do you just want to keep it 1 Large Filed, 2 Small Fields and 1 House?

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Ok, prices on even placing a field progressively get higher as you place them. Im guessing after the 2nd field you're gonna be boned unless you have a character leveled a bit higher.

I believe my 4th piece of land costed me 5+ gold to place. At that low of level you won't have the resources. If you get 2 farms down you should consider yourself lucky.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
So, this would be the start strategy for anyone on release, pending of course the fact that all of that remains unchanged. So my question then is, is it worthwhile to buy the founders pack now or should we just wait?

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Tasorin #125107 05/23/14 12:49 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
Land Rush v1.0 (Minimizing Long Term Tax Liability & Maximizing Early Game Land Rush)

Phase One
1) Get your Small field land grab on for Toon 1 (SF-1)
2) Start growing Strawberries. (SF-1)
3) Get your small field land grab on for Toon 2. (SF-2)
4) Start growing Strawberries. (SF-2)
5) Get your small field land grab on for Toon 3. (SF-3)
6) Start growing Strawberries. (SF-3)
5) Get your small field land grab on for Toon 4. (SF-4)
6) Start growing Beans. (SF-4)
7) Family/Friend allocate all Toons to all Small Fields for ease of use on any account.

Now you have four lots of Small Fields right next to each other at a designated spot. This will require you to run your first toon through as quickly as possible to get the gold you need and lay your first small field and then rinse and repeat 3 more times. Should take you several hours if not the first play session. Keep growing Strawberries until you have 100 finished and you should have enough Beans by than for the Geese you are going to need to feed next.

Now that you have your fields placed and your cycles down and Toon 1 placed on Family/Friend status for the other Toons fields, you can begin to level and collect mats on Toon 1 while your fields are in grow cycles. Just make sure that you are paying attention to when your crops are ready for harvesting to maximize you cycles and ladder up as quickly as possible to a Large Field on Toon 1. The majority of your Gold will come from Toon 1 in the following cycles from leveling while you are waiting for crops. So make sure you are maximizing your time by generating as much gold as you can as quickly as you can while you wait for crop rotations.

Phase Two
4) Start Raising Geese (SF-4)

Phase Three
4) Start Growing Flowers (Marigolds?) (SF-4)

You need to grow enough wood that you will have to keep 3 of your small fields churning out wood for the Trade Packs you are going to need to do for your Large Field. The Geese are for goose down that is the second part of the Trade Mount (Donkey) and Large Field quest set from the Blue Salt Brothers. The Marigolds are the third part of this quest set and the Wood Trade packs are the fourth and last part of this quest.

This is where you have to make a decision on your land grab and how much time are you going to dedicate getting a house and holding down land. Remember, land is for keeps if its in the uncontested faction lands. The above will get you the wood you need (the pain in the ass part) to get the upgrade for a Large Field on Toon 2. Notice I said, Toon 2. Toon 1, your main is going to be placing the house once you get the mats/money for it. Now you have to decide how much wood are you going to need before you cycle off of wood for other crops. Since we only get 4 days of head start, and probably won't have enough cycles to get all your fields upgraded in 96 hours of server time. I would advise using wood first for your house and then if you decide to have a second or third large field do so with your wood production. Based on that assumption, I would proceed to Phase 4.

Phase Four
1) Convert SF-2 to Large Field (LF-2)
2) Start Growing Wood (Aspen) (LF-2)
2) Start Growing Wood (Aspen) (SF-1)
4) Start Growing Your Skill Profession Mats (SF-4)
5) Continue growing Wood/Mats until you have enough for house.

Now you have enough wood, other mats and Gold for your house. I prefer the Thatched House (Hobbit House) for tax and land size and its ability to allow for a recall.

Phase Five
1) Plant house where SF-1 was.
2) Give yourself a High Five.
3) Make decision about Toon-3 and Toon-4 Fields.

Now you are at an impasse. You have leveled Toon 1 up probably somewhere in its late 20's and the other Toons are somewhere around level 8-10 in order to place the small fields. All the while when you were leveling your Toon 1, you were doing the armor quests and making/upgrading your base armors. Now you have to decide if you want to back through the process to get the Trade Donkey and the Large Field upgrade for Toon 3 & 4 or do you just want to keep it 1 Large Filed, 2 Small Fields and 1 House?

Plan A: Find Trees
Plan B: Steal Trees
Plan C: Avoid Jail

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Clarification request - is it expected that you have to do multi-toon (account?) farming just to become PvP competitive in this game?

[Linked Image]
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
No, but for us to get a pvp city we will have to farm a lot of Gilda stars to purchase the various pieces or the plot itself. Through trade missions. Ships will require farming but just standard pvp combat and being effective no any player can compete with the gear you gain in questing or crafted armor.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Tasorin Land Rush v1.0

few questions

wood for houses how important is this after all you can place them with no materials and claim the land

I know that labour carries across all toons does this also count for taxes?

once you have the large farm convert your small farm to a work station and add it to your large farm allows bundles increases farming reduces taxes gives worms for fishing

idealy the guild also needs to build a boat or the large farm trade run is going to fail a lot setting us back

do we all need houses? thease at the moment appear to be vanity items lots of work stations in the towns that can be used

Link Copied to Clipboard