Well it all started around Tuesday. Some idiot exploited PHP-BB and PHP-NUKE and acquired a shell into the KGB Linux system that as you all know, runs all our services except TEAMSPEAK (Which is on another system and was not affected).

The first thing this idiot did was delete all our mail and thats what tipped me off. I immediately got ahold of KGB's own Crag and he jumped in. After several hours of doing battle with this clown, we decided that the best thing to do was restore from Sunday's backup. This was before our system was broken into.

As soon as I did that, this guy once again broke the PHP stuff and it all started again. I restored the image and immediately disabled our old system.

With advice from SB's Ashen Temper, I installed this package which is way more secure and stable. It is easy to use, tracks users IPs and logs what they do, and best of all, has the new messages feature we all missed so badly.

So here we are. I am working to get everything back online as fast as I can. I am going to be employing some help from Vydor, Elph, Heidi, Romeo, and those who are familiar with administration.

MOST OF ALL, thanks for your patience. This system is here to stay and I am very pleased with it!

Last edited by JetStar; 11/29/05 12:02 AM.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter