KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 50 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,034,252 Trump card
1,342,149 Picture Thread
480,195 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
KGB AND ALLIES FAIL TO TAKE TUGHRI

Make sure to click on the YOUTUBE button to view this video in it's native 1080P HD mode. Click on the GEAR icon to set resolution

In what was probably DFUW's largest battle so far, KGB, BLOOD and many other friends battled for more than 12 hours straight in a contest for control of the city of Tughri.

It was a politically charged situation that was ultimately decided with the other powers on the server picking sides and turning the tides. Both sides called in many favors, and in this case, the defenders prevailed.

The siege went live after midnight Pacific time due to Siege Stone placement malfunction. The battles were raging at 4:00am for some, and many folks were war wary after many hours of constant combat.

I am currently editing a video from our perspective that will be online shortly.

Here is an idea of what happened.

The Blood alliance with KGB and other friends began doing wall destruction on the walls of Tughri more than 12 hours in advance. It was a war of attrition to see if Lost Minions had more repair shards than our alliance had battle spikes.

We began to employ ships to fire cannons at the external walls, and at one point there were hundred of people fighting and a fleet of 4 alliance ships in combat. 1 ship was sunk on each side. Ours was planned as a sacrifice.

The alliance and allies formed up at the Siege stones and defended until the City became vulnerable. We then made a huge push on the city and were actually winning despite the many scroacher guilds. It seems Lost Minions had an unused favor with the LOD alliance and they came in to surprise us, and overwhelm our attacking force.

The alliance and allies regrouped for one final push on Tughri, but time was running our, and our forces were overwhelmed.

This was by far one of the most impressive mass combat scenes in online gaming that I have ever seen in my 16 years of run KGB. Just an awesome site. Again, I will be sharing video.

Just for fun, you can see in the video below, the Blood Alliance in an attack on Tughri the night before the siege, kid napping Lost Minion's leader Crush, and taking him back to our to the alliance headquarters.

The KGB version of the combat video will be posted soon.

IF YOU ARE NOT PLAYING WITH US, YOU ARE MISSING SOME OF THE MOST EPIC SCENES IN KGB HISTORY!

Special thanks to our Blood brothers and sisters for their unyielding support.

Last edited by JetStar; 07/01/13 12:01 AM. Reason: VIDEO ADDED

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Sweet video. I really felt like I was watching this from the bridge of a Bird of Prey....

JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Good call on the music!

Quote:
He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares Maelstrom and 'round Perdition's flames before I give him up!

Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Join, rejoin, or reactivate TODAY!

You know why we didnt win the city?

It's because YOU were not there!

Star Citizen Hanger:
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Wish I coulda been there :/, looked fun

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard