KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Raist
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,020,686 Trump card
1,339,216 Picture Thread
478,047 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#119682 06/27/13 01:05 PM
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

So an idea for a new game hit me. I have a couple ideas on how it might work.

The first, you play as an NSA analyst and pore through simulated data through simulated govt spying systems.. and try to catch terrorists, or foreign spies. Or maybe your not making your numbers, and need to cook up some false positives. Or maybe you stumble on some info worth selling. Try and work your way up the ranks at the NSA without getting fired, jailed or worse based on what you can find and what you do with it.

The second idea I think would be more fun, but harder to make.

Basically you would play as a fictitious version of a John Poindexter type character, and the game style would be a mix of the aforementioned, one of those election games like The Political Machine, with time passage and events similar to a Crusader Kings or Europa Universalis type game.

Start as a somewhat connected operative in the Intelligence/politicial/MIL-IND complex.. and with you starting monetary and political capital build your fortunes as an intelligence mastermind. Start gathering data, make sales pitches, get govt contracts, get private intelligence contracts, blackmail , bribe, befriend, threaten politicians and business execs. Catch foreign spies to raise your standing, spill dirt on CIA directors that threaten your agenda.

Launch COINTELPRO campaigns against opposing groups, sell info on environmentalist activities to big corp for monetary or political capital, etc. Compete against rivals and become the most powerful force in the country without being disgraced, going broke, getting jailed, shot, etc.

Thoughts?

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Derid #119686 06/27/13 03:53 PM
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
O.o

[Linked Image]
Derid #119688 06/27/13 04:48 PM
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

It would be a bit similar to that one text based game you linked a while back.

Except I would actually build a better UI, and it would play a bit more like a strategy game.

I think it could be a fun concept. Trying to figure out how to monetize it though.

The most sensible way to write it, would be browser based. Just run one large world simulation and all the players draw from that. Trying to figure out if theres any good way to add typical F2P monetization to it though.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard