KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 53 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,036,934 Trump card
1,342,564 Picture Thread
481,172 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
The communication break down was from the issue of waiting on responses from DIE and OTG in mumble and giving responses back to vent. Might have to start some old Knight Captains like the old day to take on communication between various parties. One or two people can't handle the load.

I agree if hes having ping issues might not be good to handle the push. But i also think many were having freezing issues more due to the server not internet.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
KGB Arch Duke
OP Offline
KGB Arch Duke
Originally Posted By: Lorddarka
2 things until critter resolves his ping issue in siege someone else need to take over for now. seond thing our communications were really bad during the push we had people trying to figure out if clans like thunder buddies and outriders were friend or foe.we found out afterthe fact they were foe. Also the whole thing was a big open field clusterfuk. Need to work on our organzation.

i agree with darka on many things said here
outriders where actually friendly and because we where taking part in a zerg tactics siege we where left in the dark on all friendlies and enemies
imo yesterdays siege was not where kgb should have been
zerging it up to get involved in someone elses siege will bring the enemy to your door very quickly
as well i dont think we need to be zerging with other alliance just cuz vamp lays a siege
it was disorganized and honestly if we wherent going to push on the siege stones we had no business being there
instead we pushed on a hamlet that wasnt live for 40 mins and wasted a lot of time and gear imo
appologies
supposedly die is going to help us at a siege if we need it so we have a favor to call on later
i took over soon as critter was pinging out i tried to keep us togather via waypoints which is the only way to do it honestly without landmarks
i would also very much like to get some knight captains going again i think it will help us a lot

Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Just a quick note - after the first siege/city transfer that we attended I suggested some communication improvements such as captains or other rank or leadership for organizational purposes and group coordination. Nothing new here really just revisited what we set up DFO once things started to get rolling the organizational needs become apparent. From my perspective the things that needed the most attention were: 1 organization of clan preparation and group formation, 2 battle communication (once the siege started the command channel went quiet) so phantoms in pvp channel might work here so that all group leads can hear battle orders and ask questions about guilds etc. Keep up the great work everyone sounds like things are going great.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Communication has always been the problem with DF1 and now with DFUW. We can only manage what we do and what we communicate. Anytime you have a spur of the moment siege without having any kind of Information before hand, you have a very high chance of failure. This is why I'm not a fan of the last minute sieges because lack of communication runs wild.

IF everyone agrees to a last minute siege, then everyone involved should go in ready for miscommunication. There will be bad calls, friendlies will be killed, we will die from enemies because we don't know for sure if they are enemies. These things happen when we jump in at the last minute. This is why we SHOULD NOT do that unless it's beneficial to us in some way. We need to start demanding that we know everything possible about a siege that we can. The more we know the better we can plan and cut down on the lack of communication.

An observation that I have noticed on a lot of DF1 sieges, the person making the calls isn't fighting very much. They are running around staying alive directing their people where to go. I know it's hard to sit back and do that when you want to fight as well, but in order to have clear calls and a good view of the battlefield maybe the caller shouldn't be neck deep in a fight. Myself, it's hard to communicate what others should be doing while I myself am fighting and trying to stay alive.

(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Your right communication has always been an issue but with TS3 we could help reduce the situation. TS3 allows for individuals to set a key to talk to specific people in any situation so here is my 2 cents.

First off have a designated Field observer surveying the field to direct combat operations. Most likely it will be to hard to fight on the front lines while doing this. He should be in a command channel to reduce com traffic and confusion. This should be one of our Generals.

Have this individual have a whisper key that will directly talk to the Knight Captains, LT.'s or whoever is stepping up to lead the groups and direct the orders to these individuals.

These individuals in their separate channels will relay the information to the specific groups and report back to the field observer for any additional orders. That way com traffic is specific to the needs without any additional clutter.

TS3 also allows you to position sound of specific users in different areas so that could also help. By having a chain this will help break down of communication and confusion with massive amount of people in one channel. Time to use some actual military procedures if you want to increase communication performance.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard