KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
chrisbcfc
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,031,651 Trump card
1,341,065 Picture Thread
479,007 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#116388 04/23/13 10:15 AM
Sethan Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/04/2...rt-in-rosemead/

So...here we go again.

Lets get everyone all scared of every little paper bag blowing down the street. At this rate you will have TSA style security coming to an event near you. Sometimes I wonder if these stories are drummed up and put in the news just to put people on edge.

People do not walk down the street scared of being struck by lighting but yet they have a better chance of getting struck by lighting then blown up by an empty bag in front of Walmart.

Do people not understand the effect terrorists wish to achieve when they commit these acts or do government agencies just capitalize on them for more control? Maybe both....

Already saw several talking heads on the news rattling off about how people need rethink their right to privacy so we can prevent these type of acts. Am I the only one that can see the writing on the wall?

Sethan #116389 04/23/13 10:18 AM
Sethan Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight

Sethan #116390 04/23/13 10:19 AM
Sethan Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight

Sethan #116391 04/23/13 10:26 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Benjamin Franklin
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety and will surely lose both.

*edit
There have already been TSA agents at events like ball games and concerts. It will only get worse.

Last edited by Kaotic; 04/23/13 10:27 AM.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Sethan #116392 04/23/13 10:29 AM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Saw it years ago. A large portion of people in the USA have been conditioned to accept any solution in the face of any "problem".

Doesnt matter if its economics, civil liberties, whatever. Cost/benefit analysis is not something most people are apparently capable of.

It doesnt help that people completely take for granted their rights, because they feel that social mores are what protects them and ignore fundamental protections. Well, social mores change over time. Once you give up the fundamental protections, it is inevitable that the rights you currently enjoy will be stripped at some point in time due to changing social perception.

Thus "it doesnt affect me cause I dont do X" where X is making a million dollars a year, owning a gun, caring about the privacy of a conversation, whatever - is never, and will never be a valid justification - though the majority of our society seems to think it is.

Prepare for a couple centuries of darkness, until people start escaping to new frontiers in outer space is basically what it boils down to. Europe was a statist shithole until people escaped to the New World which led the way for developing prosperity and liberty. Now we get to become old Europe, and the world will be a shithole until people manage to escape to space colonies. Rinse and repeat, unfortunately its a cycle that we as a race are likely not capable of breaking.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sethan #116396 04/23/13 12:22 PM
Sethan Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
I will try not to get on a soap box about this but there appeared to be excessive violations of people's 4th amendment during the Boston lockdown. I understand it was a special circumstance but does that mean people instantly lose their rights?

I had no problem with them suggesting people stay indoors or doing the whole 20 block lock down thing. I dont feel someone's rights are violated by being asked to stay indoors while a armed person is on the loose in their neighborhood. That just seems like good sense.

But when they bring out military forces/vehicles *with a velcro police patch on their back* and start doing door to door searches without people's consent.....you have to step back and think about what is going on there. These were not friendly knock on the door and ask if we can look around type searches from what I saw.
So some scumbag did some horrible things down the road from where you live. Does that mean police are allowed to storm into your home and search it room by room without a warrant even if someone *refuses* to allow them in?

Those officers cannot go into a home with your bong on the table and turn a blind eye to it. They are obligated to act on plain sight offenses like that. So now you have minor convictions as the result of a warrantless search. It will get thrown out of court but none the less a person's rights have been violated.

So that is some food for thought. I am not up in arms about it or losing any sleep but I think it shows just how far government agencies will go when they feel the need to do so.

Sethan #116397 04/23/13 12:39 PM
Sethan Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
In a nutshell we have to be careful as a country about stepping on someone's rights just because of a special circumstance.

Last edited by Sethan; 04/23/13 12:40 PM.
Sethan #116408 04/23/13 02:58 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Sethan
it shows just how far government agencies will go when they feel the need to do so think they can get away with it.
Fixed that for you.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Sethan #116416 04/23/13 05:01 PM
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Today they had to evacuate my pants, because they found suspicious large package in there.

[Linked Image]
Sethan #116417 04/23/13 05:19 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Hazmat?

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard