KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 53 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,035,522 Trump card
1,342,368 Picture Thread
480,490 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: sini
You could also read the studies. While finer points might be lost on you, it doesn't take sophistication to understand them. Looking at ice cores. Looking at tree rings. Looking at STUFF, all that tells us it is happening.

Have you done it?
Cause I read some. A lot lack data and rely on citing other studies without checking the data and statistical analysis.
And yup, science does not work by consensus.

Also: making big decision which can kill a lot of people using models which failed is a bad thing.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Derid, you started this thread with "Warmest temperatures in 4k yrs claim = bad science" title.

Warmest temperatures = global warming
bad science = not true

So just in your title you say just that and now you are claiming that I'm attacking a straw man.

To further demonstrate my point - your fellow conservatives rallied to "no global warming" claim and are not even subtle in outright denying it happening and you are not in any way or form correcting them.

Just admit that your dogma is unscientific and ride your horse-and-buggy over to the nearest town to register your "no global warmish" religion.

/facepalm

Yes the fact that the earth is currently on warming trend does not mean that the paper claiming that we are currently the warmest in 4k is correct.

So you are asserting that the paper *is* correct? Lets be clear on this.

Because if you are not asserting that, then yes you are in fact attacking a straw man. The "4k year" claim in title was a direct reference to the contents of the post , which referenced a particular paper that made rounds through a particular news cycle. If you are talking about anything other than this , you are talking about something I am not.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
To further demonstrate my point - your fellow conservatives rallied to "no global warming" claim and are not even subtle in outright denying it happening and you are not in any way or form correcting them.
He's not correcting the rest of us because none of us have denied that the global temperature (which is a hinky term to begin with) has increased. Every last one of us who brought it up did so in the context that man isn't causing it. Didn't Derid post you a link to Rosetta Stone English? Or, do you just enjoy making slanderous statements in hopes that no one else has read what actually was said?

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Ok, so finally I managed to coax out of local troglodytes that indeed, they did manage to internalize that climate change is happening.

Change-a-happening. Earth is warming up.

Is it warmest in 4K years? I don't think we have precision to confidently state that for all definitions of now and then, but we can clearly state that averages are increasing and trending upwards.

[Linked Image]
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

What are you talking about? Making things up again.

If you want to toss out insults , and not have it backfire horribly like usual - you should consider ranting against things people actually say sometime.

Things like this are why it is such an irony when you ever talk about "willful denial" regarding how others perceive your views.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I didn't understand what you guys were saying, so now that you've made it clear, I'm going to insult you and pretend you're finally seeing things my way.
I fixed that for you.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
ManBearPig Alert...

The sky will be falling if we don't spend all of our money on Inefficient expensive means to create and use power. Let's all drink the kool-aid and become retarded...

Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard