KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 50 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,034,252 Trump card
1,342,149 Picture Thread
480,195 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Luxor Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
I have been thinking about the best strategy for crafting upon release given those that have an interest in the crafting grind, and the character accounts we have available. Here are some general theories I have...

1) There should be one major crafting skill per account. This is mostly due to how difficult it is to get the 10k prowess per crafting master skill.

2) Till someone hits 100 in their craft, all guild resources should be funneled to them. After they hit 100 the resources should then goto either who needs the prowess, or who is going to be the jr crafter for that skill.

3) The 2 guild purpose bartender accounts should focus on
- Armor smith.
- Weapon smith.

4) There should be one point person for each of the 4 main resources. This person should be responsible for calling the guild to action when running low on resources. These include: Iron Ore, Wood, Rawhide, and cotton.
I suggest:
Valaria- Iron Ore (Smelting)
Heidi- Wood (Woodcutting)
Luxor- Rawhide (Tanning)
Longshank?- Cotton (Weaving)

5) Other Major Crafting Skills
Leather working- Bondi
Tailoring- Need a volunteer. (Kerig?)
Bowyer- Valaria
Staff Crafting- Need a volunteer. (Hare??)

Shield Crafting- Need a volunteer. Since master shields are not in high demand, could be done eventually on a bartender account.

6) Important Craftings skills, but mastery not needed (immediately).
Alchemy... Since we do not need a master (unless able to make fine glyph) this can be done by one of the bartender accts.
Construction. (Bartender)
Engineering. (Bartender)
Shipbuilding. (Bartender)

6) Minor Crafting Skills
Mount Summoning. (Everyone, unless someone wants to take responsibility for ensuring wehave mounts in clan bank)
Cooking. Useless skill at this point. Potatoes are the bottleneck.

Over time the bartender accounts will be able to take on more of the crafting skills, but other then armor and weapons they should take on a jr or 2nd role for the other skills.

Here are some of my thoughts, please let me know where you agree, and disagree. For those roles where we need someone to step up and fill in slots, better to get it figured out now, then on release date.

If we do this right, and all work together, we should quickly have the best geared crew on DF2. This will allow all other member to just focus on getting their skills up, and enjoy the PvP fun with top level gear.

Last edited by Valaria; 02/15/13 05:32 AM.
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I think that's a good idea the reason I posted about tailoring is after looking through clan bank I didn't see any Mage armor at all but a few random looted items. So I decided I'd help out. I'm sorry if I took any mats needed for you guys. I also saw mounts were low so I filled it up:)

Play To Crush!
Luxor Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Kegir... I dont think that Hare is interested in mastering tailoring. But you should check with him.. If you want to give it a shot, I think we have plenty of cloth (about 1k), and it would be good for someone to master (& learn) that skill. Maybe you and Wolf can team up to get the tailoring/weaving combo mastered on launch.

What is your prowess at??? I am am working on tanning, and using the rawhide. Can use any extra. I will try and work on gathering you some cotton.

(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
Sounds like a good plan to me.

I will take up Bowyer again at launch. I had thought about cooking, but I really did enjoy doing bows in df1. I will continue on and do that here.

as for suggested resources the guild will need, Add Sulfur to that list. Once you begin crafting the rare ingots it requires sulfur. I have already run into an issue with raising the mastery with the bottle neck on Sulfur. I have used up a portion from the clan bank and all of my personal stockpile I had. I dont want to use too much more from the clan, incase leather or one of the other crafts needs it for their rare crafts.

aside from that. It looks like a great start for the launch plan.

Last edited by Valaria; 02/15/13 05:31 AM. Reason: changed opinion on a craft.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
I can do the Cotton\Weaving ... needed for bags right off the bat.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Luxor Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
And we have a winner... Longshanks gets the privilege of whacking bush after till he becomes a master bush whacker.

But seriously, thanks for stepping up. We will need someone that can make the high level cloth mats to supply the elementalist.

Now we just need someone to take on the role of master tailor... anyone... anyone...

Last edited by Luxor; 02/07/13 04:31 PM.
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
I need to try out a ele, like the warrior so far. If I dig the ele, I may start off with that role & tailor would be a natural fit with my bushwacking.

By the way, I was grabbing 3, or more, steedgrass on a bush for a while ... seems to have slowed down a bit though.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Crown Princess
KGB Crown Princess
steed and essences have slowed both in and outside protected areas. :/

Sometimes in the winds of change we find our true direction.
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
I make Theyril Ingots Now! yep 100 Smelting Mastery.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Valaria
I make Theyril Ingots Now! yep 100 Smelting Mastery.

That's a Bingo!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard