KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 54 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Stealth Hawk
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,029,039 Trump card
1,339,747 Picture Thread
478,311 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: sini
Hele, I can't help but read your posts in zombie voice, but instead of "brains" you are moaning "Foooooox".

I cannot even remember the last time I saw anything on FOX other then Family Guy or the Simpsons.

Once again you deflect with the FOX new argument makes you look stupid. Congrats on typical leftist tactics, keep telling a lie until everyone believes it.
You are the one that cannot seem to think for yourself, most of your post are of extreme progressive talking points.

I on the other hand type what I think without going to check with my masters first as some do here.( I mean you)
I understand that having a thought not rubber stamped by whatever websites you have in your favorite list is hard for you to comprehend.

Stubs Offline OP
KGB High Knight
OP Offline
KGB High Knight
Wow. Totally sorry for disappearing after starting this. Had stuff to do and wasn't bored :P

Anywho, Sini man, I gotta say I don't remember saying anything about a moral economy. So im not sure how you put those together. I said we should all try to act morally. We could start by not lying.

Like lying to people telling them that higher taxes helps the economy. Since, like i said...if you went to high school and graduated you know is a false statement. Taxes are a necessary evil, but they should be kept as low as possible as to minimize their impact on the health of the economy.

Telling the people that taxes are good and more taxes are better, just so you can take that money and redistribute it via government programs and calling it progress is a lie. Its more like armed robbery.

STUBS!

KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Stubs, re-read this. Ask questions if you don't understand.

To further simplify this - our moral code is buggy. We rationalize, we act from bias, we favor in-groups, and we assign different importance to otherwise similar consequences based on a huge number of factors.

[Linked Image]
Stubs Offline OP
KGB High Knight
OP Offline
KGB High Knight
Stubs, re-read this. Ask questions if you don't understand.

To further simplify this - our moral code is buggy. We rationalize, we act from bias, we favor in-groups, and we assign different importance to otherwise similar consequences based on a huge number of factors.

Sini, reread this, ask questions if you don't understand. Because I certainly understand that morality is itself fluid. However, I think all can agree that LYING is IMMORAL, yes or no?

Originally Posted By: Stubs
Wow. Totally sorry for disappearing after starting this. Had stuff to do and wasn't bored :P

Anywho, Sini man, I gotta say I don't remember saying anything about a moral economy. So im not sure how you put those together. I said we should all try to act morally. We could start by not lying.

Like lying to people telling them that higher taxes helps the economy. Since, like i said...if you went to high school and graduated you know is a false statement. Taxes are a necessary evil, but they should be kept as low as possible as to minimize their impact on the health of the economy.

Telling the people that taxes are good and more taxes are better, just so you can take that money and redistribute it via government programs and calling it progress is a lie. Its more like armed robbery.

STUBS!

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Stubs
However, I think all can agree that LYING is IMMORAL, yes or no?

No. Examples: Unknowingly lying. Lying to save someone's life.

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
First, you can't "unknowingly lie" except by the most general definition of the word, and that's clearly not what Stubs is referring to.
Second, it's easy to justify something by saying "well I'd do it to save someone's life" because that just paints you as a hero and glosses over whatever you've done. Doesn't make it any less immoral. Two wrongs don't make a right, right? Maybe you don't believe in all that hoo-haa.

Of course, each person's definition of immoral may vary, since what we consider moral is based solely on what we have been raised to believe as such. I guess I could see how the younger generation could have a very skewed sense of morality given what saturates entertainment these days combined with the absurd lack of familial structure and discipline. But I dare say that this is more or less exactly the future that Paul Harvey warned us about.

Stubs Offline OP
KGB High Knight
OP Offline
KGB High Knight
Its still immoral. Unknowingly lying isn't lying. To lie you have to make a choice to. Lying to save someone is still lying. At least we now know you don't think lying is wrong.

Quote:
Of course, each person's definition of immoral may vary, since what we consider moral is based solely on what we have been raised to believe as such. I guess I could see how the younger generation could have a very skewed sense of morality given what saturates entertainment these days combined with the absurd lack of familial structure and discipline. But I dare say that this is more or less exactly the future that Paul Harvey warned us about.

Basically. That's why I was all lik, "seem familiar?" when I posted the speech.

Last edited by Stubs; 01/09/13 12:50 PM.

STUBS!

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
So, Brutal, this is more Jesus thread after all? Or is this knee deep in the snow thread? Perhaps both.

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I never mentioned jesus, or religion at all. Wait let me re-read what I wrote. Nope, no religion. Agnostic btw.

If your parents did not provide you with any base of morality while they raised you, then you would understandably have no idea what I'm talking about. I would not fault you for that, but I would expect you to believe that I'm not simply spouting bullshit and respect the fact that many of the people of my generation were raised in a similar manner.

edit: knee-deep in the snow. Yes, "back when I was a boy.."

Last edited by Brutal; 01/09/13 01:05 PM.
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I fully expect this to go over everyone's head.

You can never be justified in believing that the moral claim is true. Moral claims imply motivation internalism, and it is demonstrably false. Additionally, the mere fact of moral disagreement and need for moral judgment implies moral relativism. Feel free to ignore this and pontificate your faux moral superiority.

[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard