KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
chrisbcfc
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,031,651 Trump card
1,341,065 Picture Thread
479,007 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#111640 12/22/12 12:26 PM
Cheerio Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Our focus is to be character development. I can't agree more. In the last go-round, myself and a few other concentrated on gaining ITEMS- specifically boats.
Then we discovered that people with more skill and developed characters could easily take the stupid boats away.

However, in keeping with character development, I think that acquiring player housing. KGB controlled a sizeable chunk of player housing last time, including 2 entire islands. In a pinch, many people could live out of those houses, obviating the need for clan cities.

We are going to be competing with large clans. While they are out mining and chopping, we should be scouring the face of Agon for deeds and getting houses placed ASAP. So clear a camp, move on. Clear a camp, move on.

It might go without saying, but no one has mentioned it and we may have new players

KGB Darkfall
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Obviously I will not be playing and my advice can be taken with a grain of salt, but think very small.

I would get only the bare minimum of what you all will need, a small house or location with a bank and just stock pile everything you can there while your focusing on making strong characters. There is no reason why everyone can't live out of the same one bedroom shithole until your characters can make a real go of it and hold a much larger dirt patch.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Y
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Y
Based on my DF1 experience my take is this:

Scout out the new DF2 map during beta. Learn the locations and mob spawns, what mobs drop what (did they change loot tables etc.) What dungeons are good and you can 'exploit' out of (because let's face it that's what DF was).

Find the best locations in the game early before release hits so you settle their via housing/city asap instead of weeks into release when it will be too late. The location on the world map greatly influences guild wealth and character progression (money = mats to level magic = better equipment to melee with = better bows to deal RDPS with)

Cheerio Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
Obviously I will not be playing and my advice can be taken with a grain of salt, but think very small.

I would get only the bare minimum of what you all will need, a small house or location with a bank and just stock pile everything you can there while your focusing on making strong characters. There is no reason why everyone can't live out of the same one bedroom shithole until your characters can make a real go of it and hold a much larger dirt patch.

Houses are valuable in themselves and can't be taken away. They also provide strategic value for moving people around and now, with summoning, can be the start of a summon chain

KGB Darkfall
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Then that's where I'd start. get four KGB Safe houses at the cardinal points on the map, east, west, north, south. and use them as way stations and meeting locations.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
Then that's where I'd start. get four KGB Safe houses at the cardinal points on the map, east, west, north, south. and use them as way stations and meeting locations.

+1

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I'd also have a super secret 5th house that is located somewhere very distant to conduct training or store the most valuable assets, or meet in full safety. and never give that location out to allies or others outside of KGB.

This all is of course without knowing how expensive or difficult it is to get housing.

Last edited by Drakiis; 12/22/12 02:22 PM.

(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
From what I was able to find out the housing shit is the same as original.

Someone has to find the deeds.

To me that is the far better route to go then city building. Everyone just bunk up in a mid map village and grab some spaces in the outer most ocntinents.

Map travel = more PK'ing = more resources.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
We have enough clan dominion to acquire a hamlet. If we can find one in a good area so that all of us can bind to, that would be a good thing. We need to work on getting used to the new UI. I think that above anything is a must in beta. This means PVP & PVE as a group so we can help each other. Also, DO NOT leave something you value in your personal bank or in your back pack. If you log off or crash there is a good chance you will lose it. All of us that have been in game have a bag in the clan bank with our names on it. The clan bank has not been wiped after crashes or server up's.

As we all know beta is about testing out things so that they can be Improved upon when the live version comes out later. So let's skill up, craft up and do what we can to help Aventurine get the feedback they need to Improve the game. We could face some big changes by the time UW goes live.

KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
all hamlets are taken we tried last night

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard