KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 42 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,033,784 Trump card
1,342,102 Picture Thread
480,137 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I dont think the issue, is with your right to defend your thoughts and opinions Red.

How you went about it recently is a different matter.

I <3 u man, in a very non-ghey sort of way... and I certainly agree with you a lot more than I do with sinij or Jet on most topics... but I really do think you could have expressed your displeasure in more constructive ways.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Debase your thoughts and your opinions? I have no power over your thoughts, all I can and do is disagree with what you say and tell you why. This is how political debate works, if you don't enjoy this process, and not willing to get your opinions questioned, perhaps you should keep them private?

If my comparisons are false, then demonstrate them so. If you think I am unfairly accusing you of something - point it out. Standing and defending should always be done with arguments and facts, not with profanity and abuse.

Moment you lower yourself to abuse and profanity is moment you concede that your arguments are indefensible.

What do you have me do? Insincerely agree to your arguments just to keep peace? Go easy on you so you can feel better about your questionable opinions?

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
And Sini that is not how you do it. You simple do not say I disagree with your red, and think that americans that have died at an embassy and we should not get a chance to find out what happen. You did not say red, I think your apprach to the unemployment numbers is wrong, instead you call for a lack of conspiricay theriores.

As I have said before, I will not bring a knife to a gun fight, but will bring every wepaon I have to bear.

You seek not to agree or disagree but rather poke at people.

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Red, there are multiple approaches to debating - some are very direct, like agree/disagree, others like discrediting ideas or guilt by association are very roundabout and often can be demonstrated as a logical fallacy.

Difference is, debate is always about ideas. I can say "this is moronic idea", and while poor form it is still debate until it turns into "you are moron because of your ideas". There is a lot of gray areas, but "I can't wait to piss on your grave" is clearly not a debate.

Stick to debating, this is what this forum is for. Avoid abuse, not only it is against the rules, but it also detracts from any opinions you present.

Now, listen. The only reason I am taking time explaining all of this to you is because your unhinged behavior put this forum in danger. You might not see your actions as wrong, but fairly overwhelming consensus is that they are. Enough so, that people question if we should be allowed to have political debate, considering people flying off the rails over it.

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
No you asshole, you spoke of debateing one way, and when showen that you do not in fact debate that way, you run to the gray area. My pissing on your grave has nothing todo with debating and anyone that thinks pissing on your grave is anything more then a desire of my heart is a moron. You dont debate on these forums, you belittle and attack others. Your condesding passages are every bit as abusive and profane, and I will respond to them in kind.

Now listen, your head is so far up your own ass that the only way to talk to you is from an unhinged approach.

Now listen, I dont care if this section of the forums is shut down or not. My response has been to you about you and your disrepect. I will respond as I see fit.

The best thing you can do sini is not to attack me with your worthless drivel. Nor make any post that may infer in anyway as disrespectful to me. Do not confuse me with some one with tact.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I say keep the forum, but people need to govern themselves, and argue with respect. It is OK for people to disagree, but that disagreement should never result in personal attacks and insults. We learn far more about the person doing the insulting than we do about the person being insulted, and you do neither your cause nor your personal reputation any good with such miserable conduct.

If you wish to convince people, be convincing.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I have decided to alter the political forums so that access is required to post.

This is the best way to continue this service and limit those that cannot follow the rules.

I am going to execute this now, and all of you would need to have access granted by an administrator.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Maybe update FAQ so there are no gray areas in interpretation and it very clear what kind of conduct is expected?

[Linked Image]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Specifically - some people got confused by "This forum is considered "ANYTHING GOES"" part and never bothered/were able to understand the rest of it.

[Linked Image]
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Yeah I will do that, that is contradictory and confusing.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard