KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 53 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,036,934 Trump card
1,342,564 Picture Thread
481,172 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Missing in Action - October 2021
Not just 1 chairman, maybe a "security council" like in the highly ineffective U.N. :P

Yeah often small guilds will be a group of RL friends, so together they can actually fight pretty well. 5 guys aren't going to help us destroy 500, but they do contribute sligthly.

That's a good idea though, the protection category, and then the policy-making category.

Thing about the alliance though is I see it as more of a way to defend our community. I didn't see it as a way to make offensives.

You see, say KGB is at war with guild A, our allies B and C are at war with guilds D and E, respectively. If it goes on like that we'd technically be fighting the whole server. For offensive campaigns I would see it as more of a decision of who to war. We invade their territory and then split it up equally. That way our alliance is only fighting a few guilds at once.

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

As far as guilds in the alliance go, obviously our friends need to be chosen carefully. We assuredly do not want guilds that cant/wont pull their own weight. We are not an MMO babysitter service.

By the same token size is not necesarrily an indicator of power/effectiveness. Many successfull alliance do NOT allow small guilds in, it simply dilutes the overall leadership structure,creates to many chiefs, makes it more of a political hassle , etc.

On the other hand, some alliances are comprised largly of smaller guilds. Some are even successfull. Another factor is the level of specialization, highly specialized guilds can be included in otherwise large-guild only alliances. It depends.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
There are plenty of small guilds out there that are great. Alot of the time they are very tight knit groups of players that perhaps are all friends IRL, work well together or have played previous games together etc etc. Some of these small guilds I would rather have in my alliance than many of the large guilds out there.

I agree with derid... size is not an indicator of power/effectiveness. I've said this in another post and I'll say it again here, I've seen small groups WTFOWN larger groups time and again so can we please stop this GD zerg mentality. Yes there are some MMO's out there that are just a #'s game, well find a way to work around out and use it to your advantage.

Also IMO Raek I wouldn't use KGB as the norm, if they arnt as big as us, if they dont do things our way, etc etc etc. I'm sure we have plenty of room for improvement. Another thing you cant just have guilds in an alliance just running around doing whatever they want. Guild A attacks Guild X and X is friendly to B and A and B are in alliance together. Uniform ideas, enemies and friends.

KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
Derid, Hydr, I can see you favor the "fill out in duplicate 5 different forms for the ability to take a shit" alliance type vs the "community" that pulls its own weight and has the freedom to do what it wants that I'm suggesting.

That's cool, we're all welcome to have our own opinions. But this is a game and the fastest way to suck the fun out of a game is to have people controlling your actions. If I was a guild in this UGC and was having problems with a neighboring guild and so wanted to war them but couldn't unless I went through all the official channels getting the "ok" from big brother KGB, then i'd up and leave the UGC and say so long suckers, enjoy your bureaucracy.

At most a guild in the UGC should only have to "listen" to the opinions of the other members. They can choose to ignore it though... and what keeps this in balance? Like I said before, if they go against what guilds we think they should be at war with AND on top of it can't handle taking care of themselves in these wars we don't support... then we kick them out. That's the checks and balances, but only works if the chairmen or whatever leadership committe we have, has the Balls to kick people out.

I should also mention I know of the power small elite groups can provide. I've lead, been part of, benefited from, allied with, saw with my own eyes as a spectator their power. My main message was, guilds should only stay a part of the UGC and have the freedom to do what they want as long as they pull their own weight. Pulling your own weight can be done in many ways, be it by having 500 members and able to win through numbers alone, or be it because your guild has 20 super active well trained pvpers and if even 10 of them are online those 10 guys can pull their weight by killing an enemy group of 50.

"It's not enough to win... others have to lose."
-Stephen Colbert 'Colbert Report'
Hall of Fame record
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Id like to see a UGCommunity form with the possibly of developing into a UGCoalition in the future.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I have no problems with small guilds being part of the alliance, and indeed, the KGB does have a long tradition of defending the little guy. If they intentionally start a fight with the idea that the alliance will back them up, consideration should be given to cutting them loose, but if they are being attacked because they look like low hanging fruit, ready to be plucked, then the fist of the alliance should land hard. Smaller guilds can be unstable, and we have frequently picked up new members from guilds who were formerly under our protection.

We cannot fight the whole world, but we should try to police our own neighborhood.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Quote:

DerThat's cool, we're all welcome to have our own opinions. But this is a game and the fastest way to suck the fun out of a game is to have people controlling your actions. If I was a guild in this UGC and was having problems with a neighboring guild and so wanted to war them but couldn't unless I went through all the official channels getting the "ok" from big brother KGB, then i'd up and leave the UGC and say so long suckers, enjoy your bureaucracy.

This is exactly why every alliance we had in WOW was broke very quickly. We never respected others opinions, if we heard something we did not like, there was no problem breaking our alliance. This sucks, because some of us made friends with other guilds, and because one or two people can make decisions without thinking of the guild, but thinking of their big dream of what KGB is.

I thought KGB was about official channels, what are you talking about?

no no, that's officer chat you're thinking about :P

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
"Derid, Hydr, I can see you favor the "fill out in duplicate 5 different forms for the ability to take a shit" alliance type vs the "community" that pulls its own weight and has the freedom to do what it wants that I'm suggesting."

Hmmm. Noone said anything about bueracracy. Just simply, if you dont even have the same diplomatic standings in an alliance, it wont be effective in a real PvP game. Pretty soon there is drama about who is doing what, whos friends with who... it gets ugly.

If guilds dont want to stay on the same page and work together, the alliance will fail, period. It isnt about asking permission, its about being cohesive. It isnt about filing forms, its about the respective guild leaders and members deciding what to do as an alliance.

What is the benifit of being in an alliance that requires you do go defend someone constantly because they are dumbasses? What if the respective guilds in the alliance can't coordinate defenses because theyre all caught up in their own thing? Its not a chance, its a garuntee unless the alliance works cohesivly.

Honestly your better off just mass recruiting in that scenario. The successfull alliances that hold territory are going to be the ones that work as a group for the common interest. Not the ones with guilds that just do whatever they want, and expect backup when they get in trouble.

Having guilds that communicate, but do whatever they want, is just having friends IMO. Friends can be a good thing to have, but it doesnt need its own name. Having friends is good. Friends are just friendly though, an alliance works together.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Maybe we could ally ourselves to a few established well organized guilds, like we did with CoS in later years of SB, that was easy enough we would meet up for the big fights and do well. We could protect any little guys we wanted, but not include them in the alliance necessarily, there will probably be some conflicts of interest somewhere though. But an alliance for major events should work well enough, especially if we are allied to well organized guilds.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard