KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 45 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,041,451 Trump card
1,343,964 Picture Thread
481,755 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
The problems with voting for a third party candidate is that you only ensure that things you feel are important will never be addressed. In our system of government, majorities are important. Neither party is ideal because people in general are far from ideal. We are, all of us, broken. So, decide which party best matches your values, and vote for EVERY candidate from that party, city, state, and federal.

Divide and conquer applies to politics as well as to war.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Well, I agree with your last line.

My view is however, its time to divide and conquer the GOP. Because we dont really have two parties anymore, the GOP and Dems are the same in all but name... and a handful of socially charged wedge issues that dont really, when it comes down to it, matter in most peoples lives.

If the GOP actually stood for anything other than corruption, I would agree with you. We obviously cannot always get what we want. However, the two major parties have taken the "we can do what we want, because the other guy is just as bad" to the ultimate extreme.

Until enough people start defecting from the main two to start skewing elections on a regular basis (think Greens, Gore in 2000) nothing will change.

As with any monopoly, prices go up and quality goes down. We are paying an extremely high price, for extremely poor quality because so many of us fall into the "I have to vote for someone who can win" trap. Voting for trash, is the same as endorsing trash.

I will vote for someone who I do not agree with 100%, or even 80%, or sometimes even 60%.

I will however no longer vote for human trash, just because the "other guy is even worse". Hopefully enough people stop voting for trash, that we stop getting trash elected officials. Its not gonna be today, and its not going to be tomorrow... can just hope it happens at some point.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: sini

Meanwhile in North Carolina 583 democrats OVER the age of 112 voted!
http://www.examiner.com/article/north-carolina-registers-over-583-democrat-votes-over-the-age-of-112

KGB Champion - Taco Salad
KGB Champion - Taco Salad
If the corporate parties want our vote they will endorse Instant Runoff Voting legislation to get it. The issue is that this makes them vulnerable to actually losing out to real choice, something they are desperate to prevent

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
"Until enough people start defecting from the main two to start skewing elections on a regular basis (think Greens, Gore in 2000) nothing will change. "

Sadly, it won't happen.

An intelligent voter is vastly outnumbered by idiots, non-citizens, and even the dead. ( who all still vote )

I imagine the intelligent voter as a lone palm tree on a beach somewhere, defiantly staring down an incoming tidal wave. Their heart is in the right place, but in the end the tidal wave will win.

One can vote against the accepted standard all we want, but we'll still get crushed by that tidal wave. :|

Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Well, only time will tell. I hope you are wrong, but its obviously something that cant be proven way one or another. All we can do is work to raise the disgust level of people in general via awareness, and provide an alternative.

I think there is some hope. The hope lies in a new and changed messaging. Before, the message was "if enough people do it, we can win!" which while technically true, isnt very emotionally compelling.

With the new message of "your guy WONT win, but it doesnt matter. By voting for the D/R guy you are endorsing an almost unimaginable level of evil and corruption.. its not about winning." I think there might be some traction. Levels of disgust and distrust of the FedGov are rising to heights not seen since the Civil War , and for good reason.

Finding people willing to vote 3rd party in the vain hope of someday winning is a tough proposition. Finding people willing to stop endorsing the status quo, out of sheer disgust without the hope of winning is, psychologically, a much easier proposition.

Time will tell whether it will enough.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang

http://www.examiner.com/article/north-carolina-registers-over-583-democrat-votes-over-the-age-of-112

this just in: obama fucking over the military
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/20...sentee-ballots/

One thing about Romney. at least he doesnt hate america

KGB Darkfall
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: Cheerio
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang

this just in: obama fucking over the military
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/20...sentee-ballots/

One thing about Romney. at least he doesnt hate america

According to the article Obama has not interfered with over seas militray people voting in a timely manner. Nor has he had anything todo against 6 of the 8 swing states since the state sectary are repubs. If this is your smoking gun then it lacks wieght and logic.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard