KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 28 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,038,872 Trump card
1,343,102 Picture Thread
481,487 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Republicans and Democrats!
As many of you know I am a big fan of Frontline from PBS, and they just put together a excellent middle of the road piece on both Romney and Obama. I am sure that those of you on either side will find important stuff you like, and didn't know about both candidates. I don't think it is going to change any minds here, and the best part is that it is not designed to. It does however give you a complete picture of the candidates.

THIS IS THE BEST NON-PARTISAN THING I HAVE SEEN SO FAR IN THIS CONTEST.

I would love to hear only from those who take the time to watch the piece (1 hour 30 minutes) and see if you found it as powerful as I did.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/choice-2012/

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I don't know about in California, but in the rest of the country 1:54:17 is closer to 2 hours than 1.5 :P

But I'm watching it.

Edit

30 minutes in and they've now said the word "polygamy" 15 times or so in reference to Romney's grandfather, but not once have they mentioned that Obama's father was a polygamist.

Not one single mention of Frank Marshall Davis.

Before he was a Mormon Bishop, Romney had never dealt with "real people or real people's lives."

Romney "may see the presidency as the ultimate fulfillment of his faith." No mention of Obama's faith.

Everyone saw Obama as the "savior" as early as his election to the Illinois Senate.

Romney was an "outsider as governor and is still an outsider." Isn't that what Obama claimed to be?

"The uninsured were bankrupting Massachusetts." I'm sure there were absolutely no other issues causing the state to lose money...

"Obama went to Washington believing that his election would cause everyone in Washington to join together to fix the problems." No mention of the fact that his party had majorities in both houses of Congress.

Obama has a grand vision, but lacks the personality to make it happen. He's really just too smart to deal with other people.

"The Tea Party turned Obama into a partisan figure that he wasn't before." HA!

If you truly believe that this report isn't skewed toward Obama, then you and I likely will never agree on anything. It isn't the hatchet job that most of the MSM would have delivered, but it is still bent towards Obama.

Last edited by Kaotic; 10/14/12 05:19 PM.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Thanks!

Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
I don't know about in California, but in the rest of the country 1:54:17 is closer to 2 hours than 1.5 :P

But I'm watching it.

Edit

30 minutes in and they've now said the word "polygamy" 15 times or so in reference to Romney's grandfather, but not once have they mentioned that Obama's father was a polygamist.

Not one single mention of Frank Marshall Davis.

Before he was a Mormon Bishop, Romney had never dealt with "real people or real people's lives."

Romney "may see the presidency as the ultimate fulfillment of his faith." No mention of Obama's faith.

Everyone saw Obama as the "savior" as early as his election to the Illinois Senate.

Romney was an "outsider as governor and is still an outsider." Isn't that what Obama claimed to be?

"The uninsured were bankrupting Massachusetts." I'm sure there were absolutely no other issues causing the state to lose money...

"Obama went to Washington believing that his election would cause everyone in Washington to join together to fix the problems." No mention of the fact that his party had majorities in both houses of Congress.

Obama has a grand vision, but lacks the personality to make it happen. He's really just too smart to deal with other people.

"The Tea Party turned Obama into a partisan figure that he wasn't before." HA!

If you truly believe that this report isn't skewed toward Obama, then you and I likely will never agree on anything. It isn't the hatchet job that most of the MSM would have delivered, but it is still bent towards Obama.

Wow, really? They come down hard on Obama, especially in the closing statement. What about how he promised to bring things together and found out he could not. I think they were kind to Romney. I guess we can agree on one thing. We are not going to agree on anything.

Star Citizen Hanger:
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Its the "Tea Party turned Obama into a partisan figure" thing that bugs me the most.

Has is never occurred to anyone, even Dem partisans.. that maybe just maybe, its not the Tea Party, its not because Obama is black, its not even because of right wing media so much..... as it is that for the first two years Obama basically rubber-stamped everything Pelosi put before him?

That whatever Obama intended or did not intend, when it came to congress Pelosi and Reid steamrolled the opposition in a hyper-partisan manner, and instead of even trying to mediate any middle ground as the bi-partisan uniter he promised to be, Obama just rubber stamped it and went on down the road.

What did he expect?

If he had acted as even a minor check on the excesses of his own party and been even slightly inclusive things could have been a lot different.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: JetStar
They come down hard on Obama, especially in the closing statement. What about how he promised to bring things together and found out he could not.

Not really. And anything said in the closing statement is buffered by all the "he's really got big plans and good intentions and gets blocked at every turn by everyone else" that is prevalent throughout the rest of the video. Nothing is ever his fault... But we know that, because according to him, the buck stops with you.

Last edited by Kaotic; 10/15/12 04:29 AM.

KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid

What did he expect?

I will tell you what he didn't expect - he didn't expect an opposition that set defeating him as a much higher priority than "greater good of the country" or even doing the job they got elected to. Filibuster galore, no-compromise pledges and the likes are not something any other president had to deal to the extent that was put on Obama.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

That was just blowback for how he handled the first two years.

He should have expected it.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I think you are confusing cause and effect.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: sinij
he didn't expect an opposition that set defeating him as a much higher priority than "greater good of the country"
You confusing opposition for opposition's sake and a fundamental disagreement about what the "greater good" actually is.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard