KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 30 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Almalel, Garal
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,357
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 1
Popular Topics(Views)
2,045,083 Trump card
1,344,952 Picture Thread
481,910 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#106119 10/03/12 12:50 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I Am a Job Creator': This Is the Country I Want

Quote:
First, we must preserve the equality of opportunity that makes it possible for any American to dream of success or, at least, to look forward to a better future. We must invest in our educational system, from pre-school programs that help bridge the gap between rich and poor to public universities that train the entrepreneurs of tomorrow. We must fight discrimination in all its forms so that our society can benefit from the talents of all its members. We must ensure equal access to justice for all people, not just those who can afford good lawyers.

Second, we must recognize that not everyone will be financially successful and we must maintain a real safety net for people who need help. A society where the lucky few reap prodigious financial rewards is one where many will fall short of their dreams through no fault of their own. We must insure all people against disability, against sickness, against hunger, and against homelessness.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: sinij

Quote:
First, we must preserve the equality of opportunity that makes it possible for any American to dream of success or, at least, to look forward to a better future. We must invest in our educational system, from pre-school programs that help bridge the gap between rich and poor to public universities that train the entrepreneurs of tomorrow. We must fight discrimination in all its forms so that our society can benefit from the talents of all its members. We must ensure equal access to justice for all people, not just those who can afford good lawyers.

Second, we must recognize that not everyone will be financially successful and we must maintain a real safety net for people who need help. A society where the lucky few reap prodigious financial rewards is one where many will fall short of their dreams through no fault of their own. We must insure all people against disability, against sickness, against hunger, and against homelessness.

The best way to create opportunity is to create jobs. It's no secret the more jobs that are out there, the better opportunity you will have to get one. The last four years the opportunity wasn't there as it has been in the past. It could have been it if weren't for this Administration giving money to South America to drill offshore oil, while ours have remained the same, when more offshore drilling could have came online. Not to mention the big job loss when the Administration decided to not fully back the XL pipeline. Instead money was given to several failed companies in Green Technology that went bankrupt. Again more job losses from those failed ventures.

Want a better education system? Then get rid of the federal education department and let individual states decide what's best for their local population. Instead of a bunch of hot shot Government officials that THINK they know what's best for everyone, when they don't know anything about what's going on at local levels. This is a HUGE flaw, If it weren't a flaw then we wouldn't be placing on the bottom of performance education scores compared to other countries that pay far less money. Also the teachers unions are a big problem as well. Sure teachers should get good pay for what they do, but we also need to remember most barely work 10 months out of the year. The teachers and the students would be far better off if there weren't a teachers union.

We have social nets for people that need them. They are there to HELP, not as a career choice. As far as going after your dreams, are you trying to say you can't go after your dream because someone else went after theirs and made a lot of money? Are you a quitter when things get tough? Seems like you believe when things get tough someone should come bail you out.

You can do whatever you want, if you don't go after your dream that's your problem. It's not because someone else succeeded and you didn't, that's called being a fucking cry baby. People that have went after their dreams and made a lot of money deserve it. If going after your dreams were easy EVERYONE would be rich. But we don't live in fantasy land, we (or most of us) live in the real world.

I would love to hear about any country in history that has wiped out hunger,disability,sickness & homelessness. Please indulge!

Last edited by Wolfgang; 10/03/12 01:53 PM.
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
I would love to hear about any country in history that has wiped out hunger,disability,sickness & homelessness. Please indulge!
I think the closest anyone has come is us. The poorest in our country are still in the richest 1% of the world...

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
I think the closest anyone has come is us. The poorest in our country are still in the richest 1% of the world...

From what I have heard the poorest among us are in the top 30% of the world, got it from NPR, last year during the OWS movemeant.

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Absolute "richest" is meaningless - wealth is a ratio of money in/money out, someone living in a bush in Africa with an access to shaman doctor is richer than unemployed, uninsured person living in the projects in the US.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight

Quote:

Great then come live in America because all that is here.

BTW a poor person in America gets free health care that is a lot safer then a shaman.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Absolute "richest" is meaningless - wealth is a ratio of money in/money out, someone living in a bush in Africa with an access to shaman doctor is richer than unemployed, uninsured person living in the projects in the US.
Are you kidding? How can you possible think that the healthcare available in the U.S. is a basic human right and then say that a shaman is effective healthcare?

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Are you kidding? How can you possible think that the healthcare available in the U.S. is a basic human right and then say that a shaman is effective healthcare?

You forget that thanks to your side, many many many people in the US don't get access to this basic right of healthcare.

A shaman is BETTER than NOTHING that a lot of people in US currently get.

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Have you seen Texas uninsured figures? Something like mid -20%.

I bet they would take even a shaman, if one was available.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

The concept that people have a 'right' to healthcare, is just slavery. Its forced labor and immoral.

You can feel bad for people who lack, you can certainly help them of your own volition. But using violence of govt to force others to provide them with free services simply because its how you would like the world to operate makes you no better than any other slave master.

When bad morals masquerade themselves as "good", that is the true face of evil.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard