KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 58 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Shock
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,033,198 Trump card
1,342,008 Picture Thread
479,923 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#103410 08/20/12 02:09 PM
Prism Offline OP
Missing in Action - October 2021
OP Offline
Missing in Action - October 2021

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

[Linked Image]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I usually don't personally touch such obvious bullshit, but...

Quote:
In 1996, President Clinton and a Republican Congress implemented welfare-to-work requirements. It worked astonishingly well. Welfare caseloads dropped 70 percent.

Metric for "worked" is that caseloads dropped 70 percent. The rest of US population that still identify with humanity acknowledge that it was an unmitigated disaster.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/08/did-welfare-reform-work/244038/

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
The mere fact that you equate the "rest of US population" with the opinion of The Atlantic should be all anyone needs to know.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Yes, The Atlantic, that communist rag.

[Linked Image]
Sini #103442 08/20/12 06:57 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight

I find it amusing how you quickly dismiss anything someone posts that doesn't agree with you based on the claim that their sources are not credible or non-partisan, yet every time you attempt to refute one with a link of your own, its to something that is itself highly partisan. This link is a good example, yet all it does is prove the original post true while later attempting to pass blame on the cause to the previous administration (pretty original, yes?). By speculating on what might have happen had Obama not come to the rescue, they are able to convince themselves that this isn't his fault.

So this works both ways. Until you can find a non-partisan source that refutes this claim, I'm going to have to assume that its correct, especially since your partisan source agrees with me.

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Brutal
yet every time you attempt to refute one with a link of your own, its to something that is itself highly partisan.

Politifact and The Atlantic are partisan? Well, I am afraid with definitions like that only Fox would be "balanced". I am not linking, for example huffington, or any other source that I would consider openly left-leaning. Even if you think my sources are biased, feel free to point out where they are wrong. I am always open to "lets check facts" debate.

In closing - it is intellectual surrender borderline on intentional denial to attempt to dismiss everything I say because it is partisan.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Sinij, in this case I think it was more along the lines of pointing out your own predilection to dismiss/ignore partisan sources while relying on your own that it was to necessarily knock the Atlantic or Politifact.

Oh, and your assertion (that actually is not made in the Atlantic Article) that "The rest of US population that still identify with humanity acknowledge that it was an unmitigated disaster." which was 1) not in the article, and 2) obviously intended to be insulting and demeaning to the people you were discussing the issue with.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
P.S. I actually like Atlantic. Occasionally they have an off article, but no more than anywhere else.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid

Oh, and your assertion (that actually is not made in the Atlantic Article) that "The rest of US population that still identify with humanity acknowledge that it was an unmitigated disaster." which was 1) not in the article, and 2) obviously intended to be insulting and demeaning to the people you were discussing the issue with.

How do you expect me to react when someone seriously suggests that yes, we should just let a bunch of people rot. You do understand that we are discussing people, not some abstract population units?

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard