KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 17 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,358
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 2
Popular Topics(Views)
2,064,975 Trump card
1,350,089 Picture Thread
484,473 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Mithus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
You won!
But I can counter all those last arguments that you said!!!!
But I will not do that, because I already said all things that would be talked about it as you already said all that you have.
For now the majority thinks is fine as it now, but there are several people alerting about the reality, and as the years pass they will choose what path and destiny they will want to have.
That is the way the democracy should work.
If just by hipotheses I had a power to force people to not eat meat, I would not do that, people should have their free will to their choices, but they have to know the possible consequences.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
One thing left out in the discussion is this and this is no research involved just personal observation from some personal friends that have chosen to live this lifestyle.

Vegetarians/vegans need to take pharmaceutical supplements or stack on specific fortified foods in order to maintain proper levels of protein, calcium, iron, vitamin D, B12, and zinc. Within the vegetarian community there are also subgroups such as the "flexetarian" (who consumes dairy and eggs) which the traditional name for is lactoovo vegetarians. You will and are right to do so bring up that certain foods in the vegetarian/vegan diet do offer these but I will use zinc as an example. Zinc is essential to the human body for both a healthy immune system and wound healing. Vegetarians may need up to 50% more zinc intake through the vegetarian diet because zinc is not easily absorbed through plant foods.

So when dealing with supplements we have this simple chain which shows which lifestyle needs more in the way of supplemental health.

vegan > vegetarian > all around diet

Vegans need more supplements than vegetarians and vegetarians in turn need more help and planning than someone that consumes an all around diet.

We can all agree I think that in some cases the meat you get from store bought lines in some cases are unhealthy due to additives and hormones put through the livestock feed in order to make for solid yields. We could have a whole other discussion on the difference between domesticated farm raised animals and their methods and game meats which are hunted from the wild.

Now armed with the knowledge of certain mineral and vitamin deficiencies in the vegetarian/vegan lifestyle I would think that it seems less an ethical or actual health debate than it is a "pick your poison" scenario. If some livestock raised meat is tampered with via hormones and what not are you 100% certain that these supplements that are used by a vast amount of those taking part in the vegetarian/vegan lifestyle are more healthy seeing as how it is just as easy for a person to be consuming additives placed in said supplements?

The rules of humanity are fairly simple. Survive. The number one rule of survival is this...

Food is eat!

Now with our options in this day and age as said earlier it is merely a "pick your poison" scenario. Nothing is 100% correct because every ones needs are different and only an individual can discern what it is that their body needs.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Quote: " But I will not do that, because I already said all things that would be talked about it as you already said all that you have. "

Yeah, I was just summarizing my opinion to give a final contrast on our positions. You are correct to say that niether of us will likely be changing our mind at this point.

It was a fun discussion. Feel free to start another.

Quote: "Now with our options in this day and age as said earlier it is merely a "pick your poison" scenario. Nothing is 100% correct because every ones needs are different and only an individual can discern what it is that their body needs. "

I think this is spot on.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I'm no expert but I have done some reading on this recently. Particularly pertaining to the Paleo Diet. Based on the 3 books I've read our ancestors did in fact eat meat, and a fair amount of it. There are two primary differences between what we eat and what they ate.
1. Much of our meat has been raised with a goal towards building fat content and with herbicides, pesticides, and hormones all in their environment.
2. Our ancestors ate nearly the entire animal, to include bones, intestine, blood, brains, eyes, really just about anything that we throw away today.
One of the books I read made a really big deal out of these "organs and other nasty bits." In particular Dr. Shanahan suggests sticking to what she calls the
Originally Posted By: Dr. Shanahan
Four Pillars:
1. meat on the bone
2. fermented and sprouted foods
3. organs and other “nasty bits”
4. fresh, unadulterated plant and animal products.

Shanahan MD, Catherine (2011-04-22). Deep Nutrition: Why Your Genes Need Traditional Food (Kindle Locations 1935-1936). Big Box Books. Kindle Edition.

I'm much more likely to take the advice of someone who is advocating sensible changes to diet and exercise based on studies done by medical doctors, archeology and paleontology experts and other experts, than I am to take advice from someone who is advocating severe and drastic change based on a small amount of data, confined to a couple of studies. If you want to know what kind of detrimental impact that can have you should do a little research on why we use margarine and vegetable oils, with all of their negative impacts on health, instead of butter and animal fats (look up Ancel Keys). Or, look into the pasteurization of milk, what the process does to molecular bonds of the proteins, and how a snake oil salesman named Charles North propagated a myth about deaths from natural milk.

We didn't start eating meat yesterday. We've been eating it for something like 100,000 years. If you want to find a food that contributes to cancer and other detrimental diseases, you should look at something we only recently (relatively speaking) started eating, like grain. Its also worth mentioning that the bread we eat today is nothing like the bread our ancestors first made from grains, where the grain had to be sprouted in order to get at the good stuff inside. Today we just grind the shit out of it and the casing (nature's little protective coating that keeps animals from eating the grain) and everything gets process together.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Mithus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
so you guys take a look at this teaser, and begin to eat more fiber.. nobody in this video is telling you to give up the all your cocaine..ops sorry the meat..

Last edited by Mithus; 07/24/12 11:25 AM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
What are your thoughts on the Paleo diet?

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Not one person has said "screw you, I don't eat plants. I only eat MEAT" Everyone of us has advocated for more and broader range of dietary intake. Although, watching that clip made me remember something else. Most of the "meat" that Americans eat, isn't. We eat so much processed crap (like that giant hotdog in the clip) that really is full of harmful chemicals, with ridiculously high caloric content and almost no real nutritional value. But that still doesn't mean that I would advocate the government regulating that stuff away, like Mr. Bloomberg is attempting to do in New York with 16oz sodas. If you want to make poor health decisions, that is your choice. If I have to pay a little for some of your medical treatment at the emergency room, then that is the price I'm willing to pay to enjoy my freedom and afford you the opportunity to enjoy yours. However brief it may be.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
I would be ok with regulations...if I was the Emperor.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Did someone say Cocaine? Now all I need is a hookers ass to snort it off of!

Last edited by Wolfgang; 07/24/12 02:31 PM.
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
Did someone say Cocaine? Now all I need is a hookers ass to snort it off of!

I can certainly get behind this.

[Linked Image]
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard