KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 50 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,034,252 Trump card
1,342,149 Picture Thread
480,195 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Mithus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
With all respect, that is specially dedicate to member of KGB and his mother.

Last edited by Mithus; 07/19/12 05:38 PM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Talk about misplaced priorities.

"Knives and forks are weapons of mass destruction" line gave me a good chuckle though. Finally - animalists served up a justification for the Iraq war that would make Karl Rove proud - we certainly found plenty of knives and forks.

Interesting concept that animals arent just other species, they are other nations. Makes me wonder if he does not know the definition of the word nation, or if he has watched Disney's Lion King one to many times.

Also, meat does NOT cause the diseases mentioned. Meat additives and preservatives play a role in poor health, so does modern sedentary lifestyle. But not the meat itself.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Mithus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
- Derid, by the way I've been trying to figure out what makes people try to use Cartesianism and Descartes in the modern world.
"When you have time", and I know today, "Time" is a scarcy thing, please watch this documentary, after the middle I think, if I remember correctly it will nail this old and wrong line of thinking.
The Superior Human?

Second dont fool yourself about meat, while you said I agree putting additives worse the frame itself, this is an interesting article about prostate cancer.

Urological Institute Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions

An Evolutionary Wrong Turn

Quote:
The saga of human evolution is also a story of two male glands, both of which produce fluid that makes up semen. One gland, the prostate, is prone to cancer. The other, the seminal vesicle, is remarkably free of it.

Only mammals have prostates. By definition, only mammals have breasts, as well. Breasts and prostates seem to have evolved on parallel tracks, says Coffey: When some animals evolved into mammals -- in other words, "when the female developed the breast, and fed her children by breast milk, that's when the prostate appeared in the male." Today, breast cancer and prostate cancer seem to be two sides of the same coin, as well: Countries with high rates of breast cancer tend to have a lot of prostate cancer; countries with low rates of prostate cancer have relatively few case of breast cancer. When people migrate from areas with little breast or prostate cancer to places with high rates, their own odds increase with time ".

In nature, animals that are carnivores -- meat-eaters like lions -- don't have seminal vesicles. The only animals that have both prostates and seminal vesicles are herbivores--veggie-eating animals like bulls, apes, and elephants.

We are the huge glaring exception to this rule: Men have seminal vesicles, too. In other words, man, a meat-lover has the makeup of an animal that should be a vegetarian. The fact that men eat meat seem to be a mistake that nature never accounted for. How can this be? In exploring this question, Coffey looked a few rungs further down the evolutionary ladder and found the pigmy chimp, called the bonobo, "the closest ape to which we at distant relative." Bonobos and humans have many things in common. Diet is not one of them: Bonobos are--as humans probably were, very long ago -- vegetarians. They don't get prostate cancer.

"Most apes only eat fruits and vegetables and greens," says Coffey. "When we climbed down out of the trees, we became hunter-gatherers -- but it's only recently that humans started eating and processing meat in a big way. In fact, out of the 4 million years since we split off from the great primates, it's only in the last 600,000 years that we even cooked. All that time, we were eating whatever we could scavenge and catch." About 12,000 years ago, humans took the next big step and started producing their own food. "This was a major change in diet and lifestyle: We changed from the way we had evolved, and started eating more processed meat. We quit running after animals, started herding them, and then started breeding them in captivity. We became sedentary. We quit eating a great variety of fresh vegetables and greens from 3,000 types down to about 20. We started smoking our meat, salting it, putting nitrates on it. Now we get everything from the store, nothing from a farm. We call it fresh, but it's not fresh, especially our meat," which most of us prefer well-done, not raw. "Everything is cooked."

For decades, the American Cancer Society and National Cancer Institute have urged Americans to lower their cancer risk by changing their diet: "Cut down the animal fats, cut down the dairy products," says Coffey. "We were not big dairy people until 3,000 years ago; now, we put cheese on everything that moves. A few apes eat meat, but no ape ever cooked or put cheese on anything. We need more fiber, more fresh fruits and vegetables, more aerobic exercise. All of our experience in cancer prevention is telling us to return to the way we evolved."

Last edited by Mithus; 07/20/12 02:59 AM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Actually wouldnt having both be evidence that we are omnivores?

Also he is using the term sedentary differently than it is commonly used, he means we stopped migrating so much. Today when people talk about sedentary lifestyles, they are talking about people who sit at a desk all day.

It is true that many people eat *too much* meat... in large part because they *just plain eat too much*. Again, not the fault of meat itself.

If people want to advocate a generally sensible diet for the purpose of promoting health, I think that makes sense. If people want to avoid meat because of all the processing and additives that are difficult to avoid I think that also makes sense.

What does not make ANY sense to me, and I find downright frightening are the twisted moral arguments.

These people would have the human race abandon its humanity, and live as slaves to our environment as opposed to masters of our environment. They would have us abandon the whole "Will to Power" that has spurred us to improve our lot in the universe, an endeavor we have thus far proven ourselves to be adept at.

By the same logic these folks attempt to employ to argue against meat, we must also cease building houses and roads because it may harm animals, cease types of farming that might hurt an animal, cease most aspects of modern life that directly or inderectly may result in animal death... and go back to wandering around picking fruit.

The reason I find the line af argument made by these people so abhorrent, is because I consider the possibility that it might someday catch on with the general populace an existential threat to humanity itself. It is the intellectual seed of self destruction, and indeed many if not most of the radicals who hold these views do in fact wish to see humanity destroyed by their own admittence.

Many people view the animalists as moral, but unrealistic. I am not one of those.

I view them as one of the most immoral groups on the planet, with possibly the most immoral philosophy in mainstream Western thinking. Animal rights is not the biggest moral battle since the end of human slavery in the West, as they would put it. Animalism is however, possibly the greatest threat to human well-being since Communism.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
He makes some pretty wildly unsubstantiated claims while quoting the Matrix. I'm sold...

So we should kill all the carnivores on the planet to save the precious lives of the animals that are mercilessly stalked and slaughtered?

I couldn't make it past "the axis of evil runs through our dining tables."

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Mithus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
First this short 3 minutes video from Dr. Mcdougalll goes to any old age KGB(Vuldan,Jets,Prism) that are entering an old age :)

Quote:
Actually wouldnt having both be evidence that we are omnivores?

I think our definition of omnivore is a little twisted, try to eat crude meat. Are you sure that have we evolutionary time do adapt our digestive system, NOT to just no survive eating meat, but to “THRIVE” on this diet, It's not some scientists and doctors think, we do not had enough evolutionary(50.000 years) time adapt to this diet after the discover of fire, that made meat most edible to us, so we are affected by all those diseases of affluence. This cancer prostate article makes all sense, there is no carnivore that dies from prostate cancer, we have a similar digestive system to herbivores, vesicle seminal together with prostate are only found in herbivores. While you can eat and tolerate from time to time some “meat”, by eating it weekly or daily and if you have the genetics, what most of people in the world have, they will develop breast(woman) and prostate cancer when they get older and they cannot tolerate this daily damage to their health. This is not me saying, are the evidences.

Quote:
What does not make ANY sense to me, and I find downright frightening are the twisted moral arguments.

Yeah, Philip Wollen the vice-president of Citybank(the speecher) and 600 million people around the world have this twisted moral arguments, and it's not a question of those wanting forcing their views or beliefs on the others, is a question of health, economy and environment.

Quote:
These people would have the human race abandon its humanity, and live as slaves to our environment as opposed to masters of our environment. They would have us abandon the whole "Will to Power" that has spurred us to improve our lot in the universe, an endeavor we have thus far proven ourselves to be adept at.

Are you saying the we are going backward? It's the oposite, changing the diet to vegetarian diet, we can feed almost ten times more people, going fifty or hundred years ahead how do you think you can have sustainability to feed the double population that will come.

Quote:
By the same logic these folks attempt to employ to argue against meat, we must also cease building houses and roads because it may harm animals, cease types of farming that might hurt an animal, cease most aspects of modern life that directly or inderectly may result in animal death... and go back to wandering around picking fruit.

Again we are going forward sustainability. I do not know where do you get those ideas from, but human race thrived on rice,potatoes,wheat,barley and etc... Great civilizations were born because the bulk of the population were feed with “STARCH” and NOT MEAT, meat was something relegated to the elite, to the nobles and Kings, no way a common citizen could eat meat more than once a month.

Quote:
The reason I find the line af argument made by these people so abhorrent, is because I consider the possibility that it might someday catch on with the general populace an existential threat to humanity itself. It is the intellectual seed of self destruction, and indeed many if not most of the radicals who hold these views do in fact wish to see humanity destroyed by their own admittence.

As I already argument points on the quotes above I have three sentences for you my friend, and I think we still on the ridicularization step:

All truth passes through three stages.
First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788 – 1860)

To Kaotic

Quote:
So we should kill all the carnivores on the planet to save the precious lives of the animals that are mercilessly stalked and slaughtered?

As sense irony here, so I will answer with the same irony..
No we just wait for them to die of heart attack and cancer, and other diseases of affluence..
Because you have to be really stupid to not believe that the most diseases are caused by an abhorrent diet, and most doctors are now more concerned with selling the drugs and make expensive heart cirurgies that will not help the pacient at all that actually cure the patient.
But the bad part, it's take 50,60,70 years to that happen.. and eventually that will increase the cost of the society expend on health care, those limited resources would be better spent on other society affairs.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
[edit]

Last edited by Ictinike; 07/20/12 01:22 PM.

Mithus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council

Last edited by Mithus; 07/20/12 02:04 PM.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
[edit]

Last edited by Ictinike; 07/20/12 01:20 PM.

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Yes, I would say you are going backwards Mithus.

As to your efficiency/sustainability claim, if it turns out to be true - in the future when it becomes a real issue, the price of meat will rise and the price of plants fall in relative terms and the market will work it out on its own with no twisted morals needed.

As for omnivore and your crude meat argument - I eat sushi and sashimi all the time thanks. So do over a billion people.

As to your health claim... sorry, no history of prostate or breast cancer in my family yet especially on my mom's side - who lived rural appalachian lives - lived off of meat. Because in many areas and conditions your claims about greater efficiency are actually bunk. Your sources highlight what suits their argument, and ignore anything that does not. I recommend doing independent research on the systems involved if you want to try and make a valid case. Also... live expectency overall has risen, and meat eating cultures have the highest life expecencies in the world. In other words, even if what you said was true- people still die around the same age, just maybe of something else.

Regarding cooking meat again... here is another example of one of those big holes in the research of the animalists. First, people also often cook veggies..... bread, corn, potatoes etc... guess what........ ALL TYPICALLY COOKED. Second, cooking in general helps cleanse pathogens whether it is meat or otherwise. Third, look up some of the studies Cornell has done regarding herbs and spices. Some interesting facts - even forgetting pathogens, the toxins inherent in eating cooked meat are actually nuetralized by cooking them with the proper herbs and spices. The reason we evolved a taste for herbs and spices, is in fact because people who eat them get material health benefits, especially when it comes to preparing meat. We evolved a taste for entire categories of flora... *mostly for the purpose of better eating meat*

Now.. as to your quote from Shoepenhauer - completely moot in this case. Communists and Nazis also used the same quote. Luckily, communism and nazism are not now accepted as self-evident.

I think it is worth noting, that trying to take up the rhetorical trappings of true moral crusades like civil rights does *not* make your cause a true moral crusade, or even moral, simply because you try to borrow the lingo.

A rose is still a rose no matter what you call it, and a turd is still a turd even if it is polished and perfumed.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard