Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Don't believe everything you see on the interwebs...

Man, I do not know if this has sense in english, but I have "critical self sense" and common sense. I know that monopoly or oligopoly in any area is bad(software,industry,farm and etcs), that is what is also what the video is showing if you can see it all(especially the problem about the seeds).

Industry soybean(and corn) only benefict a few, at cost of hundres of hectares of amazonia forest. You do not have an idea how many forest lands(in the amazonia) are being devasted in Brazil to produce soyvbean to export to feed cow and chicken.

The problem of food industry is complex, that branches to enviromental problems and social problems.

I have a bachelor in computer sciency, and now I´m taking again bachelor in Law school(I had it stopped a few years ago). By surprise the college put in the grade enviromental problems as a obrigatory course and I was obligate to do some research on the enviromental problem of single growing cultures(like soybeana and corn).

You maybe do not get that the lobby of a few industries impacts what you eat, and impacts how the man is transforming the planet in one way that has not comeback. If you and more people think that documentary is somehow oriented, of course, it is, but you need to extract what the message that they are trying to pass.

Last edited by Mithus; 05/18/11 12:59 PM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]