Originally Posted By: Hare
I haven't macro'd weapon skill or defense. All of my skill ups have come in pvp or pve with the exception of 1 pt that I macro'd from 74-75.
If you are getting killed at a mob spawn you are farming you need to duo or find more to take with you.
We have people fresh into DFO that come to our highest lvl pve camps and make bank - someone joked their entire in-game net worth doubled with one split in a clan pve group.
These kgbers are not "geared" and do not have weeks of macro time in they are 2-3 days into the game.
Not to be critical of the poster but anyone who thinks they can come in DFO and solo their way is going to be somewhat disappointed that they are constantly owned out by themselves.
Even if you are out chopping wood - group up for common defense and stay near others so they know where you are and can help.
Tasho/Jaguar is going to be coordinating resource and farming groups as soon as his pc is put together - join his groups when you can.
I can also say people who are thriving in DFO and progressing well seem to be active in clan groups.
I wonder what the normal play time is for the poster?
See me in game I can help with some basic gear and can get you started in more successful farming areas.
Hang in there Keemosabi.

Well the poster can only play a couple of hours at a time because he has a girlfriend who doesn't really like him playing computer games frown

I probably play 10-12 hours a week, which I know isn't nearly as much as others in the guild. I also generally get on for 3-4 hours at a time when I do play (because gf is working)

My problem is that I can solo well enough at goblins/bone knights/skeleton's by myself, but as soon as I really get into a groove, a group of 2-3 people comes and either runs me off, or they just poach all the kills and steal all the loot while I'm fighting mobs.

My weapon skill is only at 12-13 for polearm and around 18 for swords because of this.

My point was that in pretty much every other MMORPG, I've been able to just slowly get up to max level by myself or with small groups along the way, and it's been easy to contribute to the guild while doing this... DFO just doesn't allow someone to do that, you pretty much need to group up with a couple of people at all times if you want to make any real progress. More of a warning to new players then anything else.