The whole stigma attached to being competative numbers wise, never made sense to be honest. Especially in mid-sb, where there was so much nutcupping and alliances, being a larger guild was almost a requirement rather than a choice.

The WB promo sounds almost word-for-word the same crap I heard from Crime Syndicate and Widowmakers when I joined them mid-sb; "We want to be a small guild of elite players, and grief everyone," when in reality it's just a guise they have because all they really want is to cling to their false sense of eliteism, not that i'm saying WB is like this, cause I don't know them, but others like them were.

Shadowbane, at least to me, really did separate the men from the boys; but the so-called "skills" associated with the game were just templates and focus fire.

I like how, when people talk about their revisionist Shadowbane history, they tend to forget that Shadowbane had the most clunkist character and gear system in the history of MMORPGS. Sure, I was able to get it, but I would bet that during its heyday, the majority of the community didn't fully understand the basics of character building, template building and how to get proper equipment. And these guilds won because they understood that and others didn't.

Last edited by Syloc; 01/14/09 10:48 AM.

Former KGB Member