Quote:

lol Jet, it's funny. The Warhammer Guild I rolled with had a LOT of drama and guild politics as guilds tried to absorb one another, and when i said that it was actually fun to deal with guild politics, people didn't believe me. hehe

I guess that's how Shadobane corrupts you, guild drama actually gets fun.

As for MMOs, the only real way I see myself to stop playing MMOs, is if real life time constraints don't allow me the opportunity to play.

If darkfall goes through the cracks, the next MMO i'd be waiting for is Stray Bullet Game's next MMO (the new company from the makers of Shadowbane).

It's an addiction, I know. hehe

Although I think it would be a mistake to linger on the memories about Ultima Online, especially since we'll see a lot of the same ideas, and game mechanics in Darkfall. Fact is, nothing will ever compare to Ultima Online in terms of gameplay, freedom and player base. In fact, it wasn't only the game itself that made it great, it was the fact that nothing really came before it. (Meridian 59 and MUDs are the exception) UO was great because it was a lot of people's first GREAT MMO. Not to mention, the community didn't have any expectations besides playing the game, cause they had nothing to compare it to.

UO was a good time, but if your coming into darkfall with the mindset that it has to mimic the things that happened in UO, then nothing in Darkfall will ever satisfy you.

Like many things in life, one has to adapt or die. My plan ... lower my expectations, expect a lot of bugs, and embrace guild politics once again. I can deal with sb.exe-like bugs, if it has the same power struggles, falling empires and general badassery that SB showed me.

Good times.

Hey Syloc, as you can see from the Ranker Thread, and the KGB News Archives, I have been doing WOrld Politics since 1997 :-) and loving it.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter