I am writing in response to the employment opportunities posted in the Fresno Bee last Sunday. The General Office and the Administrative Assistant positions both piqued my interest. I am an outgoing individual with outstanding computer and people skills. Working in a number of prior employment positions has taught me important organizational and time management skills. I take great pride in my consistent efficiency level, especially when working with computers. I am proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as a number of other computer programs such as Macromedia Flash and Adobe Photoshop.

In addition to being highly motivated I also have customer service experience, and can type 90 words per minute with great accuracy. The only thing greater than my passion for computers is my love of working as a team to accomplish a goal.

I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you with regard to joining your team and would welcome an interview for either position. I may be contacted at -1234567- or at -asdfasdfasdf.com-. Thank you for accepting and considering my application.

I would add something about people skills Haraa because both positions require customer service and if I were hiring you that's what I'd also like to see. Computer skills while important aren't as important as people skills. Computer skills can be taught and learned relatively quickly while people skills cannot. Don't be afraid to talk about your outgoing, friendly nature. Grif is right about not increasing the font or screwing with your borders or any such stuff -- filler looks like shit on resumes and covers. I took out the words "slew" because it borders on slang, "overjoyed" because it sounds fake (regardless of whether it is or not) and add on words like "great, very" etc. (they suck in essays and they suck in resumes too). I also took out "fast-paced individual" because I had no idea what the hell you meant by that statement and you don't want to have to explain it in a cover letter. Anyways hope it helps or makes sense. It's 4:00 am and I just woke up, but I think my mind is awake.

Good luck.
L

Last edited by Lyx; 01/07/06 02:38 AM.