Yeah, whenever I come across them I have to think for a second and say to myself something stupid like "the effects of Katrina affected New Orleans."

Well Daye, it's like they say, whenever you're being out-flamed in a forum and you have no counterpoint, you can always correct the other person's grammar :P My next course of action had that WW3/Nuclear Weapons thread continued was to start capitalizing and punctuating Derid's posts or something :P

And yeah, I hear you on the alright and such, Crim. I was surprised that alright wasn't supposed to be a word, but while looking for a website with a nice comprehensive list (and a short link, I was originally led by google to a version of this site with approximately a billion characters :P) I read that ... I think it was "all right" was used in the renaissance, then disappeared for a few hundred years until the early 1900s, and about 75 years later it was shortened to "alright." At first scholars vehemently opposed it, but eventually like you said it found its way into college texts and the business environments and such, and nowadays it's pretty well-accepted.

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]