Was researching ways to turn my PC Monitor (yah, still using a Viewsonic P95f+ VGA flatscreen - non-LCD) into a TV screen or more importantly, a viewing station between my computer and my PS3. Reason being, I wanted to save money rather than going out right away and buying a $300-500 LCD-TV deal.

I found a couple ways to do it, but was wondering if anyone else out there has found cheap ways to do it. The cheapest method I found was going to still cost me $70 or so from best buy. I would have to buy a connector that connected to my PC video card (ATI Radeon X850 Pro) and on the other end of the cord had a HDMI connector to plug into my PS3. In order to get sound, I would then use a couple links (forgot names) and an adapter cable to hook up my composite cables (red+white) from PS3 to subwoofer that my computer speakers are connected to.

It's less complicated than it sounds, but if someone knew of a cheap game-switch type box out there that could do this better, and had options between VGA, DMI, HDMI, etc (so it wouldn't be outdated when I eventually bought an LCD down the road) I'd appreciate any info you could give. Thanks in advance...

(yes, posted this elsewhere, but wanted more people to see this, so reposted here).

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]