Quote:

But other studies find no connection between cooking methods, meat doneness and cancer risk. A 1999 study of nearly 33,000 women in the Nurses' Health Study in Massachusetts found no increase in breast cancer risk related to meat cooking habits. A study of 800 New Zealand men found barely any connection between meat doneness preferences and prostate cancer.

"The existing literature is quite inconsistent, but I think it is reasonable to say that if there were large risks due to the cooking methods, we would have seen them by now," says Dr. Walter Willett, Fredrick John Stare professor of epidemiology and nutrition at the Harvard School of Public Health.

Roger Clemens, a spokesman for the Institute of Food Technologists and professor of molecular pharmacology and toxicology at USC, says he is similarly unconvinced. "All foods contain a variety of naturally occurring toxins. The dose in which we consume them is so small that they don't really have an impact on our health," he says.

But Dr. Zei Wheng, director of the Vanderbilt University epidemiology center, who has been studying the link between meat doneness and breast cancer for the last decade, doesn't agree. He believes that the risks are hard to detect in human studies because of nuances of genetics.

Aren't Genetics a bitch? The man, in trying to prove that something is actually bad in cooking red meat, actually disproves himself by merely mentioning one word: Genetics. Yes, your very makeup provides the most potential for what may happen to your innards; and in many cases, regardless of your environment, and/or, made to appear because of the environment based on the potential provided by your genetics.

End Result: It doesn't fucking matter. Just avoid the obvious bad choices such as hydrogenated oil, etc, and exercise regularly to give your heart a reason to keep pumping effectively. If you get cancer, chances are; it's in your family history. Everything will give you cancer if you're a cancer-prone individual. Live it up or Live in fear - go ahead and try eating only vegetables and legumes the rest of your life, while I do some cardio, pump some iron and dine on a healthy portion of well done top sirloin or round steak until I'm 110. The end.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]