Quote:

To me, something like FURY may as well be Counter Strike, and anything that have levels may as well be WoW. I don't want to PVP for all of my gear, I'd rather go through the age old process of buy low, sell high, buy resources, and have a guild crafter bolt a few sheets of steel together for me so I can go do whatever it is I'm going to do -- be it burn a city or slay a 'young pup'.

I like me gear generic and easy(ish) to get, and when I die, I expect to lose it all.

What I want in a game is what Darkfall seems to offer, almost flawlessly: the "grind" from old school UO and the empire building concept first presented to us in Shadowbane. I expect friendly fire to always be something to worry about, and the FPS style controls promised to us with Darkfall is just a nice little kicker. So yeah, it is Darkfall for me -- and if it's a total disappointment I'll probably just donate my body to some crazy scientist in Eastern Europe somewhere...

That's the point: FURY is like counterstrike...actually better - like BF2, where as you kill people in PVP you gain rank/skill points that you can place in areas to give your character new abilities. You can also dump your abilities before every battle and place them elsewhere to fit what you want to do. Melee one battle, and maybe, if it's there; magic the next. Yah, there's no real grind for gear, which I love, because I'm a faithful proponent for Player Skill > Character Skill > Gear.

DFO looks like a hybrid between Shadowbane and a more FPS type movement game, which looks great. AOC isn't going to be as "Grinding" mentality as VG or EQ - Because there's actually something to do end game besides kill bosses to get gear to kill better bosses: Seige cities and conquer enemies, Conan style.

FURY just seems like a breath of fresh air for me. I can log in for 30 min and get all the PVP I can handle, then log out and go about my day. It's the end game, with earned modifications as you go. Hard to beat for someone that can give a shit about having to excessively grind levels, grind crafting, etc to get superficial gear. It's the game for people that only have 5-10 hours a week to play. It's a must for every game lover at times in their life where their nose is to the grindstone all day, and don't have a lot of time for absorbing games.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]