The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 06/26/07 09:17 PM
Posted By: Garal Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 06/26/07 09:18 PM
I voted for undecided since I'm not sure how busy I'll be at that time. If I do end up playing it'll probably be pretty casually.. maybe 5-10 hours a week.
Posted By: JetStar Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 06/26/07 09:21 PM
I hope that everyone takes the time to respond to this. I need to gauge our partisipation. Personally I am very excited. It is not the perfect game, but will offer many of the things that KGB needs to succeed like PvP and Siege mechanics, which offers a real end game for us.

Please take time to read about the game in the AOC forum if you havent already and I look forward to your answers.
Posted By: JetStar Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 06/26/07 09:22 PM
Quote:

I voted for undecided since I'm not sure how busy I'll be at that time. If I do end up playing it'll probably be pretty casually.. maybe 5-10 hours a week.

TROLL! you beat me to my own response in my own thread!
I voteded undeceided, only due to the timing.
That would pretty much begins just around mid-terms of my final semester. Then it is followed by 5 more weeks of classes, finals, and graduation. Other then all of that, I have a big interest in AoC.

I will definately be up for giving it a shot come the end of December/beginning of January, however that would all depend on the remaining KGB prescence there at that time.

If I do decide to purchase it from the start then I will most likely only play a very limited time until after finals, so if someone else wanted to try the game at that time I would gladly make my account open to them.
Posted By: ltima Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 06/26/07 10:20 PM
i will be as soon as i get a new vid card :P
Posted By: Fleeting Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 06/26/07 10:37 PM
Yes definatly, in a big way too hopefully, couple of accounts, would like to play a large part in building our city.

The only reason I wouldn't be is if Darkfall beta was to come out around the same time then I'm not sure what I'd do, but I guess many would feel that way and we'd have to decide as a guild what our preferance was.

Enjoyed playing with everyone in Vanguard again, hopefully age of conan will suit our needs better and we can make a large presence for a long time to come.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 06/27/07 01:09 AM
I voted...Yes? Surprised?
Posted By: Owain Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 06/27/07 01:10 AM
Oh, Hell, Yeah!!

Posted By: Valentein Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 06/27/07 01:40 AM
I voted undecided.

Probably yes, but I'm planning on working, taking my last required course and two research projects this fall. I might be too busy to go hardcore in any game.
Posted By: Daye Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 06/27/07 01:57 AM
Undecided unless it shows me something that is just jaw dropping omg-I-gotta-go-buy-this-today kind of amazing.

Personally ? I would say wait a month and see how it's going.
Nothing like launch time lag / crashes / issues that are practically the standard anymore. . . :|
Posted By: Daye Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 06/27/07 02:12 AM
It was a rant of sorts, so I wiped it.

-Daye
Posted By: Daye Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 06/27/07 02:26 AM
It looks like initially, we're looking at consensual pvp unless they decide enough want it and they will dedicate a
server to it.

City building and what not. Going to see the o-dark thirty bashing ala ShadowBane once again I think.

Not sure how well I like the idea of your l33t mousing skills determining your slashing ability and whatnot. If
that's the case, I'm gonna whip out my graphics tablet and
go to town. Related issue is a macro program that simply mimics mouse movement and owns anyone it comes up against.

We will see no fewer than ONE BILLION rogues opening day.
You heard it here first !

Has anyone been in the beta? Need some in game opinions
on this asap.
Posted By: Slinger Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 06/27/07 04:58 AM
I wish there was a "Uhhh, Yeah, I guess." option, as I'm not super excited about another leveling game (level grind is so gross, I don't give a shit how they handle PVP between players of different level, I want to stab myself in the eye with a plastic picnic spoon every time I see an XP bar!), but I love to play with you guys, so you know I'll be there until Darkfall releases!
Posted By: Crimthan Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 06/27/07 05:25 AM
You didn't seem to like the idea of FURY, with no grind whatsoever, and PVP; yet you also don't like a game such as AOC with leveling...is it DFO for you then? Otherwise, wtf is it you want? lol...
Posted By: Slinger Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 06/27/07 05:40 AM
To me, something like FURY may as well be Counter Strike, and anything that have levels may as well be WoW. I don't want to PVP for all of my gear, I'd rather go through the age old process of buy low, sell high, buy resources, and have a guild crafter bolt a few sheets of steel together for me so I can go do whatever it is I'm going to do -- be it burn a city or slay a 'young pup'.

I like me gear generic and easy(ish) to get, and when I die, I expect to lose it all.

What I want in a game is what Darkfall seems to offer, almost flawlessly: the "grind" from old school UO and the empire building concept first presented to us in Shadowbane. I expect friendly fire to always be something to worry about, and the FPS style controls promised to us with Darkfall is just a nice little kicker. So yeah, it is Darkfall for me -- and if it's a total disappointment I'll probably just donate my body to some crazy scientist in Eastern Europe somewhere...
Quote:

same here
Posted By: Crimthan Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 06/27/07 01:39 PM
Quote:

To me, something like FURY may as well be Counter Strike, and anything that have levels may as well be WoW. I don't want to PVP for all of my gear, I'd rather go through the age old process of buy low, sell high, buy resources, and have a guild crafter bolt a few sheets of steel together for me so I can go do whatever it is I'm going to do -- be it burn a city or slay a 'young pup'.

I like me gear generic and easy(ish) to get, and when I die, I expect to lose it all.

What I want in a game is what Darkfall seems to offer, almost flawlessly: the "grind" from old school UO and the empire building concept first presented to us in Shadowbane. I expect friendly fire to always be something to worry about, and the FPS style controls promised to us with Darkfall is just a nice little kicker. So yeah, it is Darkfall for me -- and if it's a total disappointment I'll probably just donate my body to some crazy scientist in Eastern Europe somewhere...

That's the point: FURY is like counterstrike...actually better - like BF2, where as you kill people in PVP you gain rank/skill points that you can place in areas to give your character new abilities. You can also dump your abilities before every battle and place them elsewhere to fit what you want to do. Melee one battle, and maybe, if it's there; magic the next. Yah, there's no real grind for gear, which I love, because I'm a faithful proponent for Player Skill > Character Skill > Gear.

DFO looks like a hybrid between Shadowbane and a more FPS type movement game, which looks great. AOC isn't going to be as "Grinding" mentality as VG or EQ - Because there's actually something to do end game besides kill bosses to get gear to kill better bosses: Seige cities and conquer enemies, Conan style.

FURY just seems like a breath of fresh air for me. I can log in for 30 min and get all the PVP I can handle, then log out and go about my day. It's the end game, with earned modifications as you go. Hard to beat for someone that can give a shit about having to excessively grind levels, grind crafting, etc to get superficial gear. It's the game for people that only have 5-10 hours a week to play. It's a must for every game lover at times in their life where their nose is to the grindstone all day, and don't have a lot of time for absorbing games.
Posted By: hydr Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 06/27/07 08:49 PM
Proud to say that I am the single No vote!

No yarrrbbq'ing in this game, pffft!
Posted By: JaconClay Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 06/27/07 09:29 PM
unsure, still waiting for my gaming rig back...
Posted By: Fleeting Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 06/27/07 09:38 PM
Got my gaming rig back today

They replaced the motherboard, the water pump, the cooling block on the processor, the raptor and the ram. Hehe nothing like having no idea what was causing the problem. Seems to be running great now (only had it running about 10 hours) though fingers crossed.
Posted By: Daye Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 06/28/07 12:57 AM
" I want to stab myself in the eye with a plastic picnic spoon every time I see an XP bar! "

ROFL
Posted By: Valentein Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 06/28/07 04:37 AM
I don't mind xp bars. I just don't like games that are a race to max out and with nothing interesting to do once you get there.

I really did like the Shadowbane model. . .
Posted By: Seaelf Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 06/28/07 09:40 AM
yea shadowbane model !!
Posted By: Heidi Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 06/28/07 12:53 PM
I voted no, I'm old and crotchety and don't like new things. If characters can wear something more appealing than loincloth I might give it a try.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 06/28/07 12:55 PM
Apparently you haven't looked at the class sketches, etc. Also, how old is old and Crotchety? I'm 31 and am always ready for a new, better game.
Posted By: Daye Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 06/28/07 05:05 PM
LOL

Pictures Mass PvP in SecondLife. Bling and all
Posted By: Vipir Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 06/29/07 12:31 AM
I voted yes. Mainly because its the best thing comming up that offers alot of what i want in a pvp game. I would prefer DF but not holding my breath on that one.

As far as the cloathing, could care less - pvp is what im going to the game for. With keep takes and the fact we can build our own, along with boss mobs and pvp dungons it has some end game content.

I think the fact there arent elfs, gnomes, and every other kind of mythical race will be a turn off to alot of people. But thats what im hopeing for. Means the people who do play are there for pvp, or like Jetstar there to see the naked npcs.

I also think it will be good for alot of guilds who havent been in a real ffa pvp game in a while. They can work on tactics and shake off some of the rust for when DF realy does make it to beta.

Warhammer is comming up next year as well, but its rvr and if Conan isnt all it says it is then thats an option. Mythic is a great company, i just dont want another wow or daoc.
Posted By: Aviendha Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 07/03/07 03:49 PM
It depends on whether or not both Rhavin and I have new computers. Ours are currently running on gerbil power supply.
Posted By: Seaelf Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 07/03/07 10:04 PM
hope you and geraal play, haven't been in game with you all for too long, I remember one fourth of July we were all at Lizard Kings in SB !! (Daye was probably scouting the area )
Posted By: Daye Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 07/03/07 11:29 PM
Daye was ALWAYS scouting the !@#$! area lol

Avi- You and Rhav finally give up on WoW ?
"Advance through 80 experience levels of adventure"

Pretty much the only reason I chose undecided. Gonna take me months to finish my character and I will probably be bored or have moved on to another game by that point.
Posted By: Zhou Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 07/09/07 11:52 PM
I'm undecided if i will join the game or not i started vanguard and it slowly died out not as much people playing anymore. It is hard to committ a whole lot of time depending on the schedule that i'm running on atm. hard to keep lvlin on new games all the time.
Posted By: Leverett Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 07/19/07 04:30 PM
I'm in, I will be busy with work but not to the point I can't play. Anyway been too long since I played with my comrades
Posted By: Raekwon Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 07/20/07 01:48 PM
Crim I don't know what you're talking about. AoC isn't available on a military base overseas

Actually that's a lie but it requires paying $100 a month for internet and a base that even offers the service.
Posted By: Seaelf Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 08/07/07 12:48 AM
For 60% of people on the poll voting yes, most that made a post are undecided, who voted yes ?
Posted By: Aviendha Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 08/08/07 12:22 PM
Quote:

Daye was ALWAYS scouting the !@#$! area lol

Avi- You and Rhav finally give up on WoW ?

Not entirely. I've lost interest only because my computer is so crappy now. Rhavin still plays a bit. My job keeps me very busy and on top of that I have to play the "Mommy" role as soon as I get home until the little nipper goes to bed. Then after that I'm usually wiped out.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: AGE OF CONAN release announcement poll - 08/23/07 07:31 AM
Quote:

Apparently you haven't looked at the class sketches, etc. Also, how old is old and Crotchety? I'm 31 and am always ready for a new, better game.

I voted yes, and may at that time even go so far as to actually apply with KGB, that is if you haven't kicked out my potential sponsor by that time. He's old and grouchy but I've never known Crimthan to be any other way. When most people would have told him to piss off, I always accepted his charming ways lol
© The KGB Oracle