What they did is not surprising, but it is inadequate, as have been all of their responses to the external problems that plague the game. All of your examples are also examples of mismanagement and incompetency. It may be status quo but it's not something players should accept quietly. Players are justified in expecting an MMO to be available daily and for any in-game, timed events to be unaffected by downtime. It is only through incompetency that these expectations are not met. I am speaking as a developer here. Trion recognizes their own incompetency at least, "we don’t meet the high standards we set for ourselves."

As for me, anything that would have prevented me from getting to log in for 2 days after I expected to be back would have been a much larger issue than some pixels on a screen. I left in the middle of a land grab and a high rate for tax certs, unlike others I have not pulled out the credit card to pay for Farmville so that extra expense was in my mind a more probable risk than ending up in the hospital or the game being unavailable for 2 days straight.

Last edited by rhaikh; 12/05/14 12:47 PM.

[Linked Image]