I thought Everquest Next was going to be my next big MMORPG but...... the more I see where they are taking it the more Id rather just play the original Everquest. They seem so focused on this building aspect that I worry the actual game is going to be a GW2 with a building twist. If I wanted to build shit I'd play Kerbal Space Program or something. I don't understand this huge focus on building stuff. I foresee walking through the landscape and seeing 100s of huge brick dicks all over the place because some kid got bored.

They should be boosting about gameplay,lore and most of all raids....My best MMORPG experiences were large scale Everquest Raids.

With that said.....I heard its suppose to be free to play and the little bit of game play I have seen looks awesome. If they can deliver on end game PvE raids like the Everquest games before it and not spoon feed you like GW2 did then it will be worth playing. In my opinion the original Everquest is still way better than 90% of the MMORPGS being released today.

I doubt it will have the non carebear PvP system that so many of our hardcore members require in a game. So I think it will be difficult to get a large portion of the guild to play Everquest Next. Its going to be PvE focused like all the ones before it since that's what they excel at. Thats not to say we cant get a faction off the ground if it turns into a good game.

The Repopulation looks promising though

Last edited by Sethan; 01/14/14 07:41 PM.