Originally Posted By: Purgatory
I never get this hate for P2W. Who cares if people can get things in game for money. Some people suck, some people don't have as much time to grind the needed thing, ect. It not only keeps a larger population but it also provides more money to continue building the game.

It's fucking simple: if your game is a grind (be it money or time), it is not fun. Work is already enough grinding for a week, no way I'm gonna waste my labor's result to be able to teabag people in game.

You want people fighting each other? Make it a skill game with 0 motherfucking 0 grind for all the PvP aspect of the game. Make money give cosmetic effects, make time give resources and crafting related skills so any new player can be decked out and ready to play at first login if he has some friends.

Check the PoE way of doing it: cosmetic effects + stash space. Not even any xp booster or shit like that. And they even have some fast run league where you can easily participate because some of those events have 1 to 3 hours duration. That's how you do F2P games.

Read that: http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/RaminShokrizade/20130626/194933/ enjoy how you can get milked for your money or time.

Last edited by Arkh; 07/10/13 02:17 PM.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]