I guess my problem is interjecting the govt into that gray area.

While you seem to see the concept of it being a short step to killing anything we want, I guess I see the concept another pretext for govt to stick its guns in peoples' faces based on an arbitrary opinion as the larger problem. Further filling our overloaded prisons with alleged abortion doctors, and women who miscarried does not strike me as a tenable solution.

Though I do agree with you, with regard to fathers' rights. Thats a tricky one. There lots of fucked up situations in general that can and do happen with regard to fathers' nonexistent rights in this country.

But in the larger scheme of things, the well off will always have access to abortions. Forcing the less well off to take their abortions underground I do not think will really improve things. Nor will a glut of children that the parents and govt are both incapable of caring for properly. I think it would just exacerbate our existing problems.

I think we have a lot of fixing to do in other areas, before we start meddling with the abortion status quo.

I think the best approach that does not infringe on anyones rights , feed the corrupt police state/prison industry, or cause sudden societal upset is for pro lifers to simply spread their message to convince people not to abort. To spend their own effort adopting where needed, and to spread the word on adoption and such.

Convincing individuals to make the "right" decision, is always better that using a gun to force an opinion on someone.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)