Originally Posted By: sinij
It isn't that black and white Cheerio. Plus in another 20 years thanks to automation even with strong economy we won't need all these people working. What do you propose we do with them?

i dont believe this will be the case. people will have to work for the foreseeable future. i hope yo arent one of those venus project people...

my point is that all transfers from productive to non productive people are destined to fail. ss and other retirements are just pyramid schemes. assuming i get my 30 years in and retire at 62, i am supposed to get 72% of my gross for the rest of my life.
if i dont get a raise for the next 18 years, my retirement will be 4k per month.
i only pay 6k a year (matched by employer) into it!
theres no way that investments can earn that much
plus, the employer contribution in the peoples republic of california is an IOU.

finally: western civ is facing population shortages. too many old, not enough working and paying in. baby boomers (the hippie generation- not tea party) have cut a swath of destruction as they moved thru this country.
they were the hippies who ruined music, encouraged drug use and rebellion for its own sake. they got educations and took over the higher education systems, corrupting them and preaching the gospel of self esteem for its own sake, they neglected their own families, causing divorce homosexuality etc to become the new normal in a single generation, now they demand we all work more and pay more so they can keep their plum retirements

filthy hippies ruined everything