@Drakiis - The Fallen, they would of been a fun bunch! We semi-created them in live under "Vengeance Agenda" but what with me working at WP, Vosx working at Ubisoft, and a few other things, we just couldn't dedicate the time (or complications) with running the guild.

And I remember "Stormshade" and all of those guilds. Most not even from the boards (although boardwarrioring was big in Shadowbane) but more from the alts I played in-game. Best way to keep in touch with your community is actually play with it.

As for TOR... well, I did leave for a reason. Actually a few of them. All in all, I think a great game and a phenomenal opportunity (for me, at least) but outside of the community built around it, my heart wasn't in it. I like the gameplay but I'm a PvPer at heart and it just didn't have the features I wanted for PvP much less GvG.

@sinji - I don't even think it was that. A lot of developers wanted to (and still do) innovate and try new things. The problems (imo) comes from the financers who are pulling the (purse) strings. Everyone wanted WoW 2.0 but there are just some phenomenons you cannot recreate by reproducing them.

And yeah, the community I manage is much larger now but less... intense ;) That said, there are a lot of gamers in the information technology field (not that there is any surprises there).

@JetStar - Where did the years go? Doesn't seem all that long ago we were killing reds in Trinsic and Britain banks. As soon as I get through my alt-itis, I might just have to look you guys up! Last night brought a Defender up to about L15 and had a lot of fun on him.