The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 08/01/12 05:36 AM
KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION IS ONLINE

The KGB Oracle welcomes the fully online KGB GW2 faction. Please see the forums within.

You can contact KGB GW2 High Chancellor Donkleaps by sending a PM here on the Oracle or posting in the GW2 Forums.

If you are here to apply for KGB Citizenship, you can find the JOIN KGB link on the right column of the portal page.

Watch for upcoming screen shots and KGB movies! Coming soon to a Youtube near you!
Posted By: Tasorin Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 08/01/12 03:06 PM
Very Nice.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 08/01/12 10:18 PM
Let the fun begin
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 08/02/12 12:45 AM
Buying a new rig for this event. It's going to be a beast...

BEAST MODE= Activated
Posted By: Zhou Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 08/02/12 12:59 AM
I hear you on that Wolfgang. I built a new PC just for this.
Posted By: Darkon Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 08/02/12 11:23 PM
Hey my KGB friends, can't wait for this game, can't wait for WvW its going to be alot like Shadowbane. Hopefully KGB and OPP can renew our battles in GW2, look forward to fighting or maybe working with ya guys in the new game. This video just has me stoked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnOhMeYxhRM
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 08/03/12 01:50 AM
For sure Darkon. We are going to be rolling on Fort Aspenwood where we have been stomping on people throughout the beta events.

I would think it would be pretty interesting if you guys wanted to roll along side us and see if after all the fighting through the years against each other if we could work together and stomp some kids out.

Stay in touch or shoot me a PM through here if you want to talk about stuff.
Posted By: Darkon Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 08/28/12 01:46 PM
Hows your guys WvW going. They keep resetting ours because its so far all one sided. I don't know if there is a bug with the player distribution or maybe where just that good :) Can't wait to face you guys, hopefully we will get your guys server soon, keep eye out for Blackgate. :)
Posted By: AshenTemper Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 08/28/12 04:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Donkleaps
For sure Darkon. We are going to be rolling on Fort Aspenwood where we have been stomping on people throughout the beta events.

By any chance, did you stick with Fort Aspenwood for launch? That's my home server... Hmmmmm!
Posted By: Sini Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 08/28/12 04:49 PM
Come play with us!
Posted By: Sini Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 08/28/12 04:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Darkon
Hows your guys WvW going. They keep resetting ours because its so far all one sided. I don't know if there is a bug with the player distribution or maybe where just that good :) Can't wait to face you guys, hopefully we will get your guys server soon, keep eye out for Blackgate. :)

Sorry we are all too busy baking bread to WvW.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 08/28/12 07:23 PM
Yes Ashen we are on Fort Aspenwood putting toon time in before shit stomping WvW.
Posted By: JetStar Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 08/29/12 12:38 AM
Originally Posted By: AshenTemper

By any chance, did you stick with Fort Aspenwood for launch? That's my home server... Hmmmmm!

Hey!

Hows it going and what the heck are you doing these days?
Posted By: Darkon Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 08/29/12 01:13 AM
Originally Posted By: JetStar

Hey!

Oh the usual, loving this game so much freedom to do what ever you want. Cooking that reminds me, someone on our server used cooking to get to level 80 in 32 hours, guess there was a bug with that, though arenanet says it was legit but they fixed it already. Love WvW you don't have to follow the whole server, with a small group like ours we can tactically attack points and get wins for ourselfs without having to stick with the whole zerg concept.

Oh ya we picked Blackgate cause well you know where all Ultima 7 fans :)
Posted By: AshenTemper Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 08/29/12 11:21 PM

Hey!

Things are going well. Taking a break from the game industry for a bit and working Community Management in the Information Technology industry. Bigger userbase but also a lot friendlier ;)

Outside of that, keeping out of trouble (mostly) and playing a little Guild Wars 2. Trying to decide on which character type I want to stick with -- been playing a little on most of the classes and trying to decide which I like the best.

Funny enough, ran across this because I found some of my old webarticles from back on Pacific. Wow, what a difference a decade+ makes! And glad to see that KGB isn't just alive but still kicking! I might have to create a Crypt Vengelord to relife some of the nostalgia.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 08/29/12 11:39 PM
Well you could always recreate the guild you started just before you got hired by wolfpack, the guild you left The Council of Apocylapse to build was The Fallen if I remember right, a lot of us left at the same time, and just when I was about to join you there, you got hired for Shadowbane, of course from there I joined a very good friend and helped him build Cadre Quietus, and form the Covenant of the Swords Alliance on Treachery with PRX and various other guilds. There was domination and I fought KGB everyday as a older moniker, "Stormshade" then in time I joined KGB for Age of Conan. Either way I doubt you remember me, or that it matters much these days.

P.S. No offense but SWTOR sucked...

Challenge, Change, Chaos, Unpredictability, and randomness make a dynamic ever changing world worth playing in that motivates players, games thus far have none of these things. It's Alphabet soup when it should be Steak and Shrimp
Posted By: Sini Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 08/30/12 01:51 AM
Fundamental problem is that everyone learned wrong lessons from SB - that innovation in MMO sphere leads to failure. We are now more than a decade late and games STILL clone DIKU and STILL unable to feature-match UO/SB. Game industry got so inbred these days that they now mostly compete by turning DIKU MMOs into F2P nagware.

/rant

@Ashen, glad you got out alive. IT at its worst is nowhere near as toxic as recently-nerfed fanboi. CMs like you should have gotten hazard pay.
Posted By: JetStar Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 08/30/12 05:52 PM
Ashen, yeah we turned 15 in june!

Glad to speak to ya, and you are ALWAYS welcome!
Posted By: AshenTemper Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 08/30/12 09:14 PM
@Drakiis - The Fallen, they would of been a fun bunch! We semi-created them in live under "Vengeance Agenda" but what with me working at WP, Vosx working at Ubisoft, and a few other things, we just couldn't dedicate the time (or complications) with running the guild.

And I remember "Stormshade" and all of those guilds. Most not even from the boards (although boardwarrioring was big in Shadowbane) but more from the alts I played in-game. Best way to keep in touch with your community is actually play with it.

As for TOR... well, I did leave for a reason. Actually a few of them. All in all, I think a great game and a phenomenal opportunity (for me, at least) but outside of the community built around it, my heart wasn't in it. I like the gameplay but I'm a PvPer at heart and it just didn't have the features I wanted for PvP much less GvG.

@sinji - I don't even think it was that. A lot of developers wanted to (and still do) innovate and try new things. The problems (imo) comes from the financers who are pulling the (purse) strings. Everyone wanted WoW 2.0 but there are just some phenomenons you cannot recreate by reproducing them.

And yeah, the community I manage is much larger now but less... intense ;) That said, there are a lot of gamers in the information technology field (not that there is any surprises there).

@JetStar - Where did the years go? Doesn't seem all that long ago we were killing reds in Trinsic and Britain banks. As soon as I get through my alt-itis, I might just have to look you guys up! Last night brought a Defender up to about L15 and had a lot of fun on him.
Posted By: Daye Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 08/30/12 09:21 PM
"I don't even think it was that. A lot of developers wanted to (and still do) innovate and try new things. The problems (imo) comes from the financers who are pulling the (purse) strings. Everyone wanted WoW 2.0 but there are just some phenomenons you cannot recreate by reproducing them."

Chuckle.

He who controls the spice controls the universe :D
Posted By: Drakiis Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 08/30/12 10:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Daye
"I don't even think it was that. A lot of developers wanted to (and still do) innovate and try new things. The problems (imo) comes from the financers who are pulling the (purse) strings. Everyone wanted WoW 2.0 but there are just some phenomenons you cannot recreate by reproducing them."

Chuckle.

He who controls the spice controls the universe :D

"Liked"
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 08/31/12 02:23 AM
Once again Daye nails it.
Posted By: quilli Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 09/06/12 12:03 AM
Downloading now so will be in game in a bit
Posted By: Derid Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 09/06/12 06:04 AM

Hey Quilli long time no see, good to see you around again!
Posted By: quilli Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 09/06/12 05:28 PM
Ya got into some rl issues but back put app in to become member again. I am in game name us Quillimaster cause some sob stole my name lol.
Posted By: Taxman Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 09/06/12 09:32 PM
Woot! Yea - looks like I got Owain riled up as well... and 5050...

I will be relocating to the KGB server tonight. ;-)
Posted By: Kaotic Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 09/07/12 01:47 AM
BITCHIN!!!
Posted By: JetStar Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 09/07/12 01:53 AM
Wow great to have you guys! I will be joining all of you on the 20th.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 09/07/12 05:02 AM
Glorious times are ahead for sure. Feels great to have such a solid turnout for GW2 and we will definately have some epic battles ahead.
Posted By: Hare Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 09/07/12 09:19 AM
I will be joining all of you on the 20th.

Ahh but the 20th of what month? year?

8D
Posted By: quilli Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 09/07/12 10:15 AM
Tax brought us around yesterday showed us some of the ropes in the game justmade the game that much fun and greater. :-) THNX TAX!!!
Posted By: JetStar Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 09/07/12 10:08 PM

13 days from now new rig arrives.
Posted By: quilli Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 09/07/12 10:13 PM
That will be awsome.
Posted By: Darkon Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 09/29/12 02:31 AM
Alright KGB its now ON! Blackgate and Fort Aspenwood are at war, we will see you on Blackgate if you guys dare to come there, :)
Posted By: Drakiis Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 09/29/12 03:45 PM
lol
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 10/01/12 01:52 AM

13 days from now new rig arrives.

Thirteen days plus 10, still no JET. =(
Posted By: JetStar Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 10/01/12 04:56 AM
Well got my new rig all done today. All my goodies are operational (Except wireless printer). I played some Planetside 2 tonight and my machine screamed.

Buying GW2.
Posted By: JetStar Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 10/01/12 05:22 AM
Im pretty frustrated. It wont let me register my new key because I have an existing account that I cant remember the password to. There is NO OPTION to reset password. I am pretty frustrated already!
Posted By: Darkon Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 10/03/12 09:47 PM
Hey Jet, I think the server war going to end soon, I'm not sure but don't they only last for 3 or so days? We need to get some little war going. How about you get your allies together and give us a time and place and we will meet ya on the battle field.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 10/03/12 09:50 PM
does your guild know your selling girl scout cookies made from rainbows and puppy dog tears?

Originally Posted By: Darkon
Hey Jet, I think the server war going to end soon, I'm not sure but don't they only last for 3 or so days? We need to get some little war going. How about you get your allies together and give us a time and place and we will meet ya on the battle field.
Posted By: AshenTemper Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 10/03/12 09:56 PM
If you're still having problems, let me know. I know a few people over there that might be able to help.

Im pretty frustrated. It wont let me register my new key because I have an existing account that I cant remember the password to. There is NO OPTION to reset password. I am pretty frustrated already!
Posted By: Drakiis Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 10/04/12 12:33 AM
Mr. Star got a new rig, and can't remember his NCSoft Master Account PW's
Posted By: JetStar Re: KGB GUILDWARS 2 FACTION - 10/04/12 04:38 PM
I am now in and with an account and will be playing tonight! Support actually helped me, so woo woo.
© The KGB Oracle