The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Kasandras NEW - 07/26/10 12:37 AM
Hey guys,

I talked with Pro Bot today, while we were raiding hammerdale.

He asked if we could make a compromise.. We stay out of hammerdale, they stay out of sandstone, spawns are fair game, we can kill them at the spawns, but he did ask if we could skip the kobold and goblin spawns, pro bot wants a happy medium to the current issue, and has notified spewart, and im notifying you guys, if you dont want to do it, then so be it. Just throwing this out there.

-Kas
((I know im not "supposed" to do this, but pro bots an old friend of mine}}
Posted By: JetStar Re: NEW - 07/26/10 01:06 AM
That sounds good to me. Let me check with the rest of the alliance if you are all good with this? Please comment?
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: NEW - 07/26/10 03:25 AM
If NEW was raiding the hamlet, I think repaying them a visit is fine. But to keep on going back constantly inside hammerdale I do not agree with. If they want to fight, we can set it up to do so. Just don't be raiding hammerdale.
Posted By: ZhenYu Omega Re: NEW - 07/26/10 03:36 AM
Ive personally never had a prob with new. They've always left me alone at spawns, I runestone to Hammerdale now n then and buy stuff and generally when I am there I donate alot of stuff to new or even go down there specifically to donate stuff to NEW sometimes.
Posted By: Decon Black Re: NEW - 07/26/10 04:49 AM
I'll put it this way......Fuck NEW they arent the clan they were built to be alot of there members are hiding behind the new tags. I have had to fight 9-10 of them on a consistant basis with 3-4 of us not always geared, And then have to sit there and feel like an idiot cuz i got killed by NEW even though it was there Leadership doing it. If they are agreeing to a truce then fine but i will say this if they try to attack me in a spawn and then run back into their city i will chase them right into their city or kill them right inside their gates.

I will not give them a damn thing unless they take it off my body. I will stop raiding their city cuz it seems i got my point across over the last week. But as far as i am concerned after my talks with Spewart and i quote "New isnt the EU NEW they are a pvp clan that is open and prompted to pvp and raids, WE WELCOME IT. Also Rorshack New didnt ask the server to not fight us we are just taking advantage of it". This was all said in about a 30min time frame of pm's back and forth. Take it for what it is their leadership is a bunch of douche bags and are taking NEW from what it was formed and meant to be a place where nooby characters could go and get skillz and learn DFO, to a place where they can get a free pass to do what ever the hell they want cuz of the server's turning ablind eye to them and leaving them alone and giving them free shit.

I am right in the middle of this for the simple fact that they have raided us in the hamlet multiple times and i have lost close to 60k in shit due to them zerging 3-4 guys with 10 or more people and no none wanting to fight them cuz they have "NEW" tags. They have to learn they are in a place to help new players not exploit the generosity of clans giving them a free pass.
Posted By: JetStar Re: NEW - 07/26/10 05:21 AM
New was griefing our guys, and all bets were off. Its a new generation and it was not as polite or gracious as the previous ones.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: NEW - 07/26/10 02:01 PM
Having had an alt spy in NEW let me assure you that NEW is not running under the way things use to be. Yes the leadership is mostly the same, and in general they are all right. But its membership has changed as population levels have changed, and the NEW batch now is rife with griefers using the NEW tag and its treaties to try and hide.

If they you leave you alone, then fine I guess. But personally, I have always liked a closed Alliance where anyone, and I mean ANYONE who was not Green, means RED=DEAD. This is DFO, there is no hiding in your cities, this is a greifers game, and is played in that fashion by most of the population left in DFO.
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: NEW - 07/26/10 05:23 PM
I agree tas red means dead. But I think we should steer away from raiding hammerdale. However if they keep raiding the hamlet, then we repay them a visit.
Posted By: Decon Black Re: NEW - 07/27/10 03:44 AM
Revisioin to my last statement.

I came to an agreement with the leadership of NEW, we were taken off the KOS list as far as the city goes, but on eof there generals and i talked and the agreement is as fallows.

1. We KGB will not attack NEW in a 1k radius around hammerdale.

2. If at any time they attack us in that perimiter they can and will be killed.

3. Outside that 1k radius i was told to consider them (NEW) as any other player KOS.

4. If they attack at any time they are not allowed to run back into the 1k radius or back into the city and think they will be safe, we amy chase them and kill them.

5. If we go inside Hammerdale we will not fight in the city unless they are being raided or we have chased some poor bastard into because he atacked.

It seems like the point i was trying to prove to them finally hit home and they will adhere to to demands i put forth for them. Any questions contact LT. Rorshack in-game.

Thanks
Posted By: Banshee Re: NEW - 07/28/10 04:05 AM
I read this earlier but had never heard of NEW so didn’t think much of it.

Then just a few minutes ago I was working on setting something up and was checking my exact position when I recall and needed to know the same thing for when I died. So I put my gear in the bank and headed to the newb spawn right outside Sandbrook to let a mob kill me.

Luckily for me I did not have to go all the way out to the spawn hahaha some NEW member named Womb Raider jumped me and killed me. Thought it was funny because he was doing me a favor and didn’t even know it.

I do not have a tag while I build some level of skill so I think it's safe to say that everyone who suggested earlier they were not really a newb helping group would appear to be right.

I only mention it because I had read this post earlier and I thought it funny he did me a favor and didn’t know it.
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: NEW - 07/29/10 02:42 AM
If there are any more problems with NEW, let myself,Jet,Val or Arkh know. And we will talk with them and set an agreement if any. Same goes with anyone else. We may not be in game when something occurs, just send us a PM here and let us know so when we get in game we know whats going on.
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: NEW - 08/07/10 07:02 PM
I spoke with Pro Bot... he's trying to get his guys to stay out of Sandstone. I told him that we will still have friendly pvp outside of hammerdale and only go into hammerdale as a returned favor for them raiding sandstone.

I dont' like killing new... because they have some really new players and thats just not that fun killing people like that. Plus we need to be fighting better players so that we get better. Anyway if anyone has any problems voice them... but please stay out of hammerdale unless they raid sandstone. Pro Bot said we are not on the KOS list anymore. So only raid them after they hit sandstone.
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: NEW - 08/08/10 07:04 AM
bump
Posted By: Vuldan Re: NEW - 08/08/10 01:10 PM
Oh I was there when you worked this out. I am not certain I can believe anything Pro Bot says. I have some very interesting screen shots from the other day dealing with them. I will go along with this because you made the deal and I support you.

I do not however put much faith in NEW holding to it for very long. Thier other SG was over in the noobie human lands killing goblin noobs...not very NEW if you ask me and if I catch em, I will kill em.
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: NEW - 08/08/10 04:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Vuldan
Oh I was there when you worked this out. I am not certain I can believe anything Pro Bot says. I have some very interesting screen shots from the other day dealing with them. I will go along with this because you made the deal and I support you.

I do not however put much faith in NEW holding to it for very long. Thier other SG was over in the noobie human lands killing goblin noobs...not very NEW if you ask me and if I catch em, I will kill em.

Well it's not a truce, so I say killem' the thing was to make sure we don't have guys going into hammerdale at all hours camping them. I don't expect them to hold up their end of the deal of staying out of Sandstone, so when they don't... hammerdale is open for business.
Posted By: Decon Black Re: NEW - 08/08/10 05:11 PM
I had spoke with Pro Bot myself about 2 wks ago. And all this that Wolfgang said was worked out then. Since then it seems they have gone against the truce. They have been open game anywhere outside the 1k radius of hammerdale and in hammerdale. I was told to consider them KOS outside that radius. We just need to stay out of hammerdale unless they raid sandstone then pay them back a visit for each time they come to sandstone. Also their noobs have been told that if they get attacked outside their safe zone they can not run back in and expect to be left alone by their leadership.

So please do as i have stated and dont fuck with them to bad unless they have warrented it. Or if they are outside their safe zone then they are free game. KILL KILL KILL
Posted By: SabinF Re: NEW - 08/09/10 06:13 AM
I'm not playing as much as I have been, but is anyone willing to explain this to me?

I have absolutely ZERO qualms with them raiding sandstone as much and as often as they will -- what do we stand to lose? Peace of mind is the best I can offer up, but is that really so much to sacrifice?

We *need* this type of unplanned altercation to get better! The beauty lies in their...newness. It gives us the confidence and consideration necessary to fight outnumbered. In all honesty, it's exciting to me that I get the chance to fight 2v8(or whatever) as it hones my skill.
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: NEW - 08/09/10 10:28 PM
Originally Posted By: SabinF
I'm not playing as much as I have been, but is anyone willing to explain this to me?

I have absolutely ZERO qualms with them raiding sandstone as much and as often as they will -- what do we stand to lose? Peace of mind is the best I can offer up, but is that really so much to sacrifice?

We *need* this type of unplanned altercation to get better! The beauty lies in their...newness. It gives us the confidence and consideration necessary to fight outnumbered. In all honesty, it's exciting to me that I get the chance to fight 2v8(or whatever) as it hones my skill.

I don't have anything against NEW either, however if they are a guise for people with good toons that use the tag as an advantage, then I would have a problem with them. And that has happened in the past... I'm not sure about it happening lately though. The whole thing was when NEW raided sandstone, some of our guys went and raided Hammerdale as retribution for them raiding sandstone. And the counsilors of NEW got mad. Raiding is one thing, but raiding it and holding it down is another. And from what info I gather that's what happened. So Pro Bot was getting the members of new to not raid Sandstone in return that we do not raid them. My feelings are that it is NEW... let them raid, we've gotten some players from NEW in KGB before. Let them get some experience so when they go out and find a clan they know what to expect and maybe a clan will be more likely to keep that person and give them a chance. The server population is pretty low, and we don't need to be dicks greifing newer players. That's not how KGB works!
Posted By: Longshanks Re: NEW - 08/09/10 11:24 PM
Originally Posted By: wolfgang
... we don't need to be dicks greifing newer players. That's not how KGB works!

This!
Posted By: Kaotic Re: NEW - 08/09/10 11:34 PM
Originally Posted By: Longshanks
Originally Posted By: wolfgang
... we don't need to be dicks greifing newer players. That's not how KGB works!

This!

/agree
Posted By: Drakiis Re: NEW - 08/10/10 06:16 AM
QFT, this isn't who we are.
© The KGB Oracle