The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Wolfgang Chatting while on raids. - 02/26/10 01:43 AM
I'm just going to be blunt here. Because it's getting to the point we are looking like jackass's On clan Alliance raids. While we were raiding Yssum there was a lot of talking about other things besides what we were there for. This needs to stop, especially when we're with others from the alliance.

If people noticed until a few started talking that it was pretty quiet. That's the way it should be on a raid, we don't care what kind of fucking vendetta someone has with another guild or person. Please STFU about that shit and talk about it in an appropiate setting. NOT WHILE WE ARE RAIDING! Blurting out something like... "wow there's a broken chest" or WOW look at that tree" Just needs to stop. If you have nothing to offer about the raid or whatever scale of fighting we are doing just please be quiet. If we can't hear battle commands we are fucked, and there is NO sense in dying because someone feels like they need to talk about something that has NOTHING to do with the raid.
Posted By: Syloc Re: Chatting while on raids. - 02/26/10 01:45 AM
I totally agree Wolf.

In fact ...

http://oracle.the-kgb.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=59924#Post59924

And I swear to god, if Ice gets into the guild, he'd better learn to follow orders and comms. I mean geeze, we have Saint, but at least he knows when to be serious.
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: Chatting while on raids. - 02/26/10 01:50 AM
That is a great thread Syloc, thanks for posting it. And the thing I can't stress enough is that it's not only new people doing this. We are better than that.
Posted By: Leeboi Re: Chatting while on raids. - 02/26/10 02:12 AM
I keep trying to talk in vent, but can't even get a word out....blam bo ba smile
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: Chatting while on raids. - 02/26/10 02:28 PM
Wolf, start taking names if you see it happen and feel free to PM them to me on the Oracle.

If they continue to do it after being spoken to and signing the proper threads on the Oracle; then there will only be one last place for them to go...and that is out the door.

We really need to control ourseleves when we are on allied events. That is where they are truely judging us and our abilities.
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: Chatting while on raids. - 02/26/10 06:30 PM
Hopefully everyone will read this and understand why we need to keep comms clear, especially in raids with the alliance.
Posted By: Syloc Re: Chatting while on raids. - 02/26/10 08:10 PM
There is no need to read off names. We need to call them out on the spot.

Look, I know everyone joined KGB because we're so lacks - but there's a point where it compromises our PVP ability.

Whoever is the ranking member should be RESPONSIBLE, to call crap that kind of crap out. We can still be firm and respectful, but a gentle reminder to clear comms is understandable.

This is also a sideeffect of people Raiding with MC and TAO and adpoting their lack of organization, something that people have to remind themselves of.

You are in KGB. Not MC.

If you like that style, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

We will have our own groups up soon enough, however there are actions *cough* Tox *cough* that we tolerate for the sake of allies, but not actions we tolerate in our members.
Posted By: Devan Omega Re: Chatting while on raids. - 03/01/10 01:53 PM
i agree the talking has been getting out of hand. I try to keep my talkin to a minimum and only to about the raid at hand.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Chatting while on raids. - 03/01/10 07:23 PM
Cough, Cough, English dave, Cough....

Sorry, I had a coughing spell there.
Posted By: Valaria Re: Chatting while on raids. - 03/01/10 10:20 PM
you should really get that checked out jet.... with your old age that cough could become something serious.

/wink
Posted By: Longshanks Re: Chatting while on raids. - 03/02/10 01:18 AM
Hate to say it, but I go ahead and mute those people who can't keep a lid on it during organized PvP activities.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Chatting while on raids. - 03/03/10 01:53 PM
Good idea Long.

I know this is a game, I know it's not the real military, but this is the part that has always driven me crazy, all the way back to UO days..there are times when you have to act like it is and PvP in Darkfall is more of those times than any game world since UO..maybe more so.
© The KGB Oracle