The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Uber HONEST ANSWER FROM BETA PEEPS ONLY - 02/21/09 03:02 AM
1) Is this game worth playing?
2) Why?
3) Will this be another huge let down as in I get all psyched to play with peeps and then a week later the guild leaves the game?
4) Hows the lag if this is launching Euro?
5) Whats the monthly?
Posted By: Rallic Re: HONEST ANSWER FROM BETA PEEPS ONLY - 02/21/09 03:42 AM
1) Is this game worth playing?

i think so .

2) Why?

well its a full loot system, skill baced, combat on the other hand is a bit bland atm. Like UO theres not much in the way of powers for mele. lots of pot chuging.

3) Will this be another huge let down as in I get all psyched to play with peeps and then a week later the guild leaves the game?

cant speak for any one but my self, but this will be a long term game. the said i feel a lot are going to get burnt out with the skill grind.

i put it every bit as tuff as first 6 mounths of UO.

4) Hows the lag if this is launching Euro?

iv got a 16MB cable with comcast, i set around 200-230 with spikes every now and then. im in Oregon.

5) Whats the monthly?

seams its going to be right at 15$ US.
1) Yes

2) It's the most fun I've had in an mmo in a long time. The first time I was pked my hands actually shook. That hasn't happened since... I don't know, the last game where you lost your loot upon death was Neocron... 7 or so years ago now? At first I was disappointed to be honest, but the more I play it the more I like it. It offers a lot of player freedom. I feel like I'll be playing this game for well over a year, especially if the KGB sticks with it, which I think it will.

3) Don't think so, it's the game we've been waiting for. From Beta I can almost guarantee that if travel stays the way it is, it will be nearly impossible to control our island, Cairn, let alone the entire map as we once had dreams of, but we can still fight for a few territories near us, and to protect ours, and whatever. It's sure to be a blast.

4) From east coast I was getting 140 or so ping.

5) 12 euro?
Posted By: Lorddarka Re: HONEST ANSWER FROM BETA PEEPS ONLY - 02/21/09 04:17 AM
1,yes
2, Game is alot of fun. Its all about what you make out of it.
3: This game has staying power and longevity but i can see people playing and quiting on a monthly basis. Even half the beta folks stopped playing after the second week they were in. I got in 2 weeks laters then most and i played non stop and love the game. Macroing is a must though if u wanna grind up some hard to get skills and boring stuff. but when i wasnt macroing i was pking exploring and just doing alot of pve.

4: east cast virginia i was getting 110-120 ping avearge on dsl and rarely had any spikes. very plyable latency.

5: 15$ a month around 50$ game cost
Also, the lag spikes were due setting they had on our clients. We were making heavy logging and sending back a lot of info to the server so they could find bugs better. Retail will have that option off.
Posted By: Thomas Re: HONEST ANSWER FROM BETA PEEPS ONLY - 02/21/09 07:52 AM
I won't break down the answers as above but just say I was addicted to this game at hello. I have not had more laughs and exciting WTF moments in a game like this in years.

I enjoy the UO style skill system and the combat seems like a good learning curve to get it right.

I will say this... this is NOT a game for people who do not have patience or think they can not be beat. The game is still really a beta release being pushed as a "completed" game... There will be changes.... there will be patches and nerfs.

Get over it, it's the way darkfall will be. I'd say do not get too attached to any one item or skill cuz you could see a drastic change. So patience...

Anyone can kill anyone... so if you get easily upset when you get pwned by a naked noob and lose all your cool dark knight shit... sorry!!! but suck it up and grab your other set and get some pay back!

My last answer.... what else you gonna do? What other game you gonna play right now or wait 12+ months for? Hop on board and join the fun!
Posted By: Seaelf Re: HONEST ANSWER FROM BETA PEEPS ONLY - 02/21/09 12:15 PM
Free for all loot Uber !! And you can kill your guild mates if they piss you off
(and loot your guildmates too, but I don't think you would do that to someone would you ?) lol
Posted By: Crimthan Re: HONEST ANSWER FROM BETA PEEPS ONLY - 02/21/09 02:26 PM
Its madness PVP 24/7 Insta pop scens hardcore fest on Dark Crag I say we set up a faction! We will go Destro and Fight against QFT / Goons and lots of other old guilds!
Posted By: Revol Re: HONEST ANSWER FROM BETA PEEPS ONLY - 02/21/09 09:48 PM
I don't think you'll have to worry about a large Goon presence in this game. It sounds like most of them hate this game. (Not because it's too hardcore, but game-quality wise.)
Posted By: Daye Re: HONEST ANSWER FROM BETA PEEPS ONLY - 02/21/09 10:01 PM
Quote:

Free for all loot Uber !! And you can kill your guild mates if they piss you off
(and loot your guildmates too, but I don't think you would do that to someone would you ?) lol

In Shadowbane this was quite entertaining. . . and somewhat common. Folks come over and stab you just to be funny so you drop a wizzy dot or two on em and watch em run around in little circles as their health ticked off
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: HONEST ANSWER FROM BETA PEEPS ONLY - 02/22/09 12:07 AM
Just the pvp alone in this game will see who can adapt the best.

Melee combat is fast paced and about timing your swings...and praying your people with you dont get int he way to get smashed as well since you can hit everyone.

Noone in beta really got far enough into the casting side of the game as the couple people that were dedicated to magic didnt play all that much.

Everything is targeted by the player. no haha i click you and cast while you run.

Most important aspect of the game is stamina management. You have to learn to work as sub grps in a larger grp.

So if I am running a 10 man group..we will subdivide that into pairs so that it minimizes friendly fire.

A lot of fun if you want a game where you have to think and react quickly.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: HONEST ANSWER FROM BETA PEEPS ONLY - 02/22/09 12:47 AM
Quote:

I don't think you'll have to worry about a large Goon presence in this game. It sounds like most of them hate this game. (Not because it's too hardcore, but game-quality wise.)

Uhh.hem...read through the KGB front page on the chatbox...then you'll see what I was referring to...
Posted By: Daye Re: HONEST ANSWER FROM BETA PEEPS ONLY - 02/23/09 01:34 AM
I figure I will give Darkfall some serious consideration
a month or so post release IF ( and that is a HUGE IF )
it looks like KGB is going to be playing it for some time.

The last few games KGB had a presence in all showed immense
numbers initially, then damn near a vacuum as everyone
departed in short order after realizing the game wasn't
all that it was supposed to be.

( WoW, Conan, Vanguard, Warhammer ALL qualify here )

This time around, before I commit to anything, I'm going
to be DAMN sure we're going to have some KGB playing a
few months into release. This game will be the poster
child of group play. Solo runs here will just be a lesson
in frustration.
Daye, I haven't played an MMO with the KGB since WoW specifically for that reason. I didn't see the potential of a prolonged presence in Vanguard, AoC, or Warhammer, so rather than waste $50 + maybe $15 for 3 months, I saved my money. I've never been wrong yet.

With that said, I'm very excited about Darkfall. I'll be buying it ASAP, and definitely playing to no end once Bishop returns. I think there is definite potential for a long KGB presence.
Posted By: JetStar Re: HONEST ANSWER FROM BETA PEEPS ONLY - 02/23/09 01:50 AM
Uber,

To be honest, games that give pointless combat and death with no penalty are a thing of the past for me. Senator Bib said:
Quote:

The first time I was pked my hands actually shook. That hasn't happened since... I don't know

This is exactly what I have longed for and why I played games in the first place. Add in the global politics and SB style siege, and this is the game for me. Forget the graphics, or even the problems. If it delivers just the full loot FFA PVP, I am sold.
Posted By: Heidi Re: HONEST ANSWER FROM BETA PEEPS ONLY - 02/23/09 02:18 AM
Just be sure to keep the blood pressure medicine nearby. I don't want any of you old farts seizing in a battle with some of these babies.
Posted By: Uber Re: HONEST ANSWER FROM BETA PEEPS ONLY - 03/02/09 12:24 PM
Thanks to all who took the time to answer!! Next question...

When will us people who missed the chance to get the pre order thingy get a chance to play and play together with KGB... i read something that they are not opening it up until they increase capactiy or something like that..

Will we all be rerolling to another server to play together and will they offer character tranfers? I am only going to play if we can all be together and cup.
Posted By: Slinger Re: HONEST ANSWER FROM BETA PEEPS ONLY - 03/02/09 12:52 PM
http://forums.darkfallonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29
They used to say when they fixed login issue some active accounts were receiving they'd open up sales. Now it seems they fixed it but want to make sure the server is stable before opening up sales.

It might take a day, it might take 2 weeks. If they open up a second server we'll be going to the one KGB is on anyway. Once north american servers go up there will be free transfers to move there, and we'll be making that transfer.
Posted By: Sini Re: HONEST ANSWER FROM BETA PEEPS ONLY - 03/03/09 04:58 AM
Originally Posted By: Daye

This time around, before I commit to anything, I'm going
to be DAMN sure we're going to have some KGB playing a
few months into release.

I am in the same boat, I love KGB and would come back in a heart beat if I knew we are here to stay and game is worth it.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: HONEST ANSWER FROM BETA PEEPS ONLY - 03/03/09 12:52 PM
Originally Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa
They used to say when they fixed login issue some active accounts were receiving they'd open up sales. Now it seems they fixed it but want to make sure the server is stable before opening up sales.

It might take a day, it might take 2 weeks. If they open up a second server we'll be going to the one KGB is on anyway. Once north american servers go up there will be free transfers to move there, and we'll be making that transfer.

Is it possible to buy a city shard and just bank it for later?
Posted By: JetStar Re: HONEST ANSWER FROM BETA PEEPS ONLY - 03/03/09 08:29 PM
Yes.
Posted By: Vyse Re: HONEST ANSWER FROM BETA PEEPS ONLY - 03/03/09 08:48 PM
Originally Posted By: Crimthan
Is it possible to buy a city shard and just bank it for later?

You can bank it but the chances of carrying it over with character transfer to NA server are next to none.
© The KGB Oracle