The KGB Oracle
http://www.unholybanhammer.com/BH/
Good thing I am not doing that anymore! lol
Funny how they target the sellers. People continue to buy though. I guess as long as their is a demand people will continue to try.
Trust me, the sellers take the risk of banned accounts into their price. This does not deter them in anyway shape or form.
True, but I have never understood why people get bent out of shape over these things. A) If there are people who wannt to spend hours upon hours upon hours farming gold in a game and B) people willing to buy it for real money, then seriously, what is the big deal? Many game companies, recognizing this, have created markets in their games which duplicate this, better armor, better weapon s etc for those willing to pay.

Now, if some one is using a dupe, to replicate large quantities of gold or resource, yes, that is cheating. But legit mining, harvesting, mob killing etc. and then selling that stuff to those willing to buy it, I have no issue with this what so ever. I would love someone to explain to me why they do. I am certain our values based debate will be interesting.
Vuldan,

Do a google search on Roger Kipe and you will see a debate between me and Braid McQuaid on the same subject.

(I believe I kicked his butt) :) :)
LOL, I had never seen that, but yes, youre arguements were well thought out versus the "party" line. As I stated, I have never been able to clearly see how this activity, if not through duping or other cheats, hurts a game.

Ah well, time will see where this goes.
Brad would have done better to just issue an initial statement or position on the issue rather than opening himself up for a debate, especially him lol.

HeRog you nailed the issue. Either selling is bad or good it doesn't matter whose pocket the money goes in.
Maybe AV wants to add real money transactions to their market place and don't want to miss out on some of the proceeds.
I love adventurine! I reported happy day for spamming area channel with gold selling advertisements at 10:30p. He was struck with the banhammer in less then 4 hrs.
I used to be anti-buying gold...when I had time but no money.
Now I am pro-buying gold...I have money but no time.
At least you are honest about it! lol
I'm not gonna hate on ya just don't advertise it in area chat:)
careful with buying... reports are that buyers are being banned as well.

the Terms of service does now state you can not buy in game items for real world currency
Originally Posted By: Sethan
I used to be anti-buying gold...when I had time but no money.
Now I am pro-buying gold...I have money but no time.

I am still against buying gold, but I am also against mindless grinds.

I see the need to buy gold as a game design failure.
© The KGB Oracle