The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar Vangard, KGB's next official Faction? - 03/12/07 09:12 PM
I will personally be visiting the gaming world of Vangard starting this coming Wednesday night, March 14th, 2007. I will be evaluating the world as a possible offical KGB faction (information on Faction States can be found in the Articles of Confederation, part of the KGB Constitution LINK).

I will make an official decision about Factionhood for Vangard within the next week. If I feel it is in the best interest of KGB to do this, I will then be appointing a High Chancellor as required by the KGB Constitution.

Your thoughts and feelings are appreciated.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Vangard, KGB's next official Faction? - 03/12/07 09:21 PM
ill be waiting for your decision.
Posted By: Elph Re: Vangard, KGB's next official Faction? - 03/13/07 04:49 PM
Enjoy Jet I know for some it may be the first time that you were in game with them.
Posted By: Dcengr Re: Vangard, KGB's next official Faction? - 03/13/07 07:35 PM
I've been in PRX for a while now, and talking with the PRX guys in vent, they would like to have close cooperations with KGB. They're willing to help KGB level, etc.

Realize many PK guilds are now reaching 50, and it will be harder than normal to level.

The PK guilds are larger, have more higher levels, and many are raid oriented (which means possibly better gear).

Since theres no instances, we can disrupt that activity if we can combine forces with the antis.

The big issues with vanguard are the machine requirements and the bugs at the moment.
Posted By: Longshanks Re: Vangard, KGB's next official Faction? - 03/13/07 10:30 PM
I am slowly leveling my pally ... now at 10 or 11 & hitting some PvP pretty regularly. New game, so i am going easy at the moment leveling, learning the game mechanics. My next roll I will definately want to PL a bit & get right to the PvP.

Interesting to me how much one has to learn about not only your own class but the others out there. The game is definately vast in both land mass & class vs class education.

I am running lame mode for graphics & am not having much of an issue with performance (2.8 GHz P4, 1GB RAM & a 128MB video card, cable connection). I will more than likely boost up to a P4D and 2GB RAM on this box, but still play in best performance (i.e. lame mde) for PvP.

Overall, I am finding the game enjoyable .. somewhat of a UO\Shadowbane\WoW hybrid.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Vangard, KGB's next official Faction? - 03/15/07 04:00 AM
I acquired the game and am installing it now.
Posted By: Taxman Re: Vangard, KGB's next official Faction? - 03/15/07 02:56 PM
Quote:

Enjoy Jet I know for some it may be the first time that you were in game with them.

I for one - look forward to gaming with ya Jet!
Posted By: pawnseye Re: Vangard, KGB's next official Faction? - 03/15/07 04:03 PM
2 hours 42 minutes and counting on the update, hope this rocks, I've been unable to get back into a game for a while now, and I have an addictive personality, so this should go well. At least I found another game before i got married, get to see what the fiance really thinks about me while being hooked to a mmo lol.

EDIT: Probably not the place for this post, seeing as how this thread is more about Jet evaluating the game for the faction, if not i can delete. It'll give me something to do during the update.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Vangard, KGB's next official Faction? - 03/15/07 07:39 PM
Quote:

Quote:

JetStar (Jetstar) was born at 12:23am as a Human Cleric. I played with the controls a bit and went to sleep. I look forward to a long night of gaming tonight starting at 7:30pm Pacific until 2:00am.

Join me.
Posted By: Taxman Re: Vangard, KGB's next official Faction? - 03/15/07 11:13 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

JetStar (Jetstar) was born at 12:23am as a Human Cleric. I played with the controls a bit and went to sleep. I look forward to a long night of gaming tonight starting at 7:30pm Pacific until 2:00am.

Join me.

Sounds great! I just hope that we were born on the same continent!
Posted By: Dustrider Re: Vangard, KGB's next official Faction? - 03/16/07 05:19 AM
I got a 10 day pass from RYU and started to play it.

I lost interest when there is nobody in vent and playing it.

I find it hard to find some of the NPC's your looking for on quest (note: the quest that doesn't have the radial to check to put the red mark on the compass)

With being int he trial I wanted to look at the crafting part of it more than the combat since all combat is basically the same in one game or another.

I find the crafting to be simalar to SWG in a way. You have to be at a crafting station and each step in the process is sort of cool.

Combat is ok. Ranger has the range pull and then melee for close combat. Just like a hunter in wow but without a pet.

My system is at the bare min for playing but in all it's ok.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Vangard, KGB's next official Faction? - 03/16/07 11:03 AM
I had a work nightmare and missed you, on tomorrow night.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Vangard, KGB's next official Faction? - 03/17/07 02:56 PM
ROTFLMAO. That didn't take long.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Vangard, KGB's next official Faction? - 03/17/07 05:12 PM
Quote:

ROTFLMAO. That didn't take long.

Well now I am level 6! So HA!
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Vangard, KGB's next official Faction? - 03/17/07 07:34 PM
Good for you bro. I can't even get the update to download, so would be happy to be level 2! lol
Posted By: JetStar Re: Vangard, KGB's next official Faction? - 03/17/07 09:25 PM
Did you try the remove and re-install thing?
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Vangard, KGB's next official Faction? - 03/17/07 10:20 PM
Im working it. Tried that, no difference, just ended up setting me back. I couldn't find the files on fileplanet, so am just frustratingly trying to be patient.
© The KGB Oracle