The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Uber DFUW OPEN FACTION STATUS REQUEST - 04/11/13 02:04 PM
Gang,

Lets face it, our former glory days are O V E R. The most significant PVP patch to date and I am the only one from KGB that has tested it???? I request that we launch DFUW as open faction. Unless many more than I anticipate are planning to launch that I don't know about?? The latest PVP patch is AWESOME!!! We had an hour long fight with Vamp last night and it ROCKED! As usual it was me and the OTG gang.

I grow VERY VERY tired of being the only KGB clan member on beta day after day. Either bump me into a leadership position for time earned and spent OR make it open faction so I can join OTG before I die from loneliness. I am fully chat based so logging in alone and having no one in clan to talk to or play with just flat out sucks.

I am out of the country for 2 weeks. Hopefully we get our shit together enough for launch. IF we launch closed faction and I come back in 2 weeks and log in and day after day it is just me I will ask permission to join OTG for the duration of DFUW.

Just a heads up so there are no surprises. If you are upset by this kiss my ass. You guys are AWOL and I haven't seen a KGB'er in beta in 2 weeks. Not one of you has tested the PVP patch. Go fuck a duck. Im mad!!

Uber

PS. Free computers are on hold until morale improves.
Posted By: Derid Re: DFUW OPEN FACTION STATUS REQUEST - 04/11/13 03:27 PM

Chill out.

There was almost noone if anyone left in the last week or two of beta for the original DF1 Euro release either.

Speaking of which I do not recall you in that beta either. Or at launch. You were pushing Warhammer.
Posted By: Valaria Re: DFUW OPEN FACTION STATUS REQUEST - 04/11/13 05:33 PM
I had a chat with Mr Uber. I think he understands what is going on in DFUW now.

His playtimes he has been missing those that still are playing in beta. Many of us have scaled it back a bit to get other things done before launch on Tuesday.
Posted By: Cheerio Re: DFUW OPEN FACTION STATUS REQUEST - 04/11/13 07:36 PM
i burned myself out 3 wipes ago. i am committed to launch.

uber- ignorance, ismash, sometimes critter, and myself repped KGB by ourselves for more that a year. i feel your pain.
Posted By: Valaria Re: DFUW OPEN FACTION STATUS REQUEST - 04/11/13 08:12 PM
you should log in and check out the changes they made recently Cheerio. its pretty different then it was 3 wipes ago.
Posted By: Morlander Re: DFUW OPEN FACTION STATUS REQUEST - 04/11/13 10:01 PM
yer joking dude right?
its a beta and not only that the end of a beta use some maturity when you post and honestly if this is the kind of shit that makes you actually come to the forums.
before you post think about it first to not make yourself look even more foolish
beta is be no means manditory to be played as if the game was live.

as for making you a leader its not likely with posts like this as well as how you handle yourself in clan alliance you regularly throw temper tantrums whenever things arent how you want it to be
noone to hang out with you generally bitch in clan alliance rather than find something to do
not trying to make you mad but im not holding back the truth either
what would being a leader accomplish either way?

fact is with launch coming next week id not doubt for one second that others are doing the same as i and saving up for a spree on launch and doing real life stuff regularly while poping into df to see whats changed in patches
Posted By: JetStar Re: DFUW OPEN FACTION STATUS REQUEST - 04/11/13 10:09 PM
Just so everyone knows, DFOUW is CLOSED faction and OPEN is not even an option.

This is a chance to rebuild our organization. DFOUW is a not a ADD compatible game and I expect to rebuild the entire KGB organization from the core that have committed to playing it.
Posted By: Cheerio Re: DFUW OPEN FACTION STATUS REQUEST - 04/12/13 03:12 AM
i have been following the changes and even patching. but i am ending up saving myself for a special moment, a magical moment, to give myself up completely
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: DFUW OPEN FACTION STATUS REQUEST - 04/12/13 03:52 AM
So what about those times when several of us were playing for those days when you were absent. Nobody threw a tantrum about you being gone when those times some of us were active. If I don't see people online, I'll either still play anyway or I won't. I'm not going to bitch because nobody is playing the same time I am, this is a game I will treat it as such. My playing times aren't mandatory nor do I have set play times, none of us do. We play when we can, that's just the way it is.

There are those of us that have real life obligations. Playing at the same times as you probably isn't going to happen every time you login. Come launch I would be afraid to give numbers on those that will be playing. I would say the first week or two we will see a decent amount of KGB playing. After that I would say it's going to be sporadic when those that haven't played much beta if any beta at all will settle in to the game and know what they need to do.

I think if we can expect more of this when launch gets here and people aren't playing or not doing what you want to do, then do what you feel you need to do. Maybe I'm just an asshole, but I have a problem with giving in to tantrums.
Posted By: Sini Re: DFUW OPEN FACTION STATUS REQUEST - 04/12/13 05:20 PM
Uber, KGB/we are what we are. Trying to change that will only cause you grief. Too much inertia.

I will keep you company when I get around to playing DF again, in a couple of months after release when they fix worst bugs. There is no way I am going to install on my machine something that they call Beta.
Posted By: Lorddarka Re: DFUW OPEN FACTION STATUS REQUEST - 04/13/13 12:28 PM
still hoping this company can pull it together. :-/
Posted By: Morlander Re: DFUW OPEN FACTION STATUS REQUEST - 04/13/13 12:31 PM
games come a long way since beta launch
Posted By: Lorddarka Re: DFUW OPEN FACTION STATUS REQUEST - 04/13/13 12:52 PM
welp we will see. from reading the forums people r hating and saying its not ready yet. i havent played in a month but i can almost bet they are right. sounds like a av funding issue again and that seems to always be their problem. i hope they can pull the rabbit out the hat i might play for release since ive payed for it but we all know its going to be a lagfest and bugfest and thats going to turn people away so fast its going to be sad.. :-)
im going to think postive though go tasos u flaming tard i hope u can pull it out.. :-/
Posted By: Morlander Re: DFUW OPEN FACTION STATUS REQUEST - 04/13/13 01:25 PM
forumfall is a ravenous flame fest 1 post in 20 has legit info and unbiased views that place it a ses pool

the combat revamps have been great some people seem to think each class needs to be balanced for 1v1 which is retarded imo when the game is a big war type thing and not 1 on 1 based

the combat and skill grind are the biggest things they worked on in beta they claim the 35 dungeons will come shortly after launch and they r done which when i snuck into them in beta early they where pretty nice and populated with mobs already
they just need to turn em on.

that will be a big bonus for places to go things to do
Posted By: Sini Re: DFUW OPEN FACTION STATUS REQUEST - 04/13/13 03:08 PM
Each class has to be balanced for 1v1, or everyone will play 'the best' class and switch out to support roles for sieges.
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: DFUW OPEN FACTION STATUS REQUEST - 04/13/13 03:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Lorddarka
welp we will see. from reading the forums people r hating and saying its not ready yet. i havent played in a month but i can almost bet they are right. sounds like a av funding issue again and that seems to always be their problem. i hope they can pull the rabbit out the hat i might play for release since ive payed for it but we all know its going to be a lagfest and bugfest and thats going to turn people away so fast its going to be sad.. :-)
im going to think postive though go tasos u flaming tard i hope u can pull it out.. :-/

I'm not going to say you're completely wrong. I'm sure there's going to be issues when launch gets here, simply because there's issues with 99% of games that launch period. If your basing the lastest issues off the Troll Fest on the Darkfall forums, then you are just taking the bait. There has been a big difference between opening Beta until now. A lot of changes have been made, sure not everyone likes them you won't make everyone happy. But I would say most of the changes are nice. Now I don't have to worry about having my computer running 24/7 because In the past I would have to do it to run macros just to advance my character.

With the changes made we don't ever have to do that again. The changes have made it so there isn't a big grind anymore and it's easier to stay competitive. The Important things now are Weapons & Armor. As long as we make it a KGB community effort like we have all of beta, we can mass our resources and level a KGB owned toon so we can make the higher level weapons & Armor that we will need. Most people will out level their weapon really fast, this is why it's essential that we pool our resources so we can get those weapons & Armor made.
Posted By: Cheerio Re: DFUW OPEN FACTION STATUS REQUEST - 04/14/13 04:31 AM
the grind turns an eternal quest for prowess. HOWEVER, there is light wt the tunnel. i think that with 10k prowess you can have a good toon. thats attainable and worth grinding for. after that its just about topping up secondary stats and so forth

no more macros? me like
Posted By: Valaria Re: DFUW OPEN FACTION STATUS REQUEST - 04/14/13 12:03 PM
Cheerio, if you do the right things Prowess flows pretty fast. Critter built up 50k prowess with in the first week.
He was playing more then me at the time... I was able to build up 26k.. and I wasnt playing anywhere like I normally do.

If you think yours is not moving fast enough, ask some of us Beta vets what you can do to make it faster.
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: DFUW OPEN FACTION STATUS REQUEST - 04/14/13 01:27 PM
It's about Feats. Look on the Feats tab, you have to check off everything except PVE feats. You get so much prowess for killing mobs. It's best to have at least 3 people in a spawn. Or 2 people and a ALT. The speed of the mob spawning depends on how many players are at that spawn. We found that as long as you have 3 players they will spawn faster than with two.
Posted By: Instrument Re: DFUW OPEN FACTION STATUS REQUEST - 04/15/13 01:19 AM
I got 8k in my first day with the help of some advanced players and killing elementals

allowed me to max my strength improving my armour and damage

letting me fight mobs a lot higher than I expected on day 2
Posted By: Magusto Re: DFUW OPEN FACTION STATUS REQUEST - 04/15/13 02:05 AM
I am going to agree with Uber on the points made regaurding having to team up with OTG. The reason is because I saw this happen at least 2 weeks in a row when I was active about a month ago. My playtime being 9pm-12am CST.

What I saw is that about 4-5 KGB players will be on, but Uber will be PVP by himself or w/ OTG because people don't speak up/X up to join in. I have been in a party with him and invited all the KGB currently on(6-10) and didn't get more than 2 responses. I am guilty of not speaking up for PVP myself, and my reason being that I was still griding to get the 100 str recommended for PVP.

Unfortunately I think the biggest factor is time, because what I am describing above is only for the times between 9pm-12am CST. I see ths is late for most and people are probably logging. I do notice quite a few more KGB are active from 5pm-9pm (Excluding the morning crew).

Just wanted to toss in my 2 cents that uber isn't that crazy.
Posted By: HeRog Re: DFUW OPEN FACTION STATUS REQUEST - 04/15/13 02:19 AM
My main point of playing is PvP. I will go at nearly anytime I am on. I will honestly die a lot but it has never been difficult to kill HeRog! lol
Posted By: Valaria Re: DFUW OPEN FACTION STATUS REQUEST - 04/15/13 02:04 PM
Magusto, what you are failing to say is that it was BETA and that we hardly had anyone playing because it was BETA. I know for at least the first week of game, Mor and Myself will be on probly pretty late. But generally You wont find me on past 1030pm cst because I have RL to contend with early in the morning due to a Mini person. Others have work.

Having allies gives everyone a chance to play with other "friendly" players, even when your own clan is not on and active due to time of day.

We will be trying to recruit more people for all kinds of time zones and play times. This will be up to those playing to assist with this, as I would have rare contact with those that only play Late night early morning for me.
© The KGB Oracle