The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Derid Newt Gingrich - 12/05/11 09:48 PM

Nuff Said.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: Newt Gingrich - 12/05/11 10:16 PM
Yep, he's a hypocritical, moral-less, Washington weasel, and if he gets the nomination will facilitate another term for B.O. because most of us will write in Ron Paul to avoid voting for this jackass.
Posted By: Sini Re: Newt Gingrich - 12/06/11 12:12 AM
My favorite part about this guy - having an affair while trying to impeach Clinton.
Posted By: Sini Re: Newt Gingrich - 12/06/11 06:18 PM
This video really shows how choke full of crazies conservative movement became, where first minute of the video is nothing but "look, he compromised - BURN THE RINO!" slam.
Posted By: Derid Re: Newt Gingrich - 12/06/11 09:21 PM

*rolleyes*
Posted By: Sini Re: Newt Gingrich - 12/09/11 04:54 PM
Class Warfare Newt

Quote:
Republican front-runner New Gingrich said Mr. Obama "represents a hard left radicalism" and is "opposed to capitalism and everything that made America great." The best way to help the middle class, the former House Speaker argued, was slashing the size of the federal government and cutting taxes.

So the best way to help middle class is to slash a lot of middle class jobs and cut the taxes on rich?

Seems like Newt is another trickle-downer.
Posted By: Mithus Re: Newt Gingrich - 12/09/11 07:10 PM
Originally Posted By: sinij

So the best way to help middle class is to slash a lot of middle class jobs and cut the taxes on rich?

Bingo! instead of welcome to darkfall, put Welcome to Brazil.
but different from Brazil, the representative USA democracy, gives a better protection to the rich ruling minority, because even when the population of poor reachs more than 50% it will protects them from the mobs.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Newt Gingrich - 12/09/11 09:31 PM
This the guy your talking about? Seems like the big government that everyone was talking about.

Posted By: Sini Re: Newt Gingrich - 12/13/11 06:09 PM
Vote eligibility shenanigans

Quote:
Presidential candidate Newt Gingrich seems nostalgic for the good old Jim Crow poll tax days: he has called for people to have to pass an American historical literacy test before they can vote.

Educating voters is a good idea, using something/anything as a barrier to keep people from voting is outright unconstitutional.

Quote:
conservative governors and legislators, working with templates produced by the American Legislative Exchange Council (Alec), have pushed through laws to cut the number of voting days, impede groups registering new voters, demand proof of citizenship and otherwise make it more difficult to cast a ballot.

[rules]
Posted By: Helemoto Re: Newt Gingrich - 12/13/11 06:52 PM
cut the number of voting days- how many days do you need to vote.
demand proof of citizenship- seems like a sound idea to me. in my state they atleast have a list and check you off when you vote but do not ask for id
and otherwise make it more difficult to cast a ballot- kinda of a open statement like not all democrats are idiots but all idiots are democrats.
impede groups registering new voters- so no regulations(which you seem to like) on how people are registered, with free stuff??

below is a little list of why I almost stopped reading, nice reporting skills and not being biased.

Presidential candidate and angry white man
steeped in Koch-flavored Tea
a former slave state

Republicans all sing from the same hymnal on this one: voting must be tightly controlled to prevent fraud. Never mind that there is no fraud.

No voter fraud here keep moving
Posted By: Sini Re: Newt Gingrich - 12/13/11 07:20 PM
What Fraud? Show me the case that voter fraud, where illegals are casting votes, is an issue. All you need is to prove your identity - driver's license or any other photo id is more than enough.

When you say "voting must be tightly controlled" what you really end up saying is to create loops and hoops to jump through for non-white non-male non-christian conservative voters.
Posted By: Valen Re: Newt Gingrich - 12/13/11 07:25 PM
Well, I'm all for some filtering on people voting; more so on the education level though.
Posted By: Sini Re: Newt Gingrich - 12/13/11 07:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Helemoto

Nowhere in that link does it actually provide examples of voter fraud by illegal immigrants.

I simply do not understand conservative obsession over illegal immigrants, most of the folks are doing seasonal work at below-livable wage, living in shacks so they can send money home where cost of living differential make it a good deal for them. This labor keeps US food prices down and allows US agriculture to compete with cheaper overseas producers. The very last thing these illegals want to do is rock the boat in a highly visible way - by committing voter fraud.
Posted By: Sini Re: Newt Gingrich - 12/13/11 07:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Valen
Well, I'm all for some filtering on people voting; more so on the education level though.

Why stop with education? How about sex? Or land ownership? Or sexual orientation?
Posted By: Valen Re: Newt Gingrich - 12/13/11 07:32 PM
Because none of those factors count into mouth breathers making idiotic decisions, basic education does.
Posted By: Helemoto Re: Newt Gingrich - 12/13/11 07:39 PM
First, voter fraud is not limited to illegals.
Second, we all know identity thief is real.
Third, most states do not require you to show an id to vote.
Fourth, how is making sure that people vote legally turn into only whites getting to vote, this is what pisses people off that people like you go directly to racism and look past what we really want, which is fair voting.

So now proving you are a United States citizen and voting is now some how stopping people from voting. If they are not to lazy to go vote they are not to lazy to go get a id card then democrats will give them a ride and buy them dinner after they vote.

Just keep spinning the left wing lie train. The democrat motto,keep repeating a lie and eventually they will believe it.
Posted By: Sini Re: Newt Gingrich - 12/13/11 07:39 PM
Concept of informed voters appeals to me on many levels, I just don't see a way to get there without compromising the system.

Plus, aren't you conservatives for less regulation and small government? This path is all but guaranteed to lead to bureaucratic quagmire and over-regulation, even by my liberal pro-regulation standards that would be too much. Just imagine regulation and bureaucracy that would get involved in writing and administering tests. Plus, who would pay for that?
Posted By: Sini Re: Newt Gingrich - 12/13/11 07:43 PM

Fourth, how is making sure that people vote legally turn into only whites getting to vote.

My lawyer can get any paperwork, test or whatever finished and filed on my behalf without creating disruption for my life. I will get to vote regardless of roadblocks/requirements you put in place, but then I am not below-average paycheck-to-paycheck no-vacation-days-ever person.

Way racial demographics play out, a lot more minorities are in the later group and would be prevented or discouraged from voting.

To clarify: Photo ID (one from the large list or government-issued IDs) is reasonable to ask, anything more than that and you are getting into "too much" area.
Posted By: Valen Re: Newt Gingrich - 12/13/11 07:47 PM
Not sure who the conservative comment was directed towards, I am most definitely not conservative. (For the record)
Posted By: Sini Re: Newt Gingrich - 12/13/11 07:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Valen
Because none of those factors count into mouth breathers making idiotic decisions, basic education does.

I'd point to the example of conservatives on this board. They are educated, yet way I see it they are "making idiotic decisions". If I were designing criteria for voter eligibility based on any kind of factors, by simple virtue of having political opinions these criteria would be politically biased.

Another point to consider - one can be educated and established in professional field but disinterested and mis-informed in politics.

I think if "educated voter" issue to be tackled, force all voters to watch 60-seconds "here are my promises" (so no attack adds are allowed) from each candidate prior to voting.
Posted By: Helemoto Re: Newt Gingrich - 12/13/11 07:56 PM
Well grats on being well to do but I am a paycheck to paycheck kinda guy and I didn't have a problem getting registered.
I am pretty sure your lawyer can't sign you up to vote, you have to be in person with your id.

I also don't know why you are arguing with me since I have only been arguing that id's should be required. This will not stop all fraud(btw you are an idiot if you say there is none) but will help alot to prevent most.

So everyone can get a photo id with or with out a lawyer so your argument is once again false. Trying to blame the rich white guy doesn't hold water.
There have been efforts to automatic sign people up to vote when they get their license.

I say this with love so don't send your lawyers after me.
Posted By: Sini Re: Newt Gingrich - 12/13/11 07:59 PM

I also don't know why you are arguing with me since I have only been arguing that id's should be required.

I assumed we are still discussing Gingrich's stance on voter eligibility. Specifically - Presidential candidate Newt Gingrich ... has called for people to have to pass an American historical literacy test before they can vote."
Posted By: Helemoto Re: Newt Gingrich - 12/13/11 08:22 PM
O---that
right

Well that is idiotic.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Newt Gingrich - 12/13/11 10:41 PM
I am not a Newt fan.

The idea of having to test to be able to vote is excellent I just have no answer as to what the criteria would be.

I think you should also have to test in order to have children if you have a history of unemployment/government payroll.

I think lawyers are in fact the new priests and that the laws in this country are on the verge of becoming beyond ridiculous.

I think that there should be campuses where those applying for citizenship should be forced to live where they schooling and English were taught to them and they could be put to work to pay off their schooling and fees unless sponsored by a citizen like a foreign exchange family.

I could go on for days.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Newt Gingrich - 12/14/11 12:13 AM
General quiz on the items on the ballot. If you know the issues and can articulate the general jist of the things you are voting on, you have a verifiable ID, SS Number, and are registered to vote in said precinct, then proceed to vote.

If you can't even say, let alone spell, articulate, then you can only vote in the general elections at the local level. You do not contain the mental faculity to comprehend those things which you are casting your lot for. Therefore, you have recused your right to participate.

In short, the sign reads "No mouth breathers, knuckle dragers, brainwashed regurgitating sheeple, and especially no one named Wolfgang."
Posted By: Sini Re: Newt Gingrich - 12/14/11 02:01 AM
Tasorin, why not urine sample to make sure you are not on drugs and fingerprints to make sure you are not an identity thief? Plus, you should always ask for _ORIGINAL_ birth certificate. After all, we wouldn't want any Kenyans voting in our elections.
Posted By: Helemoto Re: Newt Gingrich - 12/14/11 02:30 AM
I have to jump the extreme train on this one.
There is only one criteria to vote in the USA.
If you don't know what it is then maybe you shouldn't vote.

The idea that some one needs to pass a test to vote kinda goes against everything the Constitution stands for.
Posted By: Sini Re: Newt Gingrich - 12/16/11 06:31 AM
Mitt Romney Haunted By Past

Quote:
Though Mitt Romney is considered to be a frontrunner for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination, the national spotlight has forced him to repeatedly confront a major skeleton in his political closet: that as governor of Massachusetts he once tried to help poor, uninsured sick people.

Romney, who signed the state's 2006 health care reform act, has said he "deeply regrets" giving people in poor physical and mental health the opportunity to seek medical attention, admitting that helping very sick people get better remains a dark cloud hovering over his political career, and his biggest obstacle to becoming president of the United States of America.

While this is satire, it is very-spot on as far as Republican primaries go.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: Newt Gingrich - 12/16/11 06:41 AM
Yeah, that clearly doesn't have any bias...
© The KGB Oracle