The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Zarad Zhuul Infinite Aion (free) - 09/19/10 06:34 PM
Just wanted to throw out an invitation to all KGB to come play some free aion. Myself and another KGB member are lookng to start playing Monday.
Post here if ur interested in trying it out

www.infiniteaion.com
Posted By: Twinky Re: Infinite Aion (free) - 09/19/10 08:32 PM
hows is it free?
Posted By: Twinky Re: Infinite Aion (free) - 09/19/10 08:35 PM
if it is i know a few people who wantet to play but didnt want to pay
Posted By: Ictinike Re: Infinite Aion (free) - 09/19/10 09:52 PM
That looks to be a hacked free server not the official game, no?
Posted By: Zarad Zhuul Re: Infinite Aion (free) - 09/20/10 12:34 AM
It's free because it's an emulated server and you can download the client from ncsoft directly or thru sites like fileplanet, flleshack, etc

if you've never played an emu server before there is quite the following for aion, wow, UO ,and EQ

I think we are playing asmodian on the lehial server... I'm stuck at the beach tonight so I haven't actually had a chance to play yet
Posted By: Kaotic Re: Infinite Aion (free) - 09/20/10 03:22 AM
Me and several others played the pay version. Its not that special, but Rep likes it.
Posted By: Zarad Zhuul Re: Infinite Aion (free) - 09/20/10 11:44 AM
Well come join us then... It's supposed to be a little faster xp than retail spit won't seem so grindy
Posted By: Stubs Re: Infinite Aion (free) - 09/21/10 01:22 AM
Faster xp is always nice, but theres one major problem. The faction you've chosen has major hair issues.
Posted By: Joneb Re: Infinite Aion (free) - 09/22/10 02:28 PM
And how can you tell if there isnt coding in the server or being downloaded when you log in that allows hacking into your pc like a backdoor?
Posted By: Zarad Zhuul Re: Infinite Aion (free) - 09/22/10 03:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Axefist
And how can you tell if there isnt coding in the server or being downloaded when you log in that allows hacking into your pc like a backdoor?

oh lord...just wear your tin-foil hat while you play and you'll be alright.
Posted By: Joneb Re: Infinite Aion (free) - 09/22/10 06:11 PM
Originally Posted By: Zarad Zhuul
Originally Posted By: Axefist

oh lord...just wear your tin-foil hat while you play and you'll be alright.

Tell me you are not serious or as naieve to think people dont use the web for illegal activities and will find ingenious ways of doing it. I and a friend were phoned just today, my friend three times before, by someone telling us our computer had viruses and telling us to go online and go to a webpage to find out. Its a scam. Once you got to the website it downloads a virus with your help, if you are stupid enough, that disables your antivirus and tells you you have viruses which are fake and that you must pay for sofware to clean the viruses. My friend on another occasion actually got conned with a popup he didnt realise was fake giving him an alert to having viruses which had the same result as above. If you are computer and net savvy you will know how many scams are going on every day and if you have any common sense you wil know realise the people hosting this game server ilegally are already breaking the law quite ingeniously so they have already broken trust and therefore why should I trust them?
Posted By: Zarad Zhuul Re: Infinite Aion (free) - 09/22/10 09:02 PM
What your describing is in an entirely different league....this is a game server not some bs virus marketing scam.
Posted By: Joneb Re: Infinite Aion (free) - 09/23/10 05:48 PM
Good luck mate. Dont blame me if you end up with crap on your pc from a hacked server.

EDIT: Check this website - http://www.securelist.com/en/analysis/204791963/Online_games_and_fraud_using_games_as_bait#evolution
Posted By: Represent Re: Infinite Aion (free) - 09/26/10 02:54 AM
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Me and several others played the pay version. Its not that special, but Rep likes it.

If your the type who wants end game items and pvp top level aion takes time

If the EMU is ACC points maybe but no thanks otherwise lol
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: Infinite Aion (free) - 09/26/10 03:57 AM
Originally Posted By: Joneb
Good luck mate. Dont blame me if you end up with crap on your pc from a hacked server.

EDIT: Check this website - http://www.securelist.com/en/analysis/204791963/Online_games_and_fraud_using_games_as_bait#evolution

Throughout KGB's history we have partaken in many emulated servers.
We all understand the possible risks associated with it.

To this day we still have many KGB that play the UO Hybrid emulated server which has been around now for about 10 - 11 years, without any problems for KGB members.
There area also several KGB involved in the SWG Emulated Server as well as the Shadowbane Emu. Both of which seem to be coming along fairly well.
There are possible risks with any game played, including non-emulated servers, but that is something that each person gets to decide for themselves.
© The KGB Oracle