The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Raekwon Sieging Info! 03/16/07 - 03/16/07 10:54 AM
http://df-en.curse-gaming.com/general-news/1130/darkfall-curse-exclusive-qa-city-sieging/

Not much new concept wise other than their idea for handling the attackers of a siege. In DF the attacking guild leader will have to carry a shard. If he dies the shard is lost and the siege if lifted.

This change in concept must have been to give purpose to people who want to play the pure assassin role. They truly can make a difference now... maybe too much of a difference. I can see this getting nerfed.

Lesson here I guess would be that your clan leader better be a Pally spec'd in Invuln Bubble so that it lasts for an hour straight with only a 5 minute refresh timer
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Sieging Info! 03/16/07 - 03/16/07 01:44 PM
Also means that the leader will obviously need to be protected better. I wonder if the Leader could hand off the shard during the battle? (Read: Rugby).
Posted By: Derid Re: Sieging Info! 03/16/07 - 03/16/07 07:06 PM

I consider that bad news personally, hopefully changes during beta.
Posted By: Helemoto Re: Sieging Info! 03/16/07 - 03/16/07 09:43 PM
"So far we've simulated battles with a couple of hundred players, and it works great"
Lest hope this holds up.
This also means people other then the devs are playing it>
Posted By: Dustrider Re: Sieging Info! 03/16/07 - 03/24/07 02:02 AM
Quote:

"So far we've simulated battles with a couple of hundred players, and it works great"
Lest hope this holds up.
This also means people other then the devs are playing it>

Yeah but people are retarded. Let the true gamer test this theroy out and see what happens. That shard would be dropped in about 2 sec.

Let's say if you was one of "these people."

Would you tell the.. "well this aint working" so that no beta will drag out even longer

Or

Would you tell them "OMG>. this owned.. great idea.. let's start beta now."

I'm sure the average gamer that was invited to this was not invited. Only the retards who think they know games.

For example. SWG and the new gaming experience. They fucked it up and their response was " Our focus group has great comments on this."

Hints the TONS of people that left the game.

If they are going to test something... Test it in Beta.. not a closed retard session.

It's like most games where they have a test center.. They impliment it into live and people go "WTF is that... that is dumb.. why?.... " Response.. "it was doing good on test"

Nobody plays test half the time that knows anything.

ok.. my ranting is off..

My ideas are not out. lol.
Posted By: nethervoid Re: Sieging Info! 03/16/07 - 03/26/07 05:56 PM
I like this. It was WAY too easy to fuxx up someone's city in SB. It should be much easier to defend than attack. This is one way to do it. I hope there are more.
Posted By: Owain Re: Sieging Info! 03/16/07 - 03/26/07 08:02 PM
Well, I can't say that I like this idea much. I can see this idea resulting in some really skewed and unrealistic tactics. What ever happened to the good old fashioned tactic of crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you, and hearing the lamentation of the women?

I certainly don't want to see sieges reduced to a game of "find the magic binkie".
Posted By: Helemoto Re: Sieging Info! 03/16/07 - 03/26/07 08:57 PM
Geeezzz Dust All I was saying(badly from your reply) is it is atleast advancing to a stage were they are not the only ones testing it.
Hopefully they will do a beta that will work out bugs and find things that piss people off so it can get fixed before release. That is what betas are for and these guys seem to have the time to make things work before they release to early and crash and burn.
Posted By: Raekwon Re: Sieging Info! 03/16/07 - 03/30/07 08:26 AM
Quote:

I certainly don't want to see sieges reduced to a game of "find the magic binkie".

Darkfall player guide: Section 1 - Sieging
In order to take a city one must hold the magic twinky for 30 seconds while standing on 1 toe. No buffs of balance or Dex are allowed. The city defenders must kill the holder of the twinky prior to the 30 seconds being completed. You will know the Twinky Man by the color of his aviator becoming a dull yellow and on radar screen you shall see the "oscar myer wienner" logo at his location.

Darkfall Trickers Tip #23:
As we all know Twinkies come in pairs, the same is true in Darkfall. While the holder of the first twinky will be easily found the holder of the second twinky will not be easily seen until the first twinky is eaten or destroyed. If either Twinky-man is able to hold on for 30 seconds then your guild wins and the city will fall under your control.
Posted By: Dustrider Re: Sieging Info! 03/16/07 - 03/31/07 10:24 AM
Quote:

Darkfall player guide: Section 1 - Sieging
In order to take a city one must hold the magic twinky for 30 seconds while standing on 1 toe. No buffs of balance or Dex are allowed. The city defenders must kill the holder of the twinky prior to the 30 seconds being completed. You will know the Twinky Man by the color of his aviator becoming a dull yellow and on radar screen you shall see the "oscar myer wienner" logo at his location.

Darkfall Trickers Tip #23:
As we all know Twinkies come in pairs, the same is true in Darkfall. While the holder of the first twinky will be easily found the holder of the second twinky will not be easily seen until the first twinky is eaten or destroyed. If either Twinky-man is able to hold on for 30 seconds then your guild wins and the city will fall under your control.

*****YAWN*******

you fail
Posted By: Fleeting Re: Sieging Info! 03/16/07 - 05/05/07 10:39 AM
This seems to be bad news to me but without knowing the full mechanics of the game its difficult to know.

If its possible to sneak up on someone invis or stealthed and get the first hit then at banes you will simply arrange a group of enough stealthers that when they all attack together instant death to the guy carrying the shard, seige over.
© The KGB Oracle