The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Zen_Pollo REQUEST FOR SPONSOR - 12/20/12 10:44 PM
Greetings,

I am looking for a sponsor for the DF:UW game. I am in the beta and have completed the tutorial. I am alos off the next 2 weeks or so and plan to invest in some hevy gaming time now that the game is stable.

In any case, I am in my late 30's and plan to play mostly in the evenings and weekends. I have a headset and I don't mind using ventrilo and whatnot. In terms of gaming experience, I have been MMORPGing since Asherons Call -- Darktide, bsby!. I have also played DAOC, and most recently Shadowbane. I have been following DF for years, but the grind in the first game really turned me off. In terms of play-style, I am happy doing whatever the guild needs. I am happy farming, gathering mats, crafting and participating in PvP. I am also happy building whatever spec build the guild feels is appropriate.

I am looking for a guild with some staying power and I know of your guild via reputation from SB. In fact, the recruit video with the Shadowbane Theme Music brought a tear to the eye! In SB, my guild was known as the Masquers (they kind of faded away towards the end...)

In any case, let me know what I can do to expedite this process. MMO's are more fun when you have a group of buddies to hang with!

Regards,
ZP
Posted By: Drakiis Re: REQUEST FOR SPONSOR - 12/20/12 11:06 PM
Someone will be looking out for you, and explain the deal, right now recruiting is ramped up please be patient with us.
Posted By: Zen_Pollo Re: REQUEST FOR SPONSOR - 12/20/12 11:24 PM
No prob, Drakiis!

Heck, between the Queues and the Patching, all I've got it time!

--ZP
Posted By: Lukky Re: REQUEST FOR SPONSOR - 12/21/12 06:55 AM
Originally Posted By: Zen_Pollo
No prob, Drakiis!

Heck, between the Queues and the Patching, all I've got it time!

--ZP

Zen Pollo rolled with me and my old guild, the Masquers (one of the best guys I ever recruited). Great guy! If there is anything I can do to help him get in etc... please let me know. Total vouch for this character from me.

Zen what's up! It's Bob (Wrathh).
Posted By: Lukky Re: REQUEST FOR SPONSOR - 12/21/12 07:03 AM
I will gladly sponsor him as well if I'm able.
Posted By: Valaria Re: REQUEST FOR SPONSOR - 12/21/12 02:00 PM
Lukky you are definitely able to sponsor him.

I will be checking my inbox for applications a few times a day now, instead of daily too.
Posted By: Zen_Pollo Re: REQUEST FOR SPONSOR - 12/21/12 03:13 PM
Wow! Bob! What's up man?

How's the old ball and chain? Hear from any of the old crew lately?

Life's been good to me. Since SB ended, my wife and I spawned a future little gamer. Right now he is two and he is kind of a dick, so I foresee much smack-talkery and throw-downery in his future...

Good to hear from you again and I look forward to throwing down once more!

--ZP
Posted By: Cheerio Re: REQUEST FOR SPONSOR - 12/21/12 06:54 PM
Zen its Cheerio! dude great to see you!
Posted By: Zen_Pollo Re: REQUEST FOR SPONSOR - 12/21/12 07:42 PM
Wow! Cheerio! Wassup?

It's like old times!
Posted By: Cheerio Re: REQUEST FOR SPONSOR - 12/21/12 11:57 PM
Zen are you bringing anyone else or are they lost to WoW and RL?
Posted By: Lukky Re: REQUEST FOR SPONSOR - 12/21/12 11:59 PM
Myself, Brett (Cheerio), and Willy (Ignorance) left MQ when it died out and KGB has given us a good home. PJ (Greed) may or may not play DFUW, he's pretty busy with his bar.

In case you're feeling nostalgic check out these old vids of us against those shitbags Crime Syndicate. You are in one of them playing your bard (Perid I believe). That's the one where I get four kill shots lol. Brett and Willy also make appearances as Cheerio, and Ignorance.

MQvsCS
MQvsCS2
MQvsCS3 - My favorite because we trash Shazbawt also!

Should get you plenty revved up to pwn in DFUW eh?

Everyone should +1 this guy. Solid player (even though he brought an R4 bard to pvp).
Posted By: Zen_Pollo Re: REQUEST FOR SPONSOR - 12/22/12 02:08 AM
heh! Those vids bring back memories! I remember that 10v10 fight. That was when I first joined and was still pretty wet behind the ears, so to speak. Good times, tho.

In answer to your question, Cheerio, I lost touch with the gang after SB. It is good to see so many folks land here though. I suppose great minds think alike!

In any case, I am looking forward to this game. The beta has been pretty choppy thus far, but AV is making alot of daily progress increasing the stability.

Anyhow, Looking forward to gaming with you folks again. Put in a good word for me!

ZP
Posted By: Drakiis Re: REQUEST FOR SPONSOR - 12/22/12 07:13 AM
I expect great things from this crew...looking forward to the application with Lukky as your sponsor.
Posted By: Kegir Re: REQUEST FOR SPONSOR - 12/23/12 10:00 AM
Ahh masquers! I was in TAG we did some things together back in the day. That's before I was in KGB causing trouble:)
Posted By: Lukky Re: REQUEST FOR SPONSOR - 12/23/12 11:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Kegir
Ahh masquers! I was in TAG we did some things together back in the day. That's before I was in KGB causing trouble:)

Keg, I thought I recognized your name and then I saw the play to crush in your sig. Where is the rest of TAG these days? Who was that girl that was the gl at one time?
Posted By: Kegir Re: REQUEST FOR SPONSOR - 12/24/12 07:01 AM
Tearna aka fantasy. She replaced the original leader after he quit. She ended up joining another guild and fking TAG over. Think it was legion of candy . I ended up joining with a guild called Fight The Power ( FTP) with some TAG guys and played with them till SB died. I lost touch with all of them after they went to darkfall and quit. Then I started playing DF1 found KGB and here I am:)
© The KGB Oracle