The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Ziden/SharZAR Little Help pls - 02/25/15 03:59 PM
So I would like to try out ArcheAge. Other then the Server is there anything els I need to know before starting a Char?
Posted By: Derid Re: Little Help pls - 02/25/15 06:02 PM
west faction, so human or elf

otherwise no, you eventually get all classes. Just dont take vitalism or witchcraft first - not that I thin you can - just because leveling 1-5 would be super slow.
Posted By: Ziden/SharZAR Re: Little Help pls - 02/25/15 07:09 PM
heh That is what I started last night, a human Vitalism. heh Wanted to try out healing. Thank you for the info Derid..
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Little Help pls - 02/26/15 05:42 AM
Definately do not level Vitalism unless you are going Paladin or Ranger.

paladin is Vit, Battlerage, Defense

Ranger is Vit, Archery, Shadowplay.

If end game healing is really what you want to shoot for then you are going to want:

Templar vit/def/auramancy

Cleric vit/songcraft/auramancy

hierophant vit/aura/witchcraft

Keep in mind that every build combination has both offensive and defensive capabilities depnding on your skill choice so there are tons of options for leveling.
Posted By: Ziden/SharZAR Re: Little Help pls - 02/26/15 09:38 PM
Thanks for the info.1
Posted By: Ziden/SharZAR Re: Little Help pls - 02/26/15 09:40 PM
Now if I can just get my WoW Mouse to work in the game I would be a happy camper..
Posted By: Ziden/SharZAR Re: Little Help pls - 02/26/15 10:40 PM
Templar it is... Going to just lvl as a Templar, I know it's going to be a lot slower, but I can really get use to all my skills that way. Don't want to hit 50 and not know shit..

It just dawned on me, does the Guild even need anymore Healers? I would rather be working on a char that would be more beneficial to the Guild..
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: Little Help pls - 02/26/15 11:47 PM
Originally Posted By: SharZAR
Templar it is... Going to just lvl as a Templar, I know it's going to be a lot slower, but I can really get use to all my skills that way. Don't want to hit 50 and not know shit..

It just dawned on me, does the Guild even need anymore Healers? I would rather be working on a char that would be more beneficial to the Guild..

We could always use another healer old friend. TBH depending on what you plan to do in the game there will most likely be times where you change your class/skill set (since you can level them all up and change them for a small amount of coin) so pick what interested you and after you finish that you can look into raising other skills.
Posted By: Ziden/SharZAR Re: Little Help pls - 02/27/15 05:04 PM
Romeo.. How have you been brother? I see there still are some old schoolers holding up the fort.
It's been awhile, hell it's been years... Shit you were a teenager when we use to hang. Now my little buddy is all grown up..heh after considering what you both have said I've decided to just level as DPS until I hit cap then I'll look into the healing skills. so Thanks for your input guys..
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Little Help pls - 02/28/15 07:00 PM
So consider this. 3 skills that you will find highly useful at end game are Archery/defense/auramancy.

The class is called Bastion.

For your damage you have your archery which honestly is all you need. Auramancy will give you MEDITATE which is your channelable mana regen (very important for pve and speeds up questi time). Defense is used by almost everything at endgame so best to knock it out early.

Just some more food for though.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Little Help pls - 03/03/15 09:11 PM
Since the Beta cycle, Bastion has been a solid "level up" build which lent itself useful for other end game builds so you don't have to level up a 2nd or 3rd archtype when you go to mix-max for end game PvP/PvE.

It also reduces the Hasla items you have to get. This way you only need, Bow, 1 hander, Shield, Club/Staff (whatever the fuck the hasla healing one is) and that will cover most of your end game build combinations.

Lastly, once you get into your end game eqpt. you only really need to farm the cloth and leather set out of GHA and the plate set is just sprinkles at that point.

Make sure you are getting your war on in Halcyona so you get the battle or whatever tokens to start tier/crafting your neck piece or whatever accessory slot it was.

Beyond that its the RNG shit fest where money = gear and once you have the gear set you want you get to hopefully horse trade sets with others when you both want to a change in playstyle/archetype.
Posted By: Ziden/SharZAR Re: Little Help pls - 03/05/15 04:53 PM
Thanks Donk. And yeah I'm killing a lot faster now with Archery.
© The KGB Oracle